Crabbok

Armada's Future - Brighter than Ever!

On 3/28/2019 at 10:04 PM, Crabbok said:

Before I start - yes I know I'm an Armada Fanboy - but with that aside - honestly this game has SUCH a bright future ahead of it!

• SSD Pushed back to Q3 which is a bummer, but when it DOES arrive it's going to mean so much... Biggest Miniature in FFG's history! New Ship Category!  Most impressive piece of Plastic ever!
  • Sector Fleet just came out so new formats for now!
  • New Campaign means new Squadrons AND new upgrades for BOTH factions!  Also coming in Q3 which means we actually WON'T leave rebels totally in the dust!
  • Smaller games coming with new campaign means perhaps some more enjoyable FASTER formats!  200 point lists, 3'x3' play areas! More accessible to new players!
  • Confirmation that NEW SHIPS ARE in development!   SHIP(S)!   Plural!  
  • Lots of Armada questions today at Adepticon - EVEN while the majority of Armada players were competing at Worlds!
  • With delays and limited expansion (2 products) this also means more time and better chances to invest on the rebel faction finally!

And of course more pressure for Clone Wars - especially with it's success in X-Wing and the incredible hype for Legion - it's SURE to come to Armada!  With smaller formats too, like the 200 point lists ideas... it might be even more accessible to new players!  

Seriously there is so much to be excited about!   

Stand up and shout!  

At least to me.

On 3/29/2019 at 12:03 PM, Norell said:

Call me insatiable, but I was really looking forward to a new Rebel ship. Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad a new campaign is coming, but I'm concerned that the Rebels won't get any new plastic for two years. I really hope they will surprise us with a Dornean gunship.

I think we need to see an Imp squad nerf first IMHO.

On 3/28/2019 at 2:04 PM, Crabbok said:

Smaller games coming with new campaign means perhaps some more enjoyable FASTER formats!  200 point lists, 3'x3' play areas! More accessible to new players!

This has been my thoughts and contribution for a long time now. 

On 3/28/2019 at 10:04 PM, Crabbok said:

Before I start - yes I know I'm an Armada Fanboy - but with that aside - honestly this game has SUCH a bright future ahead of it!

• SSD Pushed back to Q3 which is a bummer, but when it DOES arrive it's going to mean so much... Biggest Miniature in FFG's history! New Ship Category!  Most impressive piece of Plastic ever!
  • Sector Fleet just came out so new formats for now!
  • New Campaign means new Squadrons AND new upgrades for BOTH factions!  Also coming in Q3 which means we actually WON'T leave rebels totally in the dust!
  • Smaller games coming with new campaign means perhaps some more enjoyable FASTER formats!  200 point lists, 3'x3' play areas! More accessible to new players!
  • Confirmation that NEW SHIPS ARE in development!   SHIP(S)!   Plural!  
  • Lots of Armada questions today at Adepticon - EVEN while the majority of Armada players were competing at Worlds!  

And of course more pressure for Clone Wars - especially with it's success in X-Wing and the incredible hype for Legion - it's SURE to come to Armada!  With smaller formats too, like the 200 point lists ideas... it might be even more accessible to new players!  

Seriously there is so much to be excited about!   

Stand up and shout!  

It's good the game isn't dead.

It's not so great it's taken a year and half (or more) to get any new content. But whatever.

The smaller, quicker format might be good for recruiting new players. Maybe. But it won't be Armada. Not for real. Why not play X-wing if it's fast and furious you're after?

New campaign: looking forward to it.

FFG: for the love of god, why can't you just issue revised points for Armada? Stick it in a pdf or something and call it errata. If you can't manage, I offer to do if for free by Monday! :P

Edit: Although Armada is well and truly dead locally, all my old Armada buddies are buying the SSD! Even if it's going to just sit on a shelf! :D

Edited by Green Knight