UnitOmega

Clone Wars Official Announcement

27 minutes ago, John79 said:

Looks like a reboot.  I wish they would slow down and focus more on story, terrain, and just playing the game. 

What does that mean ? Terrain ? You can make yours. Story ? Star wars universe is already FULL of stories you can use by yourself. Playing ? We are all already do that, but I force myself to play with a gameplay I do not see myself in (Rebs) and the choice is very limited (even if I win also with Empire, gosh I don't like their playstyle at all).

So no. It is not a reboot. It is a step forward.

A well timed step forward. I was begining to be "sick" of Rebs and Imps. And a lot of people will agree with me.

Now, we will have more choice.

36 minutes ago, Rammstein117 said:

At least the new factions will help get rid of mirror matches to some degree. Nothing more uninteresting than imps vs imps, since imperials seem so much more popular in my area.

They seems to be in every freaking area.

None ask why there is almost 7 lists out of 10 each tournament with more than 10 people...

10 minutes ago, RaevenKS said:

None ask why there is almost 7 lists out of 10 each tournament with more than 10 people...

It's not all that surprising though, the imperials have all the cool toys. Whereas in the clone wars you have two factions with a whole bunch of various cool options.

2 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

I could tell you that..., but I’d be lying.🤔🤪😳😆

That said it's still a very large scale for the game (3-4 times larger than the occupier tanks, but smaller than a large terrain piece.  
The revell A-wing is just about the right scale and an LAAT/i should be 1.5 times as long  

I think this is probably the closest analog for the LAAT/i, and it's about 17.5 meters long.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mil_Mi-24

2 hours ago, John79 said:

Looks like a reboot.  I wish they would slow down and focus more on story, terrain, and just playing the game. 

The thing they announced 8 months ago.....which at the time was 5 months after the launch of the game and it doesn't change any of the underlying mechanics of the game is a reboot.
How exactly do you figure that?

Do we have a wish list yet? How about crossover? Anyone considering using old clankers in the war for independence? Or aging clones (ahem) fighting with Rebels. Life long fan here. I'm excited for this new set. Can't wait! (Ooh! Imagine Vader carving into Wookies at the end of the Clone Wars. Or imagine running Anakin and the 501! Or how about the fall of the Jedi! Man. Too numerous. Or imagine a Jedi that survived the Purge fighting with the Rebels.) Lots of good possibilities here. I only hope we get generic Jedis and Padawans. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, John79 said:

It's not a reboot it's an attempt to economically add two more factions. In casual anonymous games, there are possibilities for 3 matchups: R v R, I v I, and R v I. Fighting your own faction will now be (hopefully) a rarity. Unless they drastically overpower one of the new factions.

Edited by TauntaunScout

On 3/28/2019 at 8:02 PM, Empire On Ice said:

Hard pass for me. Hated the movies, no interest in this 'era' of the SW verse.

As a Star Wars fan at 46 year old....and a core Original TRilogy fan...I would have said the same having watched the prequels and though they were were poor for 2 films then 1 decent one(revenge of the sith)

However, forward wind to the last  year and I have got round to watching the 'clone wars'.

OMG...snips and anakin.  Its amazing.  Brilliant part of the SW story.

Roll on CW Legion

20 hours ago, TalkPolite said:

Luke Eddy, one of the developers of Legion hangs out in the discord. He was clarifying questions we had all day - stuff like would the new electrobinos stack with Veers spotter 2? (They do) 

You can find the discord here: https://discord.gg/ueRYKet

I just can't figure Discord out. I'm on there but it's all I can do to get in a chat so I can talk to the person I'm playing on TTS. Where exactly are these clarifications happening?

3 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

I just can't figure Discord out. I'm on there but it's all I can do to get in a chat so I can talk to the person I'm playing on TTS. Where exactly are these clarifications happening?

Usually the Legion General channel. Lukeweddy is the handle of the developer 

18 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

I still get one or two hating-comments before I shove off by that logic!

Or do I get a pass because I think the sequels are objectively worse cinema than When Harry Met Sally?

Let me check the RRG:

Disliking the Sequels grants you +1, hating the Sequels grants you a +2 to making anti-prequel comments;  thankfully they stack on the original allotment, so you should be good for a few comments.  

Back to the latest complaint, how on earth is this a reboot?  It's a continuation that uses the same cards, and they're selling the new cards that come with it separately so prior players can get them too.  FFG is going out of their way to be accommodating, and people are still finding ways to complain.  This really sounds like (besides the prequel hate, though this applies to that as well) a case of "it is different, and therefore wrong." 

59 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

Back to the latest complaint, how on earth is this a reboot?  It's a continuation that uses the same cards, and they're selling the new cards that come with it separately so prior players can get them too.  FFG is going out of their way to be accommodating, and people are still finding ways to complain.  This really sounds like (besides the prequel hate, though this applies to that as well) a case of "it is different, and therefore wrong." 

Not to mention that since they will still sell the original core set then this cannot be a reboot since a reboot is replacement not addition

20 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

I still get one or two hating-comments before I shove off by that logic!

Or do I get a pass because I think the sequels are objectively worse cinema than When Harry Met Sally?

With all the crap that's been thrown your way on this forum over the months, I'd say you've earned it.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Rammstein117 said:

At least the new factions will help get rid of mirror matches to some degree. Nothing more uninteresting than imps vs imps, since imperials seem so much more popular in my area.

Agreed.   The ironic thing is the licence that drew many of us to the game, also limits us.    I honestly expect to see only 6 factions in this game; Imperial, Rebel, CIS, Republic, First Order and Resistance.  The latter two need some fleshing out admittedly, but I still want them.

while scum is an option, I don't see it too likely for lack of a cohesive faction identity, but it is possible.

21 hours ago, RaevenKS said:

Part of the reason is bad guys have cooler looking gear in many outlets of fiction.   Another is Rebels can be harder to play.  They require more finesse than imperial lists.   Due to the predominant white defense die, and that you have to be more careful with your actions.  

Edited by That Blasted Samophlange

4 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Part of the reason is bad guys have cooler looking gear in many outlets of fiction.   Another is Rebels can be harder to play.  They require more finesse than imperial lists.   Due to the predominant white defense die, and that you have to be more careful with your actions.  

Interestingly enough, LVO had a basically 50/50 split between imperial and rebel players. I'm not sure on Adepticon faction numbers yet.

28 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Agreed.   The ironic thing is the licence that drew many of us to the game, also limits us.    I honestly expect to see only 6 factions in this game; Imperial, Rebel, CIS, Republic, First Order and Resistance.  The latter two need some flushing out admittedly, but I still want them.

while scum is an option, I don't see it too likely for lack of a cohesive faction identity, but it is possible.

At first I thought that perhaps you might mean fleshing out.

Then I remembered how bad The Last Jedi was...

...so, yeah, flushing out may be necessary. 😉