Jump to content
Cubanboy

Epic and more Happy Friday

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Happy friday!

Star Jewel is too large, with its enourmous fins. They would have to downscale to a ridicolous size.

Also, C- Roc already fills that role! Basically civilian ship with illegal armament, only good enough for escort missions, and maybe a pirate strike on an unsuspecting lightly armed victim. But it would never voluntarily assault military targets.

Scum is also the mercenary faction, so as the 2 card bigger Huge ship it definitely should be something like this bad boy

1 hour ago, Koing907 said:

Koing beat me to it :)

Apart from looking gorgeous, you have a much wider array of possible missions and scenarios.

 

That said, I would very much prefer to not being required buying another Huge ship to convert my Epic Huge ships. If it is the wrong faction (would for me and some others be Resistance or FO, for others it would be Scum, or Prequel faction(s) or even OT faction(s)), then you are smoked. So here is to really hoping that the conversion is a card package or generic campaign box.

Edited by Managarmr
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The Star Jewel is only a tad bigger than the Tantive, which is already in Epic. The fins would stick out a bit, but the ship would sit high enough on the pegs to give them room without hitting the table at least.

I'll admit though, I care because it might be the only candidate for Epic Scum that I'm personally familiar with. One of the reasons I haven't bought any Epic ships is that the Rebel ships are the only ones I actually know, and I've never been particularly fond of their looks. I understand why they invented the Raider instead of using a Star Destroyer, but it made me feel like I would be buying an imitation instead of the real thing, and I have absolutely no familiarity with the Gozanti or C-ROC (I only realized that they even had movie appearances when I just went to go double-check what they were to post this).

Edited by Jokubas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Managarmr said:

That said, I would very much prefer to not being required buying another Huge ship to convert my Epic Huge ships. If it is the wrong faction (would for me and some others be Resistance or FO, for others it would be Scum, or Prequel faction(s) or even OT faction(s)), then you are smoked. So here is to really hoping that the conversion is a card package or generic campaign box.

They said "No need to buy Epic ships again". So I'm guessing they are making conversion kit type products. Either a single one for all the ships, or one per ship. I'm thinking a single one, it might be some useless cardboard for many, but having 5 SKUs, on top of the likely re-release sounds like a bit much for distributors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need to buy Epic ships AGAIN... so I bet when it will come  - One conversion kit for all existing ships and one new ship for one of the 4 remaining factions. I hope it'll be only one new at the start, because my wallet would not stand for more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Shwarrz said:

No need to buy Epic ships AGAIN... so I bet when it will come  - One conversion kit for all existing ships and one new ship for one of the 4 remaining factions. I hope it'll be only one new at the start, because my wallet would not stand for more.

I doubt they'll throw 1 small Huge and 1 big Huge for Resistance, GO, GC and CIS, plus 1 big huge for Scum all at once (9 total). But hopefully, all factions should have some toys asap!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NilsTillander said:

I doubt they'll throw 1 small Huge and 1 big Huge for Resistance, GO, GC and CIS, plus 1 big huge for Scum all at once (9 total). But hopefully, all factions should have some toys asap!

Don't get me wrong - I want all of them, bot One by One... Collecting all factions hurts sometimes :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Friday CB.  EPIC!!!  
I'm pretty hyped to play Epic again, and even more hyped its going to have some objectives!  I've been playing an Armada campaign waiting for HOTAC 2.0 (which I hope is coming).  Also, I want to see a hammerhead corvette model.  

I suspect there will be a kit to convert all 5 of the current models.  Might have to buy 2 of those lol

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want them to adapt the armada movement mechanics to epic, because the 1.0 cardboard tool sucked. And I want the conversion kit to come with a campaign/missions booklet.

Ship wise I am sure we will only be getting prequel stuff initially, as that is their big push.  I would like to see Houndstooth as a epic ship since that is a more accurate size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jokubas said:

The Star Jewel is only a tad bigger than the Tantive, which is already in Epic. The fins would stick out a bit, but the ship would sit high enough on the pegs to give them room without hitting the table at least.

I'll admit though, I care because it might be the only candidate for Epic Scum that I'm personally familiar with. One of the reasons I haven't bought any Epic ships is that the Rebel ships are the only ones I actually know, and I've never been particularly fond of their looks. I understand why they invented the Raider instead of using a Star Destroyer, but it made me feel like I would be buying an imitation instead of the real thing, and I have absolutely no familiarity with the Gozanti or C-ROC (I only realized that they even had movie appearances when I just went to go double-check what they were to post this).

The Gozanti and C-Roc were _way_ more prevalent in Rebels than in the movies, so it's not surprising that you wouldn't have strong memories of them if you haven't watched that show. 

Wookipedia tells me that the C-Roc also shows up in the Solo movie- which I've seen but I don't remember seeing the C-Roc there. :) Guess it's time for a rewatch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PanchoX1 said:

Id like to see those imperial cruisers from Rebels. And a Hammerhead of course!

I do _love_ the look of the Arquitens cruiser! But it's roughly 3 times the size of the biggest Epic Ships, which makes it (sadly) far too big for X-Wing. Even if they scale it down, it will still be _massive_ by comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Star Jewel would be cool, I'm partial to the Marauder corvette. I think a Republic and Separatists ship are a given. A epic ship that could cloak would be nuts, and the republic definately had one in the Clone Wars, but it looked kinda dumb so never mind. 

For Scum, Empire at war has some cool options, but with how much that faction has from Galaxies, I'd like to see the AEG-77 Vigo (although no dimensions are given for that ship). Or they just give us Hondo's flying saucer and a new mounting method to make it easier to remove from the base cause we'll have to do that a lot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Seraphimtoaster375 said:

Hondo's flying saucer

🤨 This?

latest?cb=20090103152618latest?cb=20121201154056

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Flarestar-class_attack_shuttle/Legends

 

They're a fair bit smaller than ya think. You could park one centered on top of the Falcon's top turret, look straight down and there would still be part of the Falcon's central saucer hanging over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

🤨 This?

latest?cb=20090103152618latest?cb=20121201154056

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Flarestar-class_attack_shuttle/Legends

 

They're a fair bit smaller than ya think. You could park one centered on top of the Falcon's top turret, look straight down and there would still be part of the Falcon's central saucer hanging over.

Nah man, this:

500?cb=20121112102516

Image result for hondos ship

The Corona-class armed frigate.

It's listed at almost 400 meters, but is usualy the only ship in shot, so there is no proof of that size so they can fudge it.

 

though, id like to see the flarestar

 

Edited by Seraphimtoaster375

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Managarmr said:

Happy friday!

Star Jewel is too large, with its enourmous fins. They would have to downscale to a ridicolous size.

Also, C- Roc already fills that role! Basically civilian ship with illegal armament, only good enough for escort missions, and maybe a pirate strike on an unsuspecting lightly armed victim. But it would never voluntarily assault military targets.

Scum is also the mercenary faction, so as the 2 card bigger Huge ship it definitely should be something like this bad boy

Koing beat me to it :)

Apart from looking gorgeous, you have a much wider array of possible missions and scenarios.

 

That said, I would very much prefer to not being required buying another Huge ship to convert my Epic Huge ships. If it is the wrong faction (would for me and some others be Resistance or FO, for others it would be Scum, or Prequel faction(s) or even OT faction(s)), then you are smoked. So here is to really hoping that the conversion is a card package or generic campaign box.

Kinda like this? :D

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Seraphimtoaster375 said:

Nah man, this:

500?cb=20121112102516

Image result for hondos ship

The Corona-class armed frigate.

It's listed at almost 400 meters, but is usualy the only ship in shot, so there is no proof of that size so they can fudge it.

 

DIY:

 

GbF4shX.jpg

http://www.hobbylinc.com/pegasus-area-51-ufo-a-e--341-15b-science-fiction-plastic-model-kit-1:72-scale-9100?source=froogle&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhbjumqao4QIVCB6tBh1uHgVBEAQYBCABEgKPl_D_BwE

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Friday!

The Wild Karrde has my vote. Some good characters in there that I would love to see in the game. 

That said, it would probably be better for Scum to get a more combat ready epic ship, thus the Crusader-Class corvette is another contender. Bonus for its Mandalorian origins.

Also a shout out to the Hammerhead corvette. Got a seriously good scene in Rogue One and some Kotor nostalgia to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/28/2019 at 10:14 PM, Darth Meanie said:

Hammerhead Corvette

Corvus resculpt

Corellian Gunship

There are indeed several possible Epic Rebel ships: Hammerhead Corvette, Modified Raider (Rebel Corvus), the obscure DP20 Frigate (Corellian Gunship), and the even more obscure Braha'tok-class gunship (Dornean Gunship). EDIT: actually, the Dornean Gunship could be Scum instead.

For Scum, I would love to see the Action IV, which is canon now.

For Republic, the Consular-class cruiser.

Edited by Odanan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...