UnitOmega

Clone Wars Official Announcement

Obi-wan with armor looks weaksauce. 

I was on the fence about these new expansions/factions....now that it looks like they'll be going for the TV show look from the Clone wars series, I will definitely Pass on this.

I was hoping they stuck to the Movies art style.

Meh.....

I feel, this is what Legion should have been all along, big battles in the clone wars era.  even though i have no love for the prequels. it makes sense from the tabletop war game side. 

lots of units, lots of vehicles different clone painted battalions. do you think they were testing the success, with Galactic civil war stuff, and then once it had people hooked, drop the clone wars stuff.?

i feel they would have been successful if they had only announced legion as clone wars era game

2 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

This is so hard to say no to, but I really kind of have to in order to stay (fiscally) sane.

That's fair. So long as they don't start doubling up on releases, I should still be fine (4 units in a month instead of 2). 

1 minute ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

so what is the diamond icon suppose to be? a new action?

The diamond shaped ones appear to be surge tokens, which they said was a new mechanic coming.

3 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

That's fair. So long as they don't start doubling up on releases, I should still be fine (4 units in a month instead of 2). 

Yeah.... I have a complete empire collection (some are one of not multiples though) and what amounts to wave 1 of Rebels I bought half price off a guy who wanted to get into the game and never did. I have a ton of catching up to do for the Rebels.

Going forward I plan to prioritize and pick strategically rather than “all the things”. Fill in here and there rather than be a collector.

I can’t justify all factions, even if I wanted to.  Don’t have the time to paint them all, don’t have the time to play often enough (even if opponents are nearby), and yes, that’s a lot of money.

1 minute ago, ScummyRebel said:

Yeah.... I have a complete empire collection (some are one of not multiples though) and what amounts to wave 1 of Rebels I bought half price off a guy who wanted to get into the game and never did. I have a ton of catching up to do for the Rebels.

Going forward I plan to prioritize and pick strategically rather than “all the things”. Fill in here and there rather than be a collector.

I can’t justify all factions, even if I wanted to.  Don’t have the time to paint them all, don’t have the time to play often enough (even if opponents are nearby), and yes, that’s a lot of money.

I probably will start being a bit more choosy as well, I'm having a harder time justifying them for RPG purposes, but will still probably buy the packs from not (whatever faction I choose to focus on) if I particularly like the models as one offs. Especially since I think we're going to start seeing some more esoteric and random units for both Empire and Rebels, which I am likely to be less interested in from a collection standpoint.

I'm fairly certain I'm going to end up focusing on either the CIS or Republic, but will have to see both in play first. With the Clone troopers, there is significantly less pressure to paint them white, and a bit more freedom for customization... 

how many will use fire support from the clones (if you use them). i don't think i would if i played them (roger roger) yeah its more dice being thrown for the attack but it also gives up a activation that could help secure a objective.

5 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

The diamond shaped ones appear to be surge tokens, which they said was a new mechanic coming.

sadly both me and my fiance play oppisite factions so i will have to get all units for this as well.

Just now, azeronbloodmoone said:

how many will use fire support from the clones (if you use them). i don't think i would if i played them (roger roger) yeah its more dice being thrown for the attack but it also gives up a activation that could help secure a objective.

But if you're already on the objective, or if the Fire Support unit is Suppressed, or even worse, would Panic if it activates and fails to roll off enough suppression, this is a way for you to still have them contribute to the battle. 

Just now, Empire On Ice said:

Hard pass for me. Hated the movies, no interest in this 'era' of the SW verse.

I mostly like this era due to the cartoon series. It fleshes out the characters significantly better than the movies, and tells some interesting stories. 

2 minutes ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

It seems to be situational, yes, but also lethal to some units.   For example if you get a squad to range one, say an AT-ST (or droid battle tank), and have a nearby squad, you may want to focus fire on that uni - especially if you have, say impact grenades, because it all forms a single pool.  So, even two (nearly) naked squads with the grenades as detailed above is rolling 8 black dice with impact 4.  Adding upgrades and clones can decimate a unit - especially commanders and Jedi (Execute order 66!)

46 minutes ago, Soulfly626 said:

Obi-wan with armor looks weaksauce. 

I was on the fence about these new expansions/factions....now that it looks like they'll be going for the TV show look from the Clone wars series, I will definitely Pass on this.

I was hoping they stuck to the Movies art style.

Meh.....

Only on a Star Wars forum would the first comment be negative 😂

1 hour ago, Empire On Ice said:

Hard pass for me. Hated the movies, no interest in this 'era' of the SW verse.

Absolutely agree. Though, technically, I've never seen the prequels for more than trailer snippets and isolated scenes. That was enough for me to decide it wasn't my thing (to put it politely).

Don't get me wrong, it's great that people who want this can now get it, but the drastically reduced release rate of GCW stuff is annoying, especially now things are shifting to sprues.