Crabbok

Armada's Future - Brighter than Ever!

4 minutes ago, clontroper5 said:

Let me put it like this I'm fine with differing opinions (I. E. I'm a little disappointed that all they announced is a new campaign because x y and z etc.) 

This.... 

With excessive amounts of Uncalled for negativity and sarcasm is just dumb....

Clearly @AllWingsStandyingBy doesn't like this game or something. Or if he does he doesn't act like it.... 

You've got a point. Same thing could be said about all the people mocking those of us who have criticism, though. Plus, many of us dissenters are doing our darndest to be civil, but most of what we say is immediately shouted down. This goes both ways.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, IronNerd said:

*sigh* It's more than one person or one post Broba. It's been a problem for a while. Differing opinions are not tolerated here, and that is depressing to me. Growth comes from civil discourse, not talking down to and/or mocking people who don't agree with you.

15 minutes ago, clontroper5 said:

Let me put it like this I'm fine with differing opinions (I. E. I'm a little disappointed that all they announced is a new campaign because x y and z etc.) 

This.... 

With excessive amounts of Uncalled for negativity and sarcasm is just dumb....

Clearly @AllWingsStandyingBy doesn't like this game or something. Or if he does he doesn't act like it....  

And let's not forget that was a jab at Crabbok, too.  For being happy.

How about this: could the complainers at least give us 2 days of happiness about getting something new?  We didn't even get four hours.  And/or when the complaints come, can they be put in a different thread, so as not to interrupt the people enjoying themselves?  That would be really great.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

Just now, IronNerd said:

You've got a point. Same thing could be said about all the people mocking those of us who have criticism, though. Plus, many of us dissenters are doing our darndest to be civil, but most of what we say is immediately shouted down. This goes both ways.

I apologize if you feel "shouted down" that isn't good of course (and I hope I haven't been a part of it, or if I have I apologize) 

Anyway I am sorry your not as excited about the announcement as me! Hopefully you will be converted with time (it's more fun I promise 😜)

17 minutes ago, IronNerd said:

*sigh* It's more than one person or one post Broba. It's been a problem for a while. Differing opinions are not tolerated here, and that is depressing to me. Growth comes from civil discourse, not talking down to and/or mocking people who don't agree with you.

Reality is we both want the same thing - a more positive discourse - I just feel that some people bring that and others consistently do just the opposite. The reality is that it's been tough on the forums, and that when things get tough the good people simply leave because they don't have the time or effort in them to have pointless discussions with people who don't or won't see reason. Which makes having a positive discourse even more difficult. I wish the internet wasn't that way, but unfortunately that is pretty much it. 

My hope is that now that we FINALLY have something new (cause lets be honest, SSD is now old enough it doesn't feel new even though we've not even got it yet), people will have something to talk about other than what is wrong and their opinions on how to fix it (that 99.5% of the time has already been tried or is unoriginal and is most likely to only make the whole game worse.)

8 minutes ago, IronNerd said:

I mock you because literally all I see you do is complain.

We just got announcement of a campaign, and another wave of ships in progress.  And you're ******** up threads hours later.

There is no pleasing you.

8 minutes ago, duck_bird said:

I mock you because literally all I see you do is complain.

We just got announcement of a campaign, and another wave of ships in progress.  And you're ******** up threads hours later.

There is no pleasing you.

Mocking someone you don’t agree with is still wrong. If you don’t like what he says just scroll on. No one is asking you to respond. 

Some people just aren’t happy about the development progress of armada as it relates to other games. Not everyone likes campaign but want new ships to play with. New upgrades and squads are nice but nothing beats new plastic ships. Honestly a new campaign seems like a cop out by FFG as it’s just cardboard, cards and rules.  It’s like they forgot about us for a year and just remembered we are here. 

56 minutes ago, ripper998 said:

Mocking someone you don’t agree with is still wrong. If you don’t like what he says just scroll on. No one is asking you to respond

Some people just aren’t happy about the development progress of armada as it relates to other games. Not everyone likes campaign but want new ships to play with. New upgrades and squads are nice but nothing beats new plastic ships. Honestly a new campaign seems like a cop out by FFG as it’s just cardboard, cards and rules.  It’s like they forgot about us for a year and just remembered we are here. 

The bold part of you comment above is true for both sides, though, is it not?  I haven't been on the forums much of late, but it seems like multiple parties could do more of the scrolling on.

8 minutes ago, Jedhead said:

The bold part of you comment above is true for both sides, though, is it not?  I haven't been on the forums much of late, but it seems like multiple parties could do more of the scrolling on.

100% agreed

Stinks that the SSD is delayed, but glad we got this announcement. Kinda hope they consider doing one of these a year. Shakes things up as much as a regular expansion and other than effort no reason they can't do it in that time table. 

I barely post here but read a lot. While yes, this is better than nothing it is a far cry from “brighter than ever”. 

After such a long delay the next expansion being cardboard only is disappointing to say the least.

I suspect that this will be the last release for Armada until the SSD. Then the next releases will be a clone wars reboot - something I am personally not interested in but realise others are keen for.

Please do not spoil my excitement for the new toys by cloning admiral nelson. I for one find today's announcements a welcome and thrilling set of additions to an already great game. Huzzah and all that stuff to Crabbock for the right outlook on things. Yay, more toys and more excuses to play spaceships!

I don't understand the people not excited by this. New upgrade cards, new titles, new pilots and most important new objectives! I'm already noticing a shift away from first player or lose and I'm hoping this will move towards a more big picture style of combat instead of the 2-ship deathmatch lol objectives style of play that's been dominant recently. Also excited to try twin(triple?) glad again with Iden and Brunson(Monferrat on the third?).

11 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

Here's how I see it:

Why do we want "Waves" of content?
Because they provide shakeups to play the game.  The standard tournament style game, right?

The Campaign does that.  Provides Real, Expansive, Tangible ways to play the standard game...  In big ways.

For Meta Shakeup, its potentially better than a Wave Itself...  Especially since this Campaign (unlike the CC) also includes REGULAR UPGRADES...

I fully agree on this.. Just the new objectives in itself will shake up the meta.. The VSD and Raider gets boosted. Most things we see in the preview is however buffing the Empire which is already the strongest faction ATM (+SSD is coning) .  So i hope that the Rebels get some serious buffing in here..   

I am super excited for this remember we are getting 28 new upgrade cards from the campaign alone will disrupt the meta just from the added innovation with current ships alone

I think this was a stopgap measure due to limited ability to produce more plastic. It's great to have cards to use...but it's going to be tough to get people to play the campaign if you don't have existing players (IMO).

I probably will love the smaller games if it means being able to get two in on one night.

Hmmm.....

new campaign with maybe better mechanics than CC = awesome

more squadrons = not awesome (sorry, I don't think we need even more squadrons to slow things down )

boatload of new upgrades = awesome

new objectives = awesome

SSD delayed = mega not awesome

no new actual ships announced = not awesome ( but they're working on it.....)

overall, the good outweighs the bad in my book. I'm not happy about some of the situation, but happy with other parts.

Always amazes me how different people react. I'm seeing folks go, oh awesome, smaller games!! While I'm like, meh, I want 800+ games ALL THE TIME!!!! 😆Just an example, hehe. 

11 hours ago, Crabbok said:

That's quite enough bickering.

haha😂, go papa @Crabbok!

On a different note. Had FFG not teased that they would announce a new expansion in advance and instead just dropped the new campaign on us in the live stream literally nobody would be disappointed right now. But by mentioning a new expansion in their article they got everyones hopes up. It is funny that we were the ones to ask for more communication from FFG and that is ultimately what led people to be dissappointed. FFG just cant win.

16 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

Here's how I see it:

Why do we want "Waves" of content?
Because they provide shakeups to play the game.  The standard tournament style game, right?

The Campaign does that.  Provides Real, Expansive, Tangible ways to play the standard game...  In big ways.

For Meta Shakeup, its potentially better than a Wave Itself...  Especially since this Campaign (unlike the CC) also includes REGULAR UPGRADES...

Look, there is good news here, no doubt.  The Campaign is good, and the upgrades, squadrons, and objectives will shake up the meta...a little.  This is a positive thing.  The fact that they may release some upgrade packs to make finding upgrade cards easier/cheaper is a great thing.  The fact that they have stuff in the works is wonderful.  I'm not ragging on the game here.

But a campaign isn't going to draw new players.  A campaign may not even bring old players back.  Most people only bought the last campaign for the squadrons.  The same will be true for this one.  People will buy it for the cards, not the campaign.

I LIKE Armada.  I'm happy with what we have and are getting.  But for the SAKE OF THE GAME, for the LONGEVITY of the game, for the LIVELIHOOD of the game... FFG needs MORE.

2 years without a wave of ships is a long time for a game that is already bleeding players.

5 hours ago, GilmoreDK said:

I fully agree on this.. Just the new objectives in itself will shake up the meta.. The VSD and Raider gets boosted. Most things we see in the preview is however buffing the Empire which is already the strongest faction ATM (+SSD is coning) .  So i hope that the Rebels get some serious buffing in here..   

One of the things that makes this game great is the objectives. Getting more is going to be great. 

Posted (edited)

Sorry, but I don't think new ships are going to draw new players either. Wave 1, 2, 4, and the SSD are the only releases that will draw new players. "Wow, a Star Wars minis game where I can have a fleet of Star Destroyers! A fleet of Mon Cal ships! A SUPER Star Destroyer!" That might draw new players.

But, "Wow, an Imperial Support Vessel, just like from those old Timothy Zahn books!", or "Wow, prequel ships from those movies I love to complain about online!", or "Wow, a Nebulon B-2, just like maybe was in the old Lucasarts games, I don't even remember!"? In all likelihood that guy is already playing Armada, or else he never will because it is too expensive.

I honestly think an "RPG-style" campaign has a better chance of bringing new players into the game than a wave of ships. New ships will actually probably push new players away. Provided that new upgrade cards are enough to keep local Armada scenes running, so that new players have a place to go, then they will be more likely to start when the total set of available ships is smaller. No one wants to start a collectible game without format rotations when they need to buy 10 years worth of stuff.

Edited by bleezy

This campaign is an amazing release, in my opinion as good as it gets. New titles for the Victory and other old ships. An officer to support the Raider. Yes please! Why would I want FFG to release "Imperial Torpedo Corvette v2" so I can buy a bunch of copies to have a more effective version of the Raider when I could just buy this campaign, get the new upgrades, and use them on the ships I already have?