FisherSpassky

Anakin and Obi-Wan: bad idea or the worst idea?

I have been playing the following lately: 

Anakin Skywalker (60)   

Brilliant Evasion (6)   

R2 Astromech (4)   

Delta-7B (18)   

Stealth Device (8)   

Ship total: 96  Half Points: 48  Threshold: 3   

Obi-Wan Kenobi (53)   

Brilliant Evasion (6)   

R2 Astromech (4)   

Delta-7B (17)   

Stealth Device (8)   

Ship total: 88  Half Points: 44  Threshold: 3   

Total: 184   

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic Republic&d=v6!s=200!273:199,2,201,166:;278:199,2,201,166:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

1st game: vassal loss vs Ashoka + 3 Arcs

2nd game: IRL loss vs Vader + Jonus + Countdown + Gydeon

3rd game: IRL, Win, vs Vader + Jonus (same as above) list.

I had never played 2 Aces list.

My first game on Vassal, on point after a typical 1:15 hour game, it could have been around 132 to 100 

Second game, with a former Regional champion, on time, after a 1:15 hour game, it could have been a win for me.  His Vader flew from first engagement round to last round on 1 hull left...

Third game:  Again the same player.  Win 200-0 after not even 30 minutes.  

This list is crazy fun.  And I am getting better and better at how to place obstacles, deploy, bait.   I'll keep playing it and it might be my list for the next HS in our area.

image.png

14 minutes ago, Comte Oseric said:

I have been playing the following lately: 

Anakin Skywalker (60)   

Brilliant Evasion (6)   

R2 Astromech (4)   

Delta-7B (18)   

Stealth Device (8)   

Ship total: 96  Half Points: 48  Threshold: 3   

Obi-Wan Kenobi (53)   

Brilliant Evasion (6)   

R2 Astromech (4)   

Delta-7B (17)   

Stealth Device (8)   

Ship total: 88  Half Points: 44  Threshold: 3   

Total: 184   

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic Republic&d=v6!s=200!273:199,2,201,166:;278:199,2,201,166:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

1st game: vassal loss vs Ashoka + 3 Arcs

2nd game: IRL loss vs Vader + Jonus + Countdown + Gydeon

3rd game: IRL, Win, vs Vader + Jonus (same as above) list.

I had never played 2 Aces list.

My first game on Vassal, on point after a typical 1:15 hour game, it could have been around 132 to 100 

Second game, with a former Regional champion, on time, after a 1:15 hour game, it could have been a win for me.  His Vader flew from first engagement round to last round on 1 hull left...

Third game:  Again the same player.  Win 200-0 after not even 30 minutes.  

This list is crazy fun.  And I am getting better and better at how to place obstacles, deploy, bait.   I'll keep playing it and it might be my list for the next HS in our area.

image.png

Consider Sense on Obi. Makes sense.

Was the Stealth Device worth it?

I have been looking to run two jedis just not sure if it has any legs. 

Was looking at a set up list this:

Anakin Skywalker
(6) Brilliant Evasion
(4) R2 Astromech
(8) Shield Upgrade
(18) Delta-7B

Obi-Wan Kenobi
(17) Delta-7B
(4) R2 Astromech
(6) Brilliant Evasion
(8) Shield Upgrade

Total points: 184

Gives you a fat bid plus the chance to regen to stay in the fight longer??

Any good?

1 hour ago, Ryuneke said:

Consider Sense on Obi. Makes sense.

Was the Stealth Device worth it?

Sense could be of interest.  I'll look into it.  

SDevice:  well.  I feel that it save me 1-2 rounds of damage.  Would Shield Upgrade a better choice?  Maybe.  But with the xtra dice + Brilliant Evasion, these guys are tough to scratch paint off them.  

CLT + supernatural feels like  a very dangerous combination... for both players strangely enough.

On the one hand, with a high init pilot you're going to not too difficult of a time lining up that bullseye which means you're getting a great level of firepower out of your ship.

On the downside.... you're going to be burning force tokens like there's no tomorrow. it's likely enough that after each pass you're going to have to break off to regen your force... try to hang around in there & you won't have enough force to do supernatural & feed your dice mods.

Also if you do get caught (or worse, blocked) you're probably finished.

High risk, high reward. & probably not a list I would fly (but to each their own). Now take one ace & back them up with a miniswarm; I'd probably be on board with that.

Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2019 at 8:49 AM, admat said:

I'll try this eventually:

- Anakin (Brilliant Evasion, R2 Astromech, Delta-7B, Shield Upgrade)
- Obi-Wan (Brilliant Evasion, R2 Astromech, Delta-7B, Shield Upgrade)
184 points

I'll also want to experiment with Supernatural Reflexes (which is most probably better on Anakin at least), but this can be very tanky/nightmarish to face... if there's no time limit that is, so a fun game - not a tournament.

Try Stealth Device in place of Shield Upgrade if running Brilliant Evasion, I think (Ups BE probability from 6.25% to 15.6% without obstruction/range 3 until SD is popped). 

//

Edit: I'm also wondering what running Anakin with Stupidnatural Reflexes, then downgrading Obi to Mace or Ahsoka with Sense (to provide intel for both) might be like. With a high bid Anakin has perfect information anyway, so is Sense (plus maybe Afterburners) what the other ship needs to survive without I6?

Edited by Hawkstrike

I've been thinking of a partly sense-based version of an Obi/Ani list:

• Obi-Wan (Supernatural Reflexes, R2 Astromech, Delta 7B, Synchronized Console) 100
  • Anakin (Sense, R2 Astromech, Delta 7B, Synchronized Console) 90
    • Total 190, bid 10

SynCon is from playing around with a different Anakin/2xARC list, and it felt pretty good for the price.  In a 2-ship list, it only costs 4 points to outfit them both with it, 8 points fewer than double Afterburners, 12 points fewer than double Shield Upgrade.

Sense on Ani, SNR on Obi is for two reasons.  One is cost efficiency: 30 points for the two upgrades, instead of 38.  Bid is good in a list like this. Second reason is that I have this feeling that Anakin can probably move around well enough on his own, but Obi-Wan could use a few more tricks.

On 4/30/2019 at 6:47 AM, theBitterFig said:

I've been thinking of a partly sense-based version of an Obi/Ani list:

• Obi-Wan (Supernatural Reflexes, R2 Astromech, Delta 7B, Synchronized Console) 100
  • Anakin (Sense, R2 Astromech, Delta 7B, Synchronized Console) 90
    • Total 190, bid 10

SynCon is from playing around with a different Anakin/2xARC list, and it felt pretty good for the price.  In a 2-ship list, it only costs 4 points to outfit them both with it, 8 points fewer than double Afterburners, 12 points fewer than double Shield Upgrade.

Sense on Ani, SNR on Obi is for two reasons.  One is cost efficiency: 30 points for the two upgrades, instead of 38.  Bid is good in a list like this. Second reason is that I have this feeling that Anakin can probably move around well enough on his own, but Obi-Wan could use a few more tricks.

I get syncon on Obi/Ani, but What was your strategy with Sync Console on Anakin/2 ARCs?

8 hours ago, pakirby said:

I get syncon on Obi/Ani, but What was your strategy with Sync Console on Anakin/2 ARCs?

It started as I just wanted to see how it worked.  I had a Anakin/Jag/Sinker build, and before playing I decided to switch from Afterburners on Ani to 3x SynCon.

Doing something of a pincer on the approach, Anakin will frequently be able to grab a lock, while also being in Sinker's side arc.  There's a decent chance he only needs the Sinker reroll to fix one result, then maybe have his lock to pass off to Sinker.  If folks attack Sinker first (maybe also Anakin, depending on position), Jag's ability gets him a lock.  But he'll also have a reroll from Sinker, so can also frequently pass off the lock.

It's kind of nifty, Synchronized Console.  You get an action which can be a lock you need to fix your blanks, or you can coordinate a friend at R3 to grab a lock--after you see your dice roll.  For 6 points for the entire list.  I just think it's kind of good, and doesn't really need an intricate strategy.  Shifting actions from ships which don't need them to ships which do is frequently pretty nice.

18 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

It started as I just wanted to see how it worked.  I had a Anakin/Jag/Sinker build, and before playing I decided to switch from Afterburners on Ani to 3x SynCon.

Doing something of a pincer on the approach, Anakin will frequently be able to grab a lock, while also being in Sinker's side arc.  There's a decent chance he only needs the Sinker reroll to fix one result, then maybe have his lock to pass off to Sinker.  If folks attack Sinker first (maybe also Anakin, depending on position), Jag's ability gets him a lock.  But he'll also have a reroll from Sinker, so can also frequently pass off the lock.

It's kind of nifty, Synchronized Console.  You get an action which can be a lock you need to fix your blanks, or you can coordinate a friend at R3 to grab a lock--after you see your dice roll.  For 6 points for the entire list.  I just think it's kind of good, and doesn't really need an intricate strategy.  Shifting actions from ships which don't need them to ships which do is frequently pretty nice.

Nice.  I fly Obi & Wolffe with SynCon and it works OK.  The only thing is that it is difficult to NOT spend your target lock when attacking, if you do you won’t have a target lock to spend to give to the other ship.  I Think it is priced appropriately for the amount of times it procs in a game.

And somehow Anakin/Obi-Wan made it to the final this weekend at a Hyperspace Trial...

Wish I'd seen more games than just the final, would have been interesting to see how it was flown!

Anakin Skywalker (60)    
    R2 Astromech (4)    
    Delta-7B (18)    
    Shield Upgrade (8)    

Ship total: 90  Half Points: 45  Threshold: 4    

Obi-Wan Kenobi (53)    
    Supernatural Reflexes (24)    
    R2 Astromech (4)    
    Delta-7B (17)    

Ship total: 98  Half Points: 49  Threshold: 3    

Total: 188    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic Republic&d=v6!h=200!273:,2,201,165:;278:74,2,201,:&sn=Obi %26 Ani&obs=

Got tabled by this over the weekend. Managed to take one shield off Obi. The maneuverability is out of this world, with essentially stress-free Push The Limit and the ability to run and regen shields and force easily. It's the deepest bid that I've seen with reasonable upgrades.

On 5/6/2019 at 4:43 PM, Redd9 said:

Anakin Skywalker (60)    
    R2 Astromech (4)    
    Delta-7B (18)    
    Shield Upgrade (8)    

Ship total: 90  Half Points: 45  Threshold: 4    

Obi-Wan Kenobi (53)    
    Supernatural Reflexes (24)    
    R2 Astromech (4)    
    Delta-7B (17)    

Ship total: 98  Half Points: 49  Threshold: 3    

Total: 188    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic Republic&d=v6!h=200!273:,2,201,165:;278:74,2,201,:&sn=Obi %26 Ani&obs=

Got tabled by this over the weekend. Managed to take one shield off Obi. The maneuverability is out of this world, with essentially stress-free Push The Limit and the ability to run and regen shields and force easily. It's the deepest bid that I've seen with reasonable upgrades.

I flew it for the first time at a 13-player event yesterday. It's good, but unforgiving if you mess it up!

You can read about it here, if you're interested!

Just had a probably really bad idea about this kind of list.

• Anakin (Supernatural Reflexes, R2 Astromech, Shield Upgrade, Delta 7B) 122
  • Plo Koon (R2 Astromech) 55

PLO KOON!!!  And without a configuration!  That couldn't be good, could it?

The purpose would be that Plo essentially uses his ability like a coordinate, send a focus over to Anakin (in effect, it'll be like a purple coordinate, almost), or an Evade if things looked really bad for him.  Plo's the support ship.  He's also cheaper than a Palpatine 104th, Init 5, fairly nimble and able to keep up with Anakin, and he could remove disarms from R2 Astromech.  If Anakin can kill 55 points worth of stuff without giving up half points, then that's a win.  55 isn't too much.  A ship and a half against a lot of lists.

Maybe it's worth investing the 8 points for CLT on Plo.  Killing 63 points of stuff isn't that much harder than 55, probably.  The extra focus result could help sometimes, and high init with a massive bid is probably the best way to have CLT.  More realistically, it's probably better to just not fly Plo.