Mighty

FFG Panel at Adepticon

22 minutes ago, Hippie Moosen said:

Those are both probably a bit too big. The Pelta is almost double the length of the CR90, aka Tantive IV. If the Imperial Cruiser your talking about is the Arquitens that is seen in Rebels, and is in an expansion with that name in armada, that ship is actually even bigger. Light is a relative term on those things. They would probably still look good on the table with their sizes shrunk down a bit, but I'm guessing the Rebels and Imperials will probably not see much in the way of new Epic ships, for at least a little while, since they both already have two options from 1st ed. 

Wow, my memory had failed me with the Pelta... I thought it was only slightly larger than the CR90 >_> As for the Imperial ship... I meant that triangle fighter carrier, but I think that might be too large as well... 

Posted (edited)

Did anyone hear of or get the impression that Epic play might have some representation in the competitive scene?

I mean, when it comes to second edition is it unreasonable to expect it to have it's own track at competitive levels? Could we potentially have a Worlds winner for Epic? because that would be awsesome.

Edited by Force Majeure

4 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

Did anyone hear of or get the impression that Epic play might have some representation in the competitive scene?

I mean, when it comes to second edition is it unreasonable to expect it to have it's own track at competitive levels? Could we potentially have a Worlds winner for Epic? because that would be awsesome.

Nothing indicating, but nothing excluding either.

7 minutes ago, Kehl_Aecea said:

I meant that triangle fighter carrier, but I think that might be too large as well... 

Probably, but wow would it be sweet to have a carrier like that. Maybe someday we can have an epic ship so big that it has hangers for your ties or X-wings that they actually fit into...

3 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

latest?cb=20180507144614

This would be a great ship to allow all 7 factions access to.

Unless they are really going to start kicking out Huge ships like crazy, multi-faction ships should be a thing.

6 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

I would be torn about this.

Pro:  Epic would get much better representation and support.  Finally, the death of "who plays Epic?" snark.

Con:  I liked that Epic had no meta.

I also hope that things like the Shuttle Tydirium get to been created as the Narrative part of Epic.  It looks like Armada is already onto its second campaign!!  I cant wait for this to be an element of XWM.

Did anyone corner the FFG panel about the poor quality of the App at Adepticon??

The new article saying OP open games require you to be added to the store's tracking sheet to earn rewards makes me wonder if stores will be granted the bigger events based on participation after turning in those sheets rather than simply applying first/at all.

Posted (edited)
On 3/28/2019 at 5:55 PM, Sithborg said:

Because LFL says no. 

On 3/28/2019 at 6:12 PM, LagJanson said:

That would be the only reason. Some people have opinions but we don’t know what LFL has said. In the past they were fan friendly for that sort of thing 

Well, there is one other reason: Anyone who has been introduced to Star Wars in the last 7-8 years is not reading/playing/buying the source material for those pilots.  If you didn't know about Tycho Celchu's role in the Bacta War by 2010, you probably haven't discovered him since.  We got Dash and Soontir,  because there are no viable canon pilots for those awesome models.  I won't hold my breath for many more legends pilots in ships where canon pilots are a-plenty, even though the only thing I want is Corran Horn in green CorSec X-wing. 

Edited by SomeDudeWhoMostlyLurks