UnitOmega

Clone Wars Official Announcement

3 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

I’m actually a little disappointed by the clones though. Their attack dice are about where I expected, but I was thinking that the clone armour would be a red with defensive surge because of how clone armour is compared to Stormtrooper armour in Star Wars Rebels.

“I would never be on their side, or wear that junk armor.” ~ Captain Rex about Stormtrooper armor.

Still not bad though, but incredibly pricey. Highest priced corps unit (that’s not a veteran) at 56 points. Their dice are good without surge, but not having surge on attack is going to make that Z-6 way less effective on the clones than the rebels.

Just because someone says something in star wars doesn't make it an absolute truth you know.   Rex could be exaggerating based on him not fitting the armour, liking the look, countless reasons.

Also, while I'm not sure if it was from legends sources, I do remember that the original clone trooper was not very comfortable, or even super effective (it was designed by the kaminoans).   Later versions, including the ARC trooper and Clone Commandos, were considerably improved.  So even if Rex wasn't exaggerating, he never wore standard clone armour himself.  

There IS a phase II armour incoming I'm sure.  

26 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Just because someone says something in star wars doesn't make it an absolute truth you know.   Rex could be exaggerating based on him not fitting the armour, liking the look, countless reasons.

Also, while I'm not sure if it was from legends sources, I do remember that the original clone trooper was not very comfortable, or even super effective (it was designed by the kaminoans).   Later versions, including the ARC trooper and Clone Commandos, were considerably improved.  So even if Rex wasn't exaggerating, he never wore standard clone armour himself.  

But Rex would have worn standard Clone armor at the start if not throughout the whole thing since his armor was the same aside from the helmet, pauldron, and kama. 

They might give Phase II the surge, they also might make them the 'Veteran' type unit, since they wore it later in the war. That or well I guess they could make the galactic marines the 'Veteran' style unit instead. 

6 hours ago, TalkPolite said:

True dat. The discord has been very positive with Luke Eddy chiming in to clarify things. Surprised me to see it here 

could you elaborate for those of us not in there?

1 hour ago, JediPartisan said:

I’m actually a little disappointed by the clones though. Their attack dice are about where I expected, but I was thinking that the clone armour would be a red with defensive surge because of how clone armour is compared to Stormtrooper armour in Star Wars Rebels.

“I would never be on their side, or wear that junk armor.” ~ Captain Rex about Stormtrooper armor.

Still not bad though, but incredibly pricey. Highest priced corps unit (that’s not a veteran) at 56 points. Their dice are good without surge, but not having surge on attack is going to make that Z-6 way less effective on the clones than the rebels.

Rebel troopers don't have offensive surge either.  It's literally the same.

The real value is if they add their dice via fire support to a unit that has surge on attacks...

1 hour ago, JediPartisan said:

Rebels don't have surge.....

1 hour ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

They also have to balance the game.. So some liberties will be taken. 

45 minutes ago, Jabby said:

It would seem that no one has realised that they also are adding a 3-supression token?

People have pointed it out, it's just not that interesting compared to the other stuff. It's like a 3 wound token, just there for convenience if you have a big ol' stack of suppression.

2 hours ago, Tirion said:

could you elaborate for those of us not in there?

Luke Eddy, one of the developers of Legion hangs out in the discord. He was clarifying questions we had all day - stuff like would the new electrobinos stack with Veers spotter 2? (They do) 

You can find the discord here: https://discord.gg/ueRYKet

4 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

LAATs carry AT-TEs into battle, so if the tank is too big, no way the flyer makes it in.

I hope we get both though.😎😁

I'm pretty sure that there's different LAAT, much like There's different kinds of helicopter.

So there's probably a Comanche type, an Apache type and a Chinook type. 
I mean that's just able to be ween contextually on screen.  Look at the one that carries Yoda and Mace around in ROTS, no way that's bigger than an AT-TE.  Same with the one that carries Obi, Padme and Anakin to chase down Dooku. 

4 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

What does everyone think about the droids? White defense and attack die with absolutely no surge and a possible 8 minis per unit. They may die fast and not hit much, but you’ll have a whole lot of them at 36 points (cheapest unit in the game)!

44 points for a pack of 7.  That's almost twice the HP of any other corps unit.  A naked squad of most corps units can't take them down in one round. 

1 hour ago, Jabby said:

Please explain?

There is a new surge token, which lets you convert one offensive or defensive surge when you spend it. Haven’t heard anything about a surge *action*, so assuming we get the tokens from gear or command cards

21 minutes ago, Zrob314 said:

I'm pretty sure that there's different LAAT, much like There's different kinds of helicopter.

So there's probably a Comanche type, an Apache type and a Chinook type. 
I mean that's just able to be ween contextually on screen.  Look at the one that carries Yoda and Mace around in ROTS, no way that's bigger than an AT-TE.  Same with the one that carries Obi, Padme and Anakin to chase down Dooku. 

44 points for a pack of 7.  That's almost twice the HP of any other corps unit.  A naked squad of most corps units can't take them down in one round. 

I thought the LAATs were modular and you can have the troop carrying section or remove it so the LAAT can haul vehicles like the AT-TE. There’s an example in the CW animated series. “The Landing At Piont Rain” (I think that’s what the episode was called, or something like).

38 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

I thought the LAATs were modular and you can have the troop carrying section or remove it so the LAAT can haul vehicles like the AT-TE. There’s an example in the CW animated series. “The Landing At Piont Rain” (I think that’s what the episode was called, or something like).

Two different types. One carries troops/cargo the other has clamps and less weapons and is more powerful (in lifting terms)

unrelatedly

some pics of grevious’s poses.

swl44_grievous_blaster-and-saber.png

swl44_grievous_four-sabers.png

9 hours ago, TalkPolite said:

Hahaha it continues. Meanwhile we’re over here enjoying the **** out of the new stuff. Long live legion! 

You are very welcome to do so :)

I'll make sure to keep that **** out of my Star Wars :)

25 minutes ago, Jabby said:

Two different types. One carries troops/cargo the other has clamps and less weapons and is more powerful (in lifting terms)

unrelatedly

some pics of grevious’s poses.

swl44_grievous_blaster-and-saber.png

swl44_grievous_four-sabers.png

The way FF is doing the CW Core set is awesome. For those of us buying two (or more) Core sets, we will be able to put each Grevious in a different pose. We didn’t have that ability with the original core unless we modified heavily.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, thepopemobile100 said:

I like em. White defense and attack is bad, but it was expected off of the B-1s (I was about to say it could be worse, but that's not currently possible.). They can hold the line and will do a lot better defensively if they have cover. 8 hitpoints with no surge is bad, but there isn't many things that can kill them in one go. From what we can see their heavy weapon choices look solid enough, although that launcher isn't stellar as it's probably exhaust. The other weapon looks to just be the 3 black which is fairly good on it's own and has 5-6 other minis that need to go down before it gets taken out.

I see the CIS corp as being cannon fodder while the support, SF, etc. are more for dealing the damage.

Weapons with the SPRAY keyword are going to wreck the droids. AT-RT with 2 blacks per model in LoS ignoring cover. 16 blacks against white defense with no surge.....ouch.

Roger Roger

Edited by ThumperLOLZ
Roger Roger