Da_Brown_Bomber

Scum players. How are you feeling about of the state of the game?

Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2019 at 5:23 PM, Hiemfire said:

Just to make it clear, the Upgrade Packs and the hypothetical Pilot Packs are different things. Upgrade Packs are coming. Pilot Packs are possible but what was stated was that there will likely be a way to get pilots without buying more minis. They might end up being the same thing, most likely they won't (Upgrade Packs will likely focus on cards and maybe the occasional template and pilot packs would require a bit more cardboard).

this is my guess, they will pair up two (or more, but most likely just two) ship types and release new pilots for them both but in the same pilot packs. i really hope they also include the dials as well as generic pilots in there as well.

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

Boba- guri is still really strong.  I'm talking marauder gunner han style. 

I took it to the hyperspace thinger at adepticon just for kicks and ended up doing well with it .

Also 4 fangs is one of my favorite lists. Fenn plus 3 zealots or 4 skulls both feel good .

Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2019 at 7:05 PM, Velvetelvis said:

Boba- guri is still really strong.  I'm talking marauder gunner han style. 

I took it to the hyperspace thinger at adepticon just for kicks and ended up doing well with it .

Also 4 fangs is one of my favorite lists. Fenn plus 3 zealots or 4 skulls both feel good .

tbh id play 4 fangs in hyperspace. i hav flown a few games with that list a learned a few things about how strong the list is in close but also how imp blocking with ur zealots can be while ur other guys try and get on the flanks.

Posted (edited)

I'm ready for something new for scum. I wonder who else out there has not bought into the new separatists or republic and are waiting patiently for new content for scum.

3-5 ship meta seems to be where its at right now. 2-3 aces or 5-4 generics.

for scum that means some combo of boba/Fenn/guri/scum Han/Teroch/kavil in extended. generic scourges and Y-Wings with dorsal turret gunner are pretty decent too. my preferred variant uses Drea/Hired Gun/2x Lok Revenants. its good and tacky but I don't think its top tier. I did see Ketsu/Talonbane/Old Teroch do well which gave me hope scum can still get the job done if ur willing to invest the time developing a squad that's a bit off the radar and still win with it :)

in hyperspace its likely a choice from... boba/Han/fenn/guri/old T/escape craft. Generic star vipers or Zealous recruits are fun but very glass connonny.

in both formats scum is most likely looking at running 3 ships although double firespray or guri/boba is viable but perhaps an iffy choice with what other factions are bringing to the table.

8 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

I'm ready for something new for scum. I wonder who else out there has not bought into the new separatists or republic and are waiting patiently for new content for scum.

3-5 ship meta seems to be where its at right now. 2-3 aces or 5-4 generics.

for scum that means some combo of boba/Fenn/guri/scum Han/Teroch/kavil in extended. generic scourges and Y-Wings with dorsal turret gunner are pretty decent too. my preferred variant uses Drea/Hired Gun/2x Lok Revenants. its good and tacky but I don't think its top tier. I did see Ketsu/Talonbane/Old Teroch do well which gave me hope scum can still get the job done is ur willing to invest the time developing a squad that's a bit off the radar and still win with it :)

in hyperspace its likely a choice from... boba/Han/fenn/guri/old T/escape craft. Generic star vipers or Zealous recruits are fun but very glass connonny.

in both formats scum is most likely looking at running 3 ships although double firespray or guri/boba is viable but perhaps an iffy choice with what other factions are bringing to the table.

I fall into this category. I've had scum ships for a long time but not flown them, so I'm treating them as my "new" faction. :)

3 minutes ago, IceManHG said:

There has been a quad Starviper list that has been doing very well in my area. I3 Generics with crackshot. So difficult to pin down.

I'm looking forward to watching the final table match vs TIE swarm when I get off work.