Caimheul1313

Adepticon reveal

10 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

So, clone boys are expensive and get Black/Red, but no surge (I expected this). Neat unique keyword for them too, they work well as a team with orders. That Critical on the DC-15 is pretty important. Z-6 is swing as flip on them though. Curious about smoke grenades.

B-1s are cheap, white/white no surge. They also have action restrictions, which are cool. But that Coordinate: Droid Trooper is amazing, there are gonna be so many units that works with. Also Electrobinoculars gives Spotter, and does something different to B-1s?

The B-1s don't have a gear slot by default, so I bet that it just allows them to take the upgrade.

10 minutes ago, Thevshi said:

Nice ON!  My 7 year old plays with me, he is excited to see what comes for the Clone Wars.  Last time we played he was competitive to the very last turn of the game and just barely lost in Recover the Supplies.

Cool! My son (and I've said this before) is getting the concepts but mostly he just wants to role dice and move Han Solo around😀

2 minutes ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

the seperatise will have the best order pool control then anything else with the b1 droids.

At the cost of staying clustered together, since Coordinate is only Range 1. White defense no surge also means it should be fairly easy to remove a link in the order chain. 

So we are missing: SWL41, SWL42, SWL43, SWL 45, SWL46, SWL 48 and SWL50. I bet two of those are a BARC Speeder and Droidika expansion. Another maybe Super Battledroids, what others?

6 minutes ago, Cusm said:

So we are missing: SWL41, SWL42, SWL43, SWL 45, SWL46, SWL 48 and SWL50. I bet two of those are a BARC Speeder and Droidika expansion. Another maybe Super Battledroids, what others?

The imperial counter parts to tauntauns and veterans?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

At the cost of staying clustered together, since Coordinate is only Range 1. White defense no surge also means it should be fairly easy to remove a link in the order chain. 

That's why I hope B2 droids will be Separatist's 2d trooper unit...Because with white defense/no surge, I expect to lose at least one complete B1 droid unit per turn. Especially against black dices + fire support clones :o

And we all know how important troops are in this game.

Edited by player4031660

1 hour ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Fair enough, but after his resurrection, he is decidedly NOT part of the CIS. 

Which is fair, but hasn't changed both Battlefront classic and EA to have him as a hero for that faction and for FFG to already have Maul join the CIS as a pilot for X-Wing. 

54 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

No Dewback or Imperial core reveals? Seems odd to me that CW would be shown first.

Give a week or two. This was their 'big' announcement to surprise people and build up hype while Imperial corps unit and Dewback are standard releases that will be announced once we get to April, and will likely come out sometime in July or August, depending on if the downed AT-ST gets its own release month. 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Cusm said:

14 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Probably SWL 41, SWL42 will be those Imperial units.

SWL43 might be some other Neutral release we see at a later date, like SWL30 was missing for awhile IIRC.  

SWL 50 should be the Droidekas (the AT-RT is SWL04, Rebel Troopers are SWL05), SWL 48 is probably the BARC Speeder. 

SWL45 and SWL46 might be two Heavy units if the release of the first core set is anything to go by. 

Edited by Caimheul1313

2 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

Which is fair, but hasn't changed both Battlefront classic and EA to have him as a hero for that faction and for FFG to already have Maul join the CIS as a pilot for X-Wing. 

You're giving me hope again for a Darth Maul release Q4 2019 😛

2 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Probably SWL 41, SWL42. SWL43 might be some other Neutral release we see at a later date, like SWL30 was missing for awhile IIRC.  

SWL 50 should be the Droidekas (the AT-RT is SWL04, Rebel Troopers are SWL05), SWL 48 is probably the BARC Speeder. 

SWL45 and SWL46 might be two Heavy units if the release of the first core set is anything to go by. 

Was about to say the same but instead of 3 neutral releases I am betting on Imperial Corps and Support so that Empire and Rebels are even.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

Was about to say the same but instead of 3 neutral releases I am betting on Imperial Corps and Support so that Empire and Rebels are even.

Ah sorry, I meant to indicate that SWL41 and SWL42 would be the assumed Dewbacks and Imperial Veterans that ScummyRebel had mentioned. 

Edit: Hopefully made my previous post more clear now. 

Edited by Caimheul1313

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ScummyRebel said:

59 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Probably SWL 41, SWL42. SWL43 might be some other Neutral release we see at a later date, like SWL30 was missing for awhile IIRC.  

SWL41 - Imperial Vets/Shore Troopers

SWL42 - Dewback

SWL43 - Neatral? (Hondo)

SWL 45 - Marines/ARC Trooper/?

SWL46 - Super Battle Droids?

SWL 48 - BARC Speeder

SWL50 - Droidekas

Will we be able to have the Wookies on the Republic's side?!!

Edited by Cusm

Just now, Cusm said:

SWL 45 - Marines/ARC Trooper/?

SWL46 - Super Battle Droids?

Will we be able to have the Wookies on the Republic's side?!!

I expect Vehicle Heavies for the SWL45 & SWL46, but it depends on how similar the CW release will be to the initial GCW release. 

Sounded like they were not putting units with more than one faction in the near future, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible later. Which is also why I expect SWL43 to be some other terrain/acrylic markers/new Battle Cards sort of pack, rather than a unit.

I think Smoke Grenades is only in the Clone Trooper pack atm, similar to the original Concussion/Impact split. The upgrade pack says "up to the Clone Wars Core", so that should mean they aren't in the core. 

1 minute ago, player4031660 said:

Btw, strictly speaking about rules here, not lore, will it be possible to play a clone wars faction against an original trilogy faction?

Yes. You can play any army against any other army in the sense of rules.

(outside of that specific narrative mission in the AT-ST pack, though I suppose you can house rule that)