Sign in to follow this  
xero989

Seasonal play

Even more emphasis on the 200pt format.  I definitely like to see that!  Much easier to get those games in - although I sort of feel this will be lacking a bit before the narrative elements of the campaign arrive later this year, it is still quite an enjoyable format as list-building decisions are crazy challenging...

22 minutes ago, xanderf said:

Even more emphasis on the 200pt format.  I definitely like to see that!  Much easier to get those games in - although I sort of feel this will be lacking a bit before the narrative elements of the campaign arrive later this year, it is still quite an enjoyable format as list-building decisions are crazy challenging...

I am hoping the custom commanders cost 0 in the campaign because right now the cheepest commanders take up 10% of your list, I found the lists I can make at 200 points uninteresting unless I skimp on the comander at least that is my initial thoughts.

2 minutes ago, xero989 said:

I am hoping the custom commanders cost 0 in the campaign because right now the cheepest commanders take up 10% of your list, I found the lists I can make at 200 points uninteresting unless I skimp on the comander at least that is my initial thoughts.

In FFG's 4-player match rules they specifically prohibit commanders from being equipped, and each player builds a 150-pt list.

I would imagine (only guessing, here), that something similar would apply, here.  For the campaign later this year, sure, probably the custom commander is just 0-pt outright (it's you, after all).  For the seasonal kits at this point level, though, my guess would be...commanders are simply optional.  You can take one if you want, but you don't have to and can build the full 200-pt list if you don't take one.

Posted (edited)

Since I don't have a LGS that supports the game, this is kinda neutral. The only time I gain alts are when I go to tournaments.

Not upset with it at all. Do like the push to half size fleets for faster play. 

Edited by Stasy