AdmiralOldOwlz

Rebellion in the RIM, Cards, rules & pics

Edited to new info.

My guess at the card with the ties : 

Starting name with a *M* last word  for *Deck*

Seems like an image from Rogue One movie where ties was launch from the station.

Maybe replacement for dead tie when they die near a ship?

16 hours ago, Triangular said:

The upgrade card at the edge of the spread shows TIEs leaving a hangar and I think that the title reads "Additional Hangar Bay" or something similar.
Card text seems to begin with: "While a friendly squadron with ?[Swarm]? at distance 1-3 is defending ..."? 🧐

Swarm is only a guess because that's the only TIE Fighter keyword. 

Something with "

Hangar Bay"

5 hours ago, Triangular said:

Something with "

Hangar Bay"

I was thinking Hangar Bay at first, but it does look very much like "Deck", it looks like there's 4 letters in there.

As for the keyword, I think we should not assume the picture has anything to do with the effect of the card. Just look at Heavy Ion Emplacements. We all thought it had to do with anti-air when we got the first blurry preview and it turned out to be quite the opposite.

I think the keyword is Rogue rather than Swarm. The card isn't exclusive to the Empire (no Imperial Icon on the bottom right) and Rebels can hardly make use of a "Swarm" upgrade", unless it's for defence. We also know the expansion squadrons focus on Rogues and Villains, meaning more Rogues, so it would stand to reason if that upgrade synergized with the rest of the pack.

My best guess so far is:

"When a non-unique squadron with Rogue at distance 1-5 ........ If you do, ... squadron ... value to "3" ... place that squadron ... distance 1 ...."

23 hours ago, Nostromoid said:

@AdmiralOldOwlz I think you can assume that the eight new squadron cards to be revealed are one new unique squadron for each fighter type in R&V. So...

• YT-1300: Lando Calrissian (Millennium Falcon)
  • YT-2400: ?
  • HWK-290: ?
  • Scurrg: ?
  • Firespray: ?
  • JumpMaster: ?
  • YV-666: ?
  • Aggressor: IG-88B (IG-2000B)

So, let's follow that logic out. CC gave us 16 new unique squadrons. Assuming the VSD title isn't alone, we may be getting 8 (or so) new titles. 

The most likely candidates are, I'm guessing:

1- The first 9 ships released, but as the ISD has more titles than anything, it would be the odd ship out. That brings us to 8, 3 Imperial, 5 Rebel, and gives the Rebel only players a nod after the SSD.

2- The 8 ships with the fewest titles. Not likely, as we get a VSD title, and there are more then 8 ships with 2 or less.

3- The ships that see the least play time, or are considered under powered. VSD, Neb B, Interdictor, Pelta...

4- A combination of all of the above. So I can hold out hope for an MC80 Home One title with the Fleet Command upgrade.

23 hours ago, Nostromoid said:

@AdmiralOldOwlz I think you can assume that the eight new squadron cards to be revealed are one new unique squadron for each fighter type in R&V. So...

• YT-1300: Lando Calrissian (Millennium Falcon)
  • YT-2400: ?
  • HWK-290: ?
  • Scurrg: ?
  • Firespray: ?
  • JumpMaster: ?
  • YV-666: ?
  • Aggressor: IG-88B (IG-2000B)

Who would be the new hero units for the YT2400, jumpmaster etc etc? Unless they do further variants on existing heroes perhaps.

Im hoping for a new Vader squadron. He really needs a more thematic unit. 

3 minutes ago, ISD Avenger said:

Who would be the new hero units for the YT2400, jumpmaster etc etc? Unless they do further variants on existing heroes perhaps.

Im hoping for a new Vader squadron. He really needs a more thematic unit. 

YT-2400 could be "Iron Squadron," since the show Rebels conveniently used the ship as the centerpiece of an episode. I think I'd rather have it be called that, since using the name and likeness of Sato's li'l Zac Efron nephew would be awkward in a dogfight against Maarek friggin Stele.

For the other ships, it might make sense to look at the various pilots who fly those ships in X-Wing: YT-2400, HWK-290, Scurrg, Firespray, JumpMaster, YV-666.

2 hours ago, Chrpica said:

I hope the fighters from Rebel and Imperial Squadrons II get another ace + half ace (like Gold Squadron). I'd like to see them more. 

another ace for the E-Wing and the Imp Snipe (plus the rest of the squads in that pack would be nice) 

Imps for sure are lacking in the snipe category 

1 hour ago, Nostromoid said:

YT-2400 could be "Iron Squadron," since the show Rebels conveniently used the ship as the centerpiece of an episode. I think I'd rather have it be called that, since using the name and likeness of Sato's li'l Zac Efron nephew would be awkward in a dogfight against Maarek friggin Stele.

For the other ships, it might make sense to look at the various pilots who fly those ships in X-Wing: YT-2400, HWK-290, Scurrg, Firespray, JumpMaster, YV-666.

Good shout there! Was think Kyle Katarn in the Moldy Crow anyone?

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Moldy_Crow

5 hours ago, NewGandhi said:

I wonder, if the upgrade cards are all unique. I wouldn't like to buy more that one campaign, just because there are non-unique upgrades exclusively in that box.

There is at least one shown not to be (the one we’re trying to figure out the name of.)

On 3/31/2019 at 7:17 PM, Nostromoid said:

Yeah Iron squadron came to my mind as well. Ship would then be Sato's Hammer iirc. And I also believe we will see pilots already established in x-wing. So for the Firespray I'd say Kath Scarlet ist the most probable. And for the HWK my bet is on Kyle, although he doesn't get much love from Disney

3 hours ago, R4Pi3R said:

Yeah Iron squadron came to my mind as well. Ship would then be Sato's Hammer iirc. And I also believe we will see pilots already established in x-wing. So for the Firespray I'd say Kath Scarlet ist the most probable. And for the HWK my bet is on Kyle, although he doesn't get much love from Disney

I'd be excited to see Kyle... Jan Ors is lonely. BUT, FFG is gonna have to make a ruling. Can Han and Lando exist in the same fleet? Can Kyle and Jan? What if they put out someone like Kanan (or, according to X-Wing, Chopper) in the Ghost as an alternate to Hera? Or Leebo flying the Outrider?

2 hours ago, Nostromoid said:

I'd be excited to see Kyle... Jan Ors is lonely. BUT, FFG is gonna have to make a ruling. Can Han and Lando exist in the same fleet? Can Kyle and Jan? What if they put out someone like Kanan (or, according to X-Wing, Chopper) in the Ghost as an alternate to Hera? Or Leebo flying the Outrider?

It wouldn't be difficult to rule that the ship name is all part of the uniqueness of the card.

Just because the dot is next to the name "Han Solo" doesn't mean it can't extend to the title "Millennium Falcon".