Sign in to follow this  
Darrett

Building a City: Carroburg

I'm starting a series of adventures centered around the city of Carroburg. So far, the only sources I've found to draw upon are unofficial, other than a few mentions in some old army books.

If anybody happens to have any source material that would be of assistance, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll just be starting to forge ahead and lay the city out brick by brick and post the results once I get each stage completed.

Carroburg (pop 12,000, Duke Leopold von Bildhofen, Trade, glass & Pottery)

Once the seat of the Teutogen kings and later the Imperial Capital under the Drakwald Emperors, Carroburg is the chief town of western Middenland. Built on the steep slopes that rise from the Reik`s east bank, Carroburg is a maze of twisting streets and stairs. Since water and waste travel downhill, the more well-off the residents of a neighbourhood are, the higher up the hill they will be. This makes the businesses of the shoe and boot cleaners in the docks district very brisk, indeed. At the top of the city sit two grand palaces. The larger is the residence...

extract from Sigmar`s Heir a Guide to The Empire.

I found only a half a page from the same book as mentioned above. But if you like I could send you the rest.

Good gaming.

I wouldn't worry too much about the distinction between 'official' and 'unofficial'. Neither is ever an indicator of quality, as much unofficial material is better researched, written and more creative than the official stuff. 

If you haven't done so already, check out issue 26 of Warpstone magazine - the 'unofficial' magazine for WFRP that has been supporting the game longer than the last three 'official' publishers put together: http://www.warpstone.org/issues_pages/issue26.htm

It contains an in-depth article and map of Carroburg - sounds like exactly the sort of thing you are looking for.

Toby Pilling said:

I wouldn't worry too much about the distinction between 'official' and 'unofficial'. Neither is ever an indicator of quality, as much unofficial material is better researched, written and more creative than the official stuff. 

If you haven't done so already, check out issue 26 of Warpstone magazine - the 'unofficial' magazine for WFRP that has been supporting the game longer than the last three 'official' publishers put together: http://www.warpstone.org/issues_pages/issue26.htm

It contains an in-depth article and map of Carroburg - sounds like exactly the sort of thing you are looking for.

The concern isn't so much with unofficial or official, mostly it came down to if I had to create a lot of the city myself, I didn't want anything created to be out of line with official sources. I'll happily plug unofficial material (With modifications to make things make sense) into the campaign.

Thanks for the links, I'll check it out and see what I need to do to make it work with the campaign.