AdmiralOldOwlz

Rebellion in the RIM, Cards, rules & pics

Posted (edited)

Like that great post

Let's try to sort out everything that have been announced and was is readable/guessing for the rest.

First, great artwork from the cover.

Two, great artwork for the map. Awesome details, a lot of attention to it. The CC map was a bit black with white distant star pretty blank.

swm31_spread.png

Titles:

Victory unreadable one.

Objectives (12 new standards and 11 new campaigns objectives)

Hired Scum, Setup : The second player places all obstacles, excluding the station. Then the second player chooses 3 obstacles and places 1 objective token on each. Before deploying fleet, the second player chooses up to 40 fleet points of non-unique, irregular squadrons and adds them to their fleet for this game. There squadrons are SCUM, and are set aside.
SPECIAL RULE : At the start of any round after the first round, the second player can deploy up to 2 of the SCUM squadrons at distance 1 of an obstacles with an objective token. Then remove that objective token, "if able".
While a SCUM squadron is defending, the attacker may reroll 1 die for each friendly ship or squadrons at distance of the defender.

Marked For FestructionSetup : Place obstacles as normal, adding the 2 dust fields ans excluding the station and asteroid fields. Then the second player places the 2 PURGIL in the setup are. Each PURGIL must be placed beyond distance 1 of all obstacles and beyond 5 of both player's edges.
SPECIAL RULE : Each ship has the following critical effect : latest?cb=20150418214111 : If this attack is at close-medium range, remove all objective token from enemy ships. Then assign a objective token to the defender.
After a player moves a PURGIL, if that purgil is at distance 1 of a ship with an objective token, that player may choose and discard 1 objective token. Then that ship suffer  facedown damage and the opposing fleet's owner gain 1 victory token.

Doomed StationSetup : The second player places the gravity rift in the center of the setup area. Then, starting with the first player, the players alternate placing the remaining obstacles, excluding the station in the setup area beyond distance 1 of all obstacles and beyond distance 5 of both player's edges.
END OF ROUND : Starting with the second player and alterning, each player chooses 1 obstacles that does not havean objective on it and moves it to within distance 1-2 of its current location toward the gravity rift (Wich cannot be chosen). Then that player places an objective token on that obstacle. When an obstacle touch the gravity rift, that obstacle os removed from the play area.
Afterall obstacles are moved, each player sums the command values of their ships at distace 1 of the station. The player with the highest total gains 1 victory token. Then remove all objectives tokens from the play area.

Infested Fields, Setup : Places obstacles as normal, excluding the station. After placing obstacles, place 1 objective token on each obstacles. Then the second player places 2 exogorth obstacles, each touching a different obstacle.
SPECIAL RULE : When a ship or squadron overlap an obstacle, that ship or squadron's owner may remove the objective token on the obstacle to gaun 1 victory token.
After the start of each squadrons phase (After exogorth perform attacks), remove each exogorth from the play area. Then the second player move the obstacle each exogorth was touching to within distance 1-2 of its current location.
END OF ROUND : For each exogorth obstacle not in the play area, the second player chooses an obstacle and place 1 exogorth touching that obstacle.

Asteroid Tactics, Setup : the second player places all obstacles, excluding the station.
SPECIAL RULE : When one of the first player's ship or unique squadrons overlaps an asteroid field, it may recover 1 of it's non latest?cb=20150919174330 defense token. That token must be exhausted.
When one of the second player's ship or non-unique squadrons *...* that obstacle *...* squadron m*...* tokens or m*...*
After the st*...* exogorths *...* exogorth c*...*
END OF ROUND : *...* 2 exogorth*... obstacles.

Fleet in Being, Setup : After deploying fleet, the first player [assigns] each of their ships 1 objective [token]. Then the second player assigns each [of their] ships a number of objective tokens [equal] to that command value.
SPECIAL RULE : When a ship with an [objective] token is declared as the target of [an attack] it may discard 1 objective token to [refresh 1] of its exhausted defense tokens. 

END OF GAME : Each player gains 1 victory [token for each] enemy ship in the area [that does not have an objective token.   TOKEN VALUE 15PTS (Thanks to Jabbawookie for the text)

Volatile Deposits,  Setup : Place obstacles as normal, adding [the 2 dust] fields and excluding the station.

SPECIAL RULE : While a ship is attacking a [ship, the] attacker can choose 1 obstacle at [distance] 1 of the defender, then resolve the [following] critical effect : *CRIT ICON* Each ship or squadron at distance [? of the chosen obstacle suffers damage [equal to] half the total number of crit icons [in the] attack pool, rounded up. [If the defender] is one of the first player's [ships, the] attacker can resolve this effect [with any] crit icon.

END OF ROUND : For each asteroid field, each [players sums] the command value of their [ships at distance] 1. Then for each asteroid [field the player] with the highest total gains [1 victory token]    TOKEN VALUE 15PTS(Thanks to Jabbawookie for the text)

Officiers

Sabine Wren, at the start of the Ship Phase, you may discard this card to place 1 proximity mine token in the play area at distance 1-2 of an obstacle and beyond distance 3 of enemy ships. (4Pts)
Iden Versio, When you resolve the *evade* defense effect, you can cancel 1 die at close range or distance 1. *Squadron command/token* : You may discard this card to choose 1 enemy ship at close range. That ship gains 1 raid token of your choice. (6Pts)

Squadrons (8 unique)
Lando Calrissian Millenium Falcon, Speed 3, Hull 7, Red1/Blue2/Black1 as Anti-Squad, Blue1/Red1 as Anti-Ship. GRIT & ROGUE. (23Pts)

• While attacking, you may discard a defense token to set 1 die to any face. That die cannot be modified again.

While defending, you may spend 1 of your defense token to force the attacker to re-roll 1 or more dice of your choice.

IG-88B IG2000B, Speed 5, Hull 5, Blue2/Black2 as Anti-Squads, Black1 as Anti-Ship. Counter1 & Rogue. (21Pts)

• At the start of the Squadron Phase, you may toggle your activation slider to the activated side. If you do, you may perform an anti-squadron attack against each enemy squadron at distance 1. treat these attacks as obstructed.

YT-2400?

HWK-290?

Scurrg?

Firespray : Gonna guess Jongo Fett?
Jumpmaster?
YV-666?

Upgrades 

• [Additionnal Hangar Bay?] : [While a friendly squadron with ??Swarm?? at distance 1-3 is defending?

New rules/tokens

• PURGIL
  • Exogorth Gravity Rift Raids token.
  • Purple circle with a laser hit?
  • White triangle (Mine from sabine?)
  • Purple marker?
  • Full sized fleets or "escalation-style play".    ///Unequal power?/// 3'X3' play area for some ...?
  • Custom Commander with speciality (Repair Exprt or Independant Raider?) choosed at the start of the campaign. 
  • Earn & Spend experience to devlop thoses ability?    ///Only campaign uses or usable on normal fleet?///
  • Permanent damage?
  • Narrative scenario ... ///As the news objectives?///
  • Planets have cards upgrade symbols and numbers with it. Subs-sector have colors. Impact to be seen!

Add below what you saw, what's to come and ... Guessing!

Edit : PS Congratulation to team Canada for his good work at Worlds. Wish you luck tomorrow. Looking to face you again at Toronto or Quebec City ;0)

Edited by AdmiralOldOwlz
Edited added information from other post below. Added text in BOLD

Posted (edited)

D2w99LmXcAATJ2a.png

This picture has a clear view of volatile deposits and fleet in being

Basically for volatile deposits you can shoot the Astroids and they explode and do damage to everything. And then each asteroid acts like contested outpost for scoring purposes

Edited by clontroper5

The map layout is very interesting. Clearly, the map has been divided into regions with colored highlights, so there might be action taking place in a certain corner of the galaxy and traversing to another region might be harder than traveling within the same region. At least, that would be my hope.

The two small bubble areas look like interesting regions, each containing two planets. There's one in the middle of the photo, and on on the left. I'll assume that the map is oriented the way that people tend to orient maps of the SW galaxy, which would put "galactic North" on the left edge of the paper as it's shown. The little pocket of two planets in "galactic East"... could it be Hutt Space? Specially marked off with some feature that makes battles there work different? I'm excited if that's true. Those two planets are likely Nal Hutta and Nar Shadda, and you can see to their right/"south" what looks like dusty ol' Tatooine and Geonosis with its rings. And the other bubble... could it be the Hapes Cluster? Or Mandalorian Space?

In the "southwest" corner of the map, located bottom-right in the image (and bottom-left if you held the map upright facing you), we already know what there is to see, because FFG tweeted it out. Hoth, Bespin, Dagobah, and Mustafar. That region is labeled with a Roman numeral "V." My guess on the fifth and final planet of this region, bluish-green with a short name, is... Endor!

D2w9wfLWoAA50nc.jpg:large

We can also see some clues about what kinds of game mechanics might play into the campaign.

• That icon next to the "Steal Supplies" objective for Bespin is hard to decipher. I'm guessing it has something to do with the narrative elements of the campaign, like it triggers a special campaign scenario.
  • Each planet indicates... something... about different upgrade slots. Hoth is 10/5 ion cannons, whatever that means. Mustafar is 8/4 fleet commands and 10/5 turbolasers. My best guess is that these numbers are rewards for the winning and losing fleet: 10 and 5 points, or 8 and 4 points. It would be really interesting if particular planets let you build up key aspects of your fleet, like winning at Mustafar buffed up your turbolasers. It's an idea I ran with in the Siege of the Arkanis Sector campaign, last year.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Nostromoid said:

That icon next to the "Steal Supplies" objective for Bespin is hard to decipher. I'm guessing it has something to do with the narrative elements of the campaign, like it triggers a special campaign scenario.

There's a very similar icon on the green CC objectives.

latest?cb=20161014074950&f=1

@AdmiralOldOwlz:

Fleet in Being:

[Setup]: After deploying fleets, the first player [assigns] each of their ships 1 objective [token].  Then the second player assigns each [of their] ships a number of objective tokens [equal] to that ships command value.  [Special] rule:  When a ship with an [objective] token is declared as the target of [an attack], it may discard 1 objective token to [refresh 1] of its exhausted defense tokens.  [End of Round]: if a ship is at distance 1-5 of the 3' edges [of the] play area, or at [distance] 1-3 of a player edge, remove [1 objective] token from that ship.  [End of Game]:  each player gains 1 victory [token for each] enemy ship in the play area [that does not] have an objective token.

Tokens: 15 points.

Ironic that they encourage you to leave your deployment zone and fight.

Volatile Deposits:

[Setup]:  Place obstacles as normal, adding [the 2 dust] fields and excluding the station.  [Special] Rule: While a ship is attacking a [ship, the] attacker can choose 1 obstacle at [distance] 1 of the defender, then resolve the [following] critical effect:  [?] crit:  Each ship or squadron at distance [? of the] chosen obstacle suffers damage [equal to] half the total number of crit icons [in the] attack pool, rounded up.  [If the defender] is one of the first player's [ships, the] attacker can resolve this effect [with any] crit icon.  [End of Round]: For each asteroid field, each [player sums] the command values of their [ships at distance] 1.  Then for each asteroid [field the player] with the highest total gains [1 victory token].

Tokens: 15 points.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

While attempting to figure out the map: I referenced the released Disney "canon" maps and old legends material to come up with the following list of systems.

"Yellow Sector" : Ithor, Mandalore, 2 unknown systems (Grey and Red).
"Purple Sector" : Yavin, Jelucan, Mon Cala, 2 unknown systems (Red and Dark Red).
"Red Sector" : Shantipole, Kessel, 3 unknown systems (Yellow, Green, Beige).
"Green Sector" : Geonosis, Tatooine, Ryloth, 3 unknown systems (Red, Yellow, Green).
"Blue Sector" : Endor, Bespin, Hoth, Dagobah, Mustafar.
Yellow/Blue Border: Ord Mantell
Yellow/Purple Border: Dathomir
Purple/Red Border: Lothal
Red/Green Border: Nar Shaddaa
Green/Blue Border: Ring of Kafrenne

These are my best guesses, I am open to any interpretation of the map.

48 minutes ago, Nostromoid said:

The two small bubble areas look like interesting regions, each containing two planets. There's one in the middle of the photo, and on on the left. I'll assume that the map is oriented the way that people tend to orient maps of the SW galaxy, which would put "galactic North" on the left edge of the paper as it's shown. The little pocket of two planets in "galactic East"... could it be Hutt Space? Specially marked off with some feature that makes battles there work different? I'm excited if that's true. Those two planets are likely Nal Hutta and Nar Shadda, and you can see to their right/"south" what looks like dusty ol' Tatooine and Geonosis with its rings. And the other bubble... could it be the Hapes Cluster? Or Mandalorian Space?

In the "southwest" corner of the map, located bottom-right in the image (and bottom-left if you held the map upright facing you), we already know what there is to see, because FFG tweeted it out. Hoth, Bespin, Dagobah, and Mustafar. That region is labeled with a Roman numeral "V." My guess on the fifth and final planet of this region, bluish-green with a short name, is... Endor!

I think the "bubble areas" are Mandalore and Dathomir (Yellow Bubble), Nar Shaddaa and Kessel (Green Bubble), and Ord Mantell, ??? and Ring of Kafrenne (central bubble).

I'm also inclined to agree that Endor is the last planet in Sector V.

1 hour ago, Fraggle_Rock said:

"Yellow Sector" : Ithor, Mandalore, 2 unknown systems (Grey and Red).

Wow, Ithor you really think so?

I think Rebels having a converted herd ship would be awesome at some point in Armada's future. Can't think of anything more opposite in faction identity than that.

10 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

I assume it represents a campaign objective. It makes sense that they would be different. As the Hired Scum campaign objective's symbol is the same (as far as I can make out) as the symbol next to the objective title at Bespin on the map, I believe that it is there to indicate that that objective is a campaign one.

21 hours ago, Church14 said:

Wow. Doomed station looks fun. 

Me and friend played a game yesterday evening that proxied Doomed Station and some of the other cards.  It was fun.  On one hand, the obstacles move, but the players choose how far within distance 1-2 they move.  The player controlling the station ended up just judging the station toward the gravity risk so that he could continue to gather points from it.  We didn't have an instance where an asteroid moved into a ship's path and the ship landed on it to take damage (the deployments just didn't work out that way).  From a rules perspective, we determined that an obstacle, after being moved, could not overlap another obstacle.

The upgrade card at the edge of the spread shows TIEs leaving a hangar and I think that the title reads "Additional Hangar Bay" or something similar.
Card text seems to begin with: "While a friendly squadron with ?[Swarm]? at distance 1-3 is defending ..."? 🧐

Swarm is only a guess because that's the only TIE Fighter keyword. 

Posted (edited)

Im highly interested in this new VSD title. As this has been discussed several times before, I cant wait for details. Is it a navigation or speed buff? Do we know something about that title yet?

Edited by Jimbo2142

8 minutes ago, Truthiness said:

It absolutely is. It's basically Contested Outpost that gives more control to the second player and also allows the second player to nuke the station in a pinch.

Going to throw in with Truthiness here. Doomed station is an absolute blast, very dynamic and not as campable as Contested.  I need to make a new Interdictor list just to run it.