Tealadin

Clone Wars Unit Request & Speculation

2 minutes ago, Derrault said:

Having multiple Jedi figures in a personnel pack would be great, although if they just have multiple poses, but only one body I assume it’ll sell more packs. 

I mean they could do that, and I imagine once stuff is on sprues we will see far more extra bits about. But I figure the personnel pack will be a Generic Clone Officer/Commander, a Clone Communications Officer, a Clone Medic, and a repair droid maybe the WED one we see in Clone Wars alot. 

I just figure that considering that the Republic really doesn't have tons of melee options and a good opposite of the Magnaguards that generic Jedi would serve well in that role.

I think generic Jedi would be dope, yeah.

I can’t help but think the best way to get enough named Jedi out might be to have a Jedi Master Operative Pack, where you get, say, Ki-Adi and Aayla and Kit and Plo in one box, and there’s a generic “Jedi Master” operative card that can make use of whichever character model you choose.

I’m not saying it’s ideal in every way, but it would keep that game space from getting too cramped, trying to make every Master unique somehow.

Okay, there are a lot of awesome ideas here.  Let me try to break this down.

1 hour ago, Animewarsdude said:

I think it would be more akin to those characters that show up in Clone Wars like Imma Gun Di, or the two that Savage Oppress takes down. They aren't key figures, they are just members of the order. It also plays well for people who might not want to have an army 'led' by a named character and want to do story stuff, and could be a way for them to do a Diala mini sculpt like they did Gideon. 

I'd imagine we still get all the big hitters and lesser known Jedi over time, this just gives you an option to run more and will allow the generic officer in the inevitable personnel pack to be a generic clone commander. 

1 hour ago, Animewarsdude said:

I mean they could do that, and I imagine once stuff is on sprues we will see far more extra bits about. But I figure the personnel pack will be a Generic Clone Officer/Commander, a Clone Communications Officer, a Clone Medic, and a repair droid maybe the WED one we see in Clone Wars alot. 

I just figure that considering that the Republic really doesn't have tons of melee options and a good opposite of the Magnaguards that generic Jedi would serve well in that role.

I like this line of thinking.  However, I would think that there would be two generic Commander/Officer options:  the generic Jedi and the the clone officer.

12 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

I think generic Jedi would be dope, yeah.

I can’t help but think the best way to get enough named Jedi out might be to have a Jedi Master Operative Pack, where you get, say, Ki-Adi and Aayla and Kit and Plo in one box, and there’s a generic “Jedi Master” operative card that can make use of whichever character model you choose.

I’m not saying it’s ideal in every way, but it would keep that game space from getting too cramped, trying to make every Master unique somehow.

This is what I was thinking, but I think they would also have a Commander option in addition to Operative.  My reasoning in this is that Jedi were the generals of the Republic Army.  Even the padawans.  So, if you have two Jedi on a team, one could be a Commander and the other could be an Operative.  Or you could have two Jedi commanders, etc.

9 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

Jedi should be able to fill every roll, with the possible exception of Heavies.

I want to be able to field an army like on Gionosis, all Jedi, save for the Heavy LAAT That picked them up. 😁

While I like this idea, I think it's unreasonable in terms of gameplay.  Imagine this scenario:  800 points of Jedi (wow) against 800 points of Battle Droids.  Droids get a one way trip to the scrapyards.  Not a fun game for the Separatist player.

I’m curious as to how they’ll do the droid commanders; in the TV show, many of the T-series tactical droids had distinct personalities, but they were the same except for paint jobs.  

So maybe a 2 pack or something of T-series droids with a bunch of command cards and unique model cards, as well some to take a generic attachment?

as a CIS supporter, I’m looking forward to Cad Bane as an operative, Ventris, Dooku, the the super tactical droids.

Just now, joewrightgm said:

I’m curious as to how they’ll do the droid commanders; in the TV show, many of the T-series tactical droids had distinct personalities, but they were the same except for paint jobs.  

So maybe a 2 pack or something of T-series droids with a bunch of command cards and unique model cards, as well some to take a generic attachment?

as a CIS supporter, I’m looking forward to Cad Bane as an operative, Ventris, Dooku, the the super tactical droids.

I imagine the standard Tactical Droids will be the generic commander for the CIS, and the Super Tactical Droid might get Kalani as a named commander.

Tho I like the idea of multiple named cards in the pack and it seems like a good solution for both the Tactical droids and the many Clone Commanders that are also just repaints (more or less).

10 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

Jedi should be able to fill every roll, with the possible exception of Heavies.

I want to be able to field an army like on Gionosis, all Jedi, save for the Heavy LAAT That picked them up. 😁

39 minutes ago, Paladin Ignatius said:

While I like this idea, I think it's unreasonable in terms of gameplay.  Imagine this scenario:  800 points of Jedi (wow) against 800 points of Battle Droids.  Droids get a one way trip to the scrapyards.  Not a fun game for the Separatist player.

Except the Separatists 100% won before the Clones showed up?

48 minutes ago, Paladin Ignatius said:

It's too early to call that kind of game in favor of an army of jedi though without knowing what else the CIS can bring to the table. Even 800 points of naked Battle Droids is 22 units; with that volume of firepower and a range advantage, despite it being bad, there's a real chance the B1 droids would win.

6 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

Except the Separatists 100% won before the Clones showed up?

Ehh, that was way more than 800 points of Battle Droids.  I think that it's closer to 1,000.

image.jpeg.92da9f671872ab7239d4a2b040a5bfd7.jpeg

6 hours ago, thepopemobile100 said:

It's too early to call that kind of game in favor of an army of jedi though without knowing what else the CIS can bring to the table. Even 800 points of naked Battle Droids is 22 units; with that volume of firepower and a range advantage, despite it being bad, there's a real chance the B1 droids would win.

While this is a valid point, I think it's safe to assume that all Jedi characters will have Deflect.  If so, they could potentially just do a Dodge and a Standby action and cut down droids as they activate.  Not to mention that once the Jedi entered into melee combat, other droid units couldn't fire at them.

3 minutes ago, Paladin Ignatius said:

While this is a valid point, I think it's safe to assume that all Jedi characters will have Deflect.  If so, they could potentially just do a Dodge and a Standby action and cut down droids as they activate.  Not to mention that once the Jedi entered into melee combat, other droid units couldn't fire at them

Deflect still requires you to roll a surge on defense to get a damage and while on most corp units taking a wound is pretty bad, it's considerably less bad for B1 droids because of how many there are. No characters in the game have access to deflect and nimble, so that trick will only work against one attack. Standby also only works at range 2, which B1 droids don't need to move forward into in order to take shots at the Jedi in this case. Also, with how many raw droid activations could exist in this scenario, routing is going to be a real problem for the Jedi as they most certainly aren't going to have infinite courage. Even if the Jedi get into melee, they can't engage all of the droids who are most likely going to be at full strength during that. The droid army can simply move around the engagements and run away with the objectives as it'll take a minimum of 2 rounds of attacking for a Jedi unit to kill a droid unit. The Jedi simply can't kill all of the droids in 6 rounds.

35 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Let’s just all accept that the Jedi need the Clones to stand a chance in this war, shall we? :P

Fact!!

I really wanna see the different  lone legions and corp represented some way with their clone commanders and maybe a special rule or unique quality to set each one apart. 

10 hours ago, Paladin Ignatius said:

Except that 800 pt of jedi will be like 6 jedi in total

4 hours ago, CaptainRocket said:

Uh ...

I think 'classic' Jedi are gonna be more expensive than Vader... so maybe try like 4?!

There were plenty of non-council members at Geonosis as well. I’m sure they could make some balanced Jedi cheap enough to fit 6 in a list with nothing else.

2 hours ago, Bohemian73 said:

I can see Padawans as Operatives with command cards somewhat like Chewie, but different abilities with each card, and mostly usable with their master

I like this idea.  How about Master-Padawan Operative units?

2 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I think it is better to have them as more of an entourage type keyword, that way you could take, say Ahsoka, by herself.

I guess i meant "Generic Padawan" with no name. I do like the idea of using Entourage instead of Detachment though. 

34 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I think it is better to have them as more of an entourage type keyword, that way you could take, say Ahsoka, by herself.

Entourage would be better, because it would allow them to to stretch the unit limitations without breaking them.