UnitOmega

Clone Wars Official Announcement

31 minutes ago, TalkPolite said:

Hahaha it continues. Meanwhile we’re over here enjoying the **** out of the new stuff. Long live legion! 

Yup, the only thing holding me back is the having of the stuff I do. Wouldn’t mind having this stuff too, just time and money.

this Clone Wars stuff is awesome though 

Posted (edited)
On 3/28/2019 at 2:26 PM, Soulfly626 said:

Obi-wan with armor looks weaksauce. 

I was on the fence about these new expansions/factions....now that it looks like they'll be going for the TV show look from the Clone wars series, I will definitely Pass on this.

I was hoping they stuck to the Movies art style.

Meh.....

I have to admit, The Galactic Civil War era isn't my favorite. When Legion was first announced I was excited to get a Star Wars miniature game and even though the Empire and Rebs aren't my favorite...it is still Star Wars. I've cherry picked a few units from the first expansions, but never wanted any of the Hoth stuff and didn't care about the Wookies or Imp Guard/Palp...But I already want all of this!

I know TCWs might not be your thing, but I was 10 when Episode  1 came out so I experienced this in theater and lived the toys and video game boom. Just saying, any Star Wars is someones first experience and favorite thing. Plus ,worst case scenario you still have the first game, which they aren't just going to abandon, and they will probably announce the First Order and Resistance early next year; so there are still options, and most games don't require you to have all factions anyway.

Edited by Tealadin
grammer

Well, I was iffy on getting into Legion but this has brought me in. Clone Wars era has some fantastic designs and concepts, and the cartoon easily outdid the OT at its high points. Looking forward to collecting some CIS, and hopefully the Shadow Collective somewhere down the road.

1 minute ago, Tealadin said:

I have to admit, The Galactic Civil War era isn't my favorite. When Legion was first announced I was excited to get a Star Wars miniature game and even though the Empire and Rebs aren't my favorite...it is still Star Wars. I've cherry picked a few units from the first expansions, but never wanted any of the Hoth stuff and didn't care about the Wookies or Imp Guard/Palp...But I already want all of this!

I know TCWs might not be your thing, but I was 10 when Episode  1 came out so I experienced this in theater and lived the toy. Just saying, any Star Wars is someones first experience and favorite thing. Plus ,worst case scenario you still have the first game, which they aren't just going to abandon, and they will probably announce the First Order and Resistance early next year; so there are still options, and most games don't require you to have all factions anyway.

Well said.   I know I really want Sequel Era stuff (so I can play with my son, who is growing up with the sequels).   But, I acquiesce that clone wars offers way more in terms of sheer variety of units.   Heck, even basic corps units is such an easy development phase I and Phase II.   

Clone Wars lends itself so easy to wargaming.   I'm all in when they get to Umbaran units. 

I've not the funding or gaming community for this, but if they do Republic Commando's or Death Watch then I'll likely bite on grabbing some models.  The new Deathtroopers have almost thrown me into the miniatures for shelf purposes already.

I grew up on the original trilogy and its now classic look, but I have an appreciation for The Clone Wars for many different reasons and pleased they've taken the plunge for those who enjoy it (as they have with X-Wing).

On that note - how easy is the game to pick up and learn without another experienced player and is there a good place for people to trade who might want 'the other half of the box' ? Thank you!

1 minute ago, infyrana said:

I've not the funding or gaming community for this, but if they do Republic Commando's or Death Watch then I'll likely bite on grabbing some models.  The new Deathtroopers have almost thrown me into the miniatures for shelf purposes already.

I grew up on the original trilogy and its now classic look, but I have an appreciation for The Clone Wars for many different reasons and pleased they've taken the plunge for those who enjoy it (as they have with X-Wing).

On that note - how easy is the game to pick up and learn without another experienced player and is there a good place for people to trade who might want 'the other half of the box' ? Thank you!

The game itself isn't too complicated if you already have some experience with miniatures games in general. I'd recommend making a note card of all the actions though. I personally find it easier that all of an individual units abilities and weapons are on a card rather than in a codex as it's much handier to look down and see. Keep the learn to play handy as that's most of the game as is, but keep in mind that more specific clarifications will be in the RRG which is a PDF that gets updated.

As for trading, I'm sure that plenty of people here (myself included) would be more than happy to trade half a core set.

Posted (edited)

While not a big fan of the prequels, or the Clone wars cartoon, this is what Legion should have been from the get go. Epic ground combat in the Star Wars Universe is not Hoth, or Endor... Hopefully we can get the LAAT Gunships, AT-TE's and more... MORE I say.. MOAR!!!

Edited by Ebil Piwat

2 minutes ago, Ebil Piwat said:

While not a big fan of the prequels, or the Clone wars cartoon, this is what Legion should have been from the get go. Epic ground combat in the Star Wars Universe is not Hoth, or Endor... Hopefully we can get the LAAT Gunships, AT-TE's and more... MORE I say.. MOAR!!!

LAAT confirmed! Did you see the core set box art? 🤪

13 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

The game itself isn't too complicated if you already have some experience with miniatures games in general. I'd recommend making a note card of all the actions though. I personally find it easier that all of an individual units abilities and weapons are on a card rather than in a codex as it's much handier to look down and see. Keep the learn to play handy as that's most of the game as is, but keep in mind that more specific clarifications will be in the RRG which is a PDF that gets updated.

As for trading, I'm sure that plenty of people here (myself included) would be more than happy to trade half a core set.

Thank you for the advice!  Should I get to see a copy of it come into stock (still waiting on my X-Wing Clone Wars preorder that was due out last week) and pick one up, I'll be sure to come back here and let you know :)

21 minutes ago, CaptainRocket said:

LAAT confirmed! Did you see the core set box art? 🤪

I'm iffy on using box art for confirmation, but the LAAT is within scale tolerances; It wouldn't be any bigger than most of the flyers from GW. I doubt we will see an AT-TE thought...it's a bit large and would be real expensive.

35 minutes ago, CaptainRocket said:

Electro binoculars look like a gear upgrade that give you spotter 1, OMG!

I can't see the other text though, so maybe locked to B1s...

It has text that allows battle droids to take it even though they don't have a Gear slot.

29 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

Hmmm...zooming in, it looks like the Droids and Clones have some text before their "Trooper" unit types. More subtypes?

Clone trooper and Droid trooper respectively.   Likely, these will have intracacies like the creature trooper.     

We won't find out till either the the Rules reference gets updated, or we get a preview article.  

1 hour ago, srMontresor said:

Don't get me wrong, it's great that people who want this can now get it, but the drastically reduced release rate of GCW stuff is annoying, especially now things are shifting to sprues.

Where does this rumor come from? I hadn't heard that before...

now i'm guessing we will see:
MTT transport
Arc Commandos
Anakin (commander)
Rex (operative)
Count Dooku (commander)
Commander Kalani (commander officer type unit)
Mace Windu( Commander)
Jango Fett (operative)
night sisters (special forces)
that is all i'm listing for now.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Sharkbelly said:

Where does this rumor come from? I hadn't heard that before...

The Q&A said there would be about an 80-20 split between CW and GCW to begin with.

Edited by Jedhead
Punctuation

f*** yeah ! this is awesome ! great addition to the game .. but i wonder if both can be played at same table, i mean OT teams vs Prequel teams.. and i wonder if we can get characters from prequels in sequels time ( example : obi wan ). Anyway this looks good and i guess next will be the sequels. with all this universes much money, ffg can get.

5 minutes ago, gmcc said:

f*** yeah ! this is awesome ! great addition to the game .. but i wonder if both can be played at same table, i mean OT teams vs Prequel teams.. and i wonder if we can get characters from prequels in sequels time ( example : obi wan ). Anyway this looks good and i guess next will be the sequels. with all this universes much money, ffg can get.

They also said in the livestream that you could go OT versus prequels, so that is definitely a thing! 😊

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Jedhead said:

They also said in the livestream that you could go OT versus prequels, so that is definitely a thing! 😊

oh great i wonder how tournaments will go now :)

Edited by gmcc