Tealadin

Clone Wars Unit Request & Speculation

8 hours ago, Paladin Ignatius said:

Perimeter Alert!  Wave I of Star Wars Legion: The Clone Wars is at the printers!

image.jpeg.3d44048fa507139c6d7151af61a5f28a.jpegimage.jpeg.e844a8d975e989dcf9297a8613924954.jpeg

The Clone Wars have begun.

How long does it usually take from printers to store?

9 hours ago, Jabby said:

How long does it usually take from printers to store?

It's hard to say.  Usually it takes about three months for it to get from the printer to the store, but that's just an educated guess.

I’m curious; how long between the original core set did they announce the follow on waves?  It’s odd, because I thought it came pretty fast, the stand alone clones and B1’s notwithstanding.

I’m thinking maybe the BARC and Droideka as separate boxes after the core infantry?

16 minutes ago, joewrightgm said:

I’m curious; how long between the original core set did they announce the follow on waves?  It’s odd, because I thought it came pretty fast, the stand alone clones and B1’s notwithstanding.

I’m thinking maybe the BARC and Droideka as separate boxes after the core infantry?

Judging based on the OT releases, we'll probably get the first heavies very quickly too. What they#ll be is another question though. Maybe the AT-AP and ATT? I could also see the HMP or crab droid happening for the seppies.

12 minutes ago, LennoxPoodle said:

Judging based on the OT releases, we'll probably get the first heavies very quickly too. What they#ll be is another question though. Maybe the AT-AP and ATT? I could also see the HMP or crab droid happening for the seppies.

Hoping for the AAT personally.  Still one of the best/most functional Star Wars tank designs I’ve seen.

i think the crab droid will be some kind of heavy infantry unit. The big HMP would be dope too.

i don’t know what walker they could add to the republic outside of the AT-RT; one guy on here did a to scale AT-PT and that thing is bloody huge!

Here’s another for the AAT. That was my absolute fave design from the prequels. If they make it an on Sprue kit, I hope they give the option to put a guy in the turret as a commander, whether a droid of some kind or Whorm Loathsome. He was in an AAT in the movie.

8 hours ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

Wave 1 of Legion was actually supposed to be Leia and Veers with their respective corps options but they were delayed, so they did heavies instead. I'm hoping for CW we get Anakin and Dooku alongside Super Battle Droids and galactic marines right away

I could also see them doing only phantom menace + geonosis/AotC at the start, although Grievous kind of disproves that. So the AAT seems pretty likely. The problem is, that it is pretty large.

Alongside Dooku, B2s - with the B2-HA as one heavy option- seem to be likely, for they were introduced in the same movie.450?cb=20090620042837

Anakins Corps are a tougher question, but Phase 2 seems to be kind of likely. It would be just outside ofy proposed theme. The question is just what would make them different.

52 minutes ago, LennoxPoodle said:

I could also see them doing only phantom menace + geonosis/AotC at the start, although Grievous kind of disproves that. So the AAT seems pretty likely. The problem is, that it is pretty large.

Alongside Dooku, B2s - with the B2-HA as one heavy option- seem to be likely, for they were introduced in the same movie.450?cb=20090620042837

Anakins Corps are a tougher question, but Phase 2 seems to be kind of likely. It would be just outside ofy proposed theme. The question is just what would make them different.

Surges, maybe? Defensive surge at least, and maybe a keyword like precise?

12 hours ago, joewrightgm said:

According to the Legion wiki, the original Corps and support units were announced on their own about a month after the Core set was, and the AT-ST and Airspeeder were announced shortly there after.  The first "non-wave 1" units were announced about two months after that.

https://starwarslegion.fandom.com/wiki/Products

The Clone Wars units have already deviated from that somewhat by announcing the Clones and Droids separately at the same time the Core set was announced.  Still, I'd expect to hear something about the support units by the end of May, possibly with the first CW heavy unit options

As for the SBDs, I'd give them Armor 1 and red defense dice.  Not sure about precise, since they don't seem particularly "precise" in the films, just beefy.  Maybe something that causes them to be immune to suppression?  Do we ever see one take cover? 

1 minute ago, Alpha17 said:

As for the SBDs, I'd give them Armor 1 and red defense dice.  Not sure about precise, since they don't seem particularly "precise" in the films, just beefy.  Maybe something that causes them to be immune to suppression?  Do we ever see one take cover? 

Imho all Droids should be immune to the downsides and benefits of supression (not panick!!!) though. But yeah seems to be a cool idea.

14 minutes ago, LennoxPoodle said:

Imho all Droids should be immune to the downsides and benefits of supression (not panick!!!) though. But yeah seems to be a cool idea.

We see B1s take cover, and even run away in panic quite frequently, in both the films and the show, so it makes sense to give them a courage value.  I don't recall the same about the B2s, however.  

2 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

We see B1s take cover, and even run away in panic quite frequently, in both the films and the show, so it makes sense to give them a courage value.  I don't recall the same about the B2s, however.  

Can't remember if it was in Episode II or III, or in the Clone Wars series, but I specifically remember a B2 like punching a damaged B1 out of its way as it relentlessly marched forward firing its weapon lol

1 minute ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

We also don't know what the 'Droid Trooper' type does. It might have sonething to do with suppression. It probably also makes them vulnerable to ion weapons somehow so I expect that it will grant a decent boon.

Or it might not. Many of the Ion weapons are direct weapons, so destroying defeating one or two droids would still be thematically appropriate.

3 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

We see them deliberatly taking cover and run, that is true. But I can't really recall them being supressed. They either do it for tactical reasons or just directly skip to running. 

Also it always seems like a little word from their commander always gets them back into action no matter what. So I guess you could also make them ignore supression tokens when issued an order.

A @manoftomorrow010 wrote, we don't no what the droid trooper keyword does. I would really like if they set them apart in any way. It helps faction identity.

5 minutes ago, LennoxPoodle said:

We see them deliberatly taking cover and run, that is true. But I can't really recall them being supressed. They either do it for tactical reasons or just directly skip to running. 

Taking cover is part of being suppressed though. 

15 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Taking cover is part of being suppressed though. 

Well being supressed is more like a instinctive reaction, whilst taking cover as a tactical choice (without the psychological effect) is something else.

4 hours ago, LennoxPoodle said:

Well being supressed is more like a instinctive reaction, whilst taking cover as a tactical choice (without the psychological effect) is something else.

Yes, but in game having suppression tokens gives a unit light cover.  Being pinned is essentially being under enough fire that prolonged exposure outside whatever cover you've found is likely to lead to death, which is an assessment that can either be made logically or emotionally. Heck, panic can even be a logical conclusion to arrive at if the amount of firepower is enough to make current cover untenable. Droid Troopers having limited self preservation protocols isn't the same as having no self preservation protocols.

All I'm saying is it's possible that Droid Troopers don't have to be "immune" to suppression/panic, there is a case to be made for them to still exhibit the same effects as biologics. Obviously we'll know more when more information is released.

Posted (edited)

I'm just hoping that the 'droid trooper' type has some kind of extra effect either with suppression or being vulnerable to ion somehow.  I think it would be a good way to make exhaust ion weapons appealing.  I don't think they need to be in every list but it would be nice to at least make people think taking one in case they run into CIS and/or vehicles

I think a balanced way to do it would be making droid troopers immune to suppression if they activate with a face up order token (they will follow orders heedless of danger, but if left to their own devices they will fall back on survival protocols) but they lose an action from ion tokens like vehicles do.

Another option is they treat ion tokens like immobilization tokens, reducing their speed by one.

Edited by KommanderKeldoth