UnitOmega

Clone Wars Official Announcement

Just now, Darth evil said:

are those Droidekas units of 4 because if it's 2 per unit and you buy 2 cores your going to end up with a unit you can't use.

its pairs of 2 but they have 2 poses rolled up and in the open they said. they hinting at while rolled up its faster but while open it can shoot. but its up to you if you use both poses. also they haven't said what unit type they are yet..... but more then likely a heavy.

1 minute ago, Darth evil said:

are those Droidekas units of 4 because if it's 2 per unit and you buy 2 cores your going to end up with a unit you can't use.

It sounded to me like they would switch models depending on what mode they are in, so I'd expect it to still be one unit of Droidekas per core set

4 minutes ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

its pairs of 2 but they have 2 poses rolled up and in the open they said. they hinting at while rolled up its faster but while open it can shoot. but its up to you if you use both poses. also they haven't said what unit type they are yet..... but more then likely a heavy.

I'm guessing support.

Rolled up, I'm a Speeder Bike with no guns, whee!
Open, I'm an E-Web with Sabine's shield!

3 minutes ago, CaptainRocket said:

I'm guessing support.

Rolled up, I'm a Speeder Bike with no guns, whee!
Open, I'm an E-Web with Sabine's shield!

My guess is support as well. The Og core had 2 Corps 1 Support & one Force Commander. I'm betting this is the exact same setup.

1 minute ago, AverageBoss said:

I have no idea how or where they would fit in, but I hope we get Night Sisters and Mother Talzin down the road for CW stuff.

Things like the nightsisters, some would say ewoks, could work as a boxed set for pre built army, with units for each category.   Plus they would have a horde corps option of zombies.

Posted (edited)

Ill be honest. the Galactic core set left me cold. I already have IA, so i had no interest (or since) in Legion. THIS has my attention. I've wanted clone minis forever, and Clone Armour Obi looks badass. I will be defo be picking this up if not for the minis alone, so finally checking out the system will be a bonus (p.s. I hated the prequels, but loved the designs and armour etc).

Edited by 54NCH32

4 hours ago, Empire On Ice said:

Hard pass for me. Hated the movies, no interest in this 'era' of the SW verse.

Can all of you “hard passers” just make one post and everyone else just click the like buttons? It will save us time. 🤪🤣

4 hours ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

how many will use fire support from the clones (if you use them). i don't think i would if i played them (roger roger) yeah its more dice being thrown for the attack but it also gives up a activation that could help secure a objective.

The thing about Fire Support is that most of the time you may not use it, but if you have a unit you just want to take out, it could be crucial. If you do individual attacks, each attack has to get through defense minus. 1-2 for cover, dodge token (rebel nimble) etc can eat away at each iterative attack, but one big attack only gets the minus (subtraction) once. So yeah, I can see it as VERY good.

What does everyone think about the droids? White defense and attack die with absolutely no surge and a possible 8 minis per unit. They may die fast and not hit much, but you’ll have a whole lot of them at 36 points (cheapest unit in the game)!

1 hour ago, Tealadin said:

I'm iffy on using box art for confirmation, but the LAAT is within scale tolerances; It wouldn't be any bigger than most of the flyers from GW. I doubt we will see an AT-TE thought...it's a bit large and would be real expensive.

LAATs carry AT-TEs into battle, so if the tank is too big, no way the flyer makes it in.

I hope we get both though.😎😁

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

LAATs carry AT-TEs into battle, so if the tank is too big, no way the flyer makes it in.

I hope we get both though.😎😁

Huh...for some reason I thought the LAAT transport was a larger ship and dropped off the SPHA's , which are conciderably larger, and I guess that the AT-TE's were a bit bigger. There is often way too much dysphoria when it comes to this universe... and Wookiepedia doesn't always help. They listed the Hammerhead from Rebels under the same listing as the Hammerhead from KoToR even thought the KoToR model is the size of a Nebulan-B and the Rebels one is shown next to a CR-90 as the same size; still both were listed at 348m. I've had a talk about this on this forum before about the numbers being weird.

Still I'm with you, if its possible I want it.

Edited by Tealadin

47 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

What does everyone think about the droids? White defense and attack die with absolutely no surge and a possible 8 minis per unit. They may die fast and not hit much, but you’ll have a whole lot of them at 36 points (cheapest unit in the game)!

I like em. White defense and attack is bad, but it was expected off of the B-1s (I was about to say it could be worse, but that's not currently possible.). They can hold the line and will do a lot better defensively if they have cover. 8 hitpoints with no surge is bad, but there isn't many things that can kill them in one go. From what we can see their heavy weapon choices look solid enough, although that launcher isn't stellar as it's probably exhaust. The other weapon looks to just be the 3 black which is fairly good on it's own and has 5-6 other minis that need to go down before it gets taken out.

I see the CIS corp as being cannon fodder while the support, SF, etc. are more for dealing the damage.

12 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

I like em. White defense and attack is bad, but it was expected off of the B-1s (I was about to say it could be worse, but that's not currently possible.). They can hold the line and will do a lot better defensively if they have cover. 8 hitpoints with no surge is bad, but there isn't many things that can kill them in one go. From what we can see their heavy weapon choices look solid enough, although that launcher isn't stellar as it's probably exhaust. The other weapon looks to just be the 3 black which is fairly good on it's own and has 5-6 other minis that need to go down before it gets taken out.

I see the CIS corp as being cannon fodder while the support, SF, etc. are more for dealing the damage.

I'm thinking the CIS will have two corp to start with. The B1s which are cheap hordes of poor troops and the B2s which are strong small number squads. I'm thinking the B2s will be corp by the way because the Special Forces will be taken up by the Commando Droids, Magna Guard and Mandalorians.

Also what do you think for the Republics Melee monster? The CIS will have the Magnas for sure, but the Rep could use the Wookies like the Rebels or maybe the Jedi Temple guard/Generic Jedi Squad?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CaptainRocket said:

Electro binoculars look like a gear upgrade that give you spotter 1, OMG!

I can't see the other text though, so maybe locked to B1s...

If you look at it, it says B-1 battle droids can ignore this upgrade requirement, ie they can take 2 gear items! this might mean I can stop running veers and make a generic commander  a cheaper veers!

Edit: B-1s do NOT have a gear slot

Edited by Cleto0

12 minutes ago, Tealadin said:

I'm thinking the CIS will have two corp to start with. The B1s which are cheap hordes of poor troops and the B2s which are strong small number squads. I'm thinking the B2s will be corp by the way because the Special Forces will be taken up by the Commando Droids, Magna Guard and Mandalorians.

Also what do you think for the Republics Melee monster? The CIS will have the Magnas for sure, but the Rep could use the Wookies like the Rebels or maybe the Jedi Temple guard/Generic Jedi Squad?

Magnas will have the electro staff that the IRG have I imagine, so they'll be immune to pierce in melee and function very similarly overall.

Beyond that I'm sure we'll see SF generic jedi squads of maybe 2-3 members each and I'd expect wookies to make a return to the Republic.  It'll all be very expensive point wise I'm sure, but without knowing what they do stat wise I can't say for sure how they'll perform.

5 minutes ago, Cleto0 said:

If you look at it, it says B-1 battle droids can ignore this upgrade requirement, ie they can take 2 gear items! this might mean I can stop running veers and make a generic commander  a cheaper veers!

B-1 droids don't have a gear slot. I suspect most of the CIS troopers wont

I’m actually a little disappointed by the clones though. Their attack dice are about where I expected, but I was thinking that the clone armour would be a red with defensive surge because of how clone armour is compared to Stormtrooper armour in Star Wars Rebels.

“I would never be on their side, or wear that junk armor.” ~ Captain Rex about Stormtrooper armor.

Still not bad though, but incredibly pricey. Highest priced corps unit (that’s not a veteran) at 56 points. Their dice are good without surge, but not having surge on attack is going to make that Z-6 way less effective on the clones than the rebels.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

Magnas will have the electro staff that the IRG have I imagine, so they'll be immune to pierce in melee and function very similarly overall.

Beyond that I'm sure we'll see SF generic jedi squads of maybe 2-3 members each and I'd expect wookies to make a return to the Republic.  It'll all be very expensive point wise I'm sure, but without knowing what they do stat wise I can't say for sure how they'll perform.

I’m hoping Jedi have red defense dice, but since Luke does there’s no reason to think they won’t, unless Luk’s jump suit is somehow armoured.😏

As for the exspense of Republic troops, I can see them not having many activations. Imperials usually have one less activation in their army builds than Rebels and I guess the Republic will have one less than the Imps.

Edited by JediPartisan
Added

6 minutes ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

B-1 droids don't have a gear slot. I suspect most of the CIS troopers wont

I don't know..  Super battle droids had a number of variants that, while could be their own models, could just as easily be gear upgrads.   Aqua droids, environmental gear, jetpack droids, why not a jetpack gear?

1 minute ago, JediPartisan said:

I’m actually a little disappointed by the clones though. Their attack dice are about where I expected, but I was thinking that the clone armour would be a red with defensive surge because of how clone armour is compared to Stormtrooper armour in Star Wars Rebels.

“I would never be on their side, or wear that junk armor.” ~ Captain Rex about Stormtrooper armor.

Still not bad though, but incredibly pricey. Highest priced corps unit (that’s not a veteran) at 56 points. Their dice are good without surge, but not having surge on attack is going to make that Z-6 way less effective on the clones than the rebels.

Red with surge is not something I would ever want to see handed out to a corp unit as it will devalue that defense. Defense that good really should be the highlight of specific units and be a selling point of them. Rex's line doesn't say that stormtrooper armor is worse to me, but rather that he doesn't want to be using anything affiliated with the Empire.

I read the unit at 52 points which seemed a bit low to me, but 56 makes more sense.

7 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

This maybe due to the fact that these are Phase1 clone troopers,phase 2 clone troopers had improved armor 

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Phase_II_clone_trooper_armor

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Phase_I_clone_trooper_armor