Mighty

FFG Panel at Adepticon

15 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

Because LFL says no. 

That would be the only reason. Some people have opinions but we don’t know what LFL has said. In the past they were fan friendly for that sort of thing 

16 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

Because LFL says no. 

They didn’t say no to all of the non cannon stuff we did get back, there is still a lot of pilots that returned, and a portion of them are ones I would not have chosen to return 😝

Alex also repeated that they try to do what the fans want. They listen.

It might not always feel like it, some times things hinder them from doing what they want as quickly as they’d like. For example they said they’d been developing the Super Star Destroyer for years, so remember that they often have to wait just as long as we do—or longer—for things to be fulfilled entirely.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SpiderMana said:

Alex also repeated that they try to do what the fans want. They listen.

I'm pretty certain that 90% of 2.0 was informed by statements on these boards.

So, when people grouse about what they want in the game and you are annoyed because it is not something you care about/think is important, just try to remember that this is a good place to wave your flag.

5 hours ago, Parakitor said:
  • It's coming, and it's going to be awesome

Awesome sounds nice.

You will not need to buy new huge ships (no surprise).

Well, that's too bad.  We haven't had a new Epic since 2017. :blink:

But we still don't know if it will be one kit for all 5 ships, or if it will be split by faction (I imagine it will be the latter).

The latter would be kinda dumb, IMHO.  It's only 5 ships. . .what, I'm gonna have to buy Rebels, Imperials, and the "Oh Boy Just The C-ROC" Conversion Kit (now with Blue Line!!}??

Scenario play will find its new home in Epic, which will be mainly a story-driven format.

Thank the maker!!  It's been my XWM dream for years.

And thank you to everyone who tagged me, knowing that Epic is my One True X-Wing Love. :D

Edited by Darth Meanie

Just now, Darth Meanie said:

Eh, I already have multiples.

Gimme a new paint job, FFG!!  I'm in for more!!

Corvus resculpt, anyone??

I’ve got a lead on a gently used GR-75 myself, but am holding off until I know how the conversion process will work. Besides, I’ve already painted up my first one.

13 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

Well, that's too bad.  We haven't had a new Epic since 2017. :blink:

IF epic gets future content, I expect it'll be for sep and republic. Scum still needs its second ship, but I cant think if anything in cannon that fits the size and roll. Maybe Hondo's crazy flying saucer, that'd be a nightmare on the game mat. Maybe a legends marauder corvette, that'd be neat.

Whelp, looks like I'm going to need to get that Gozanti-class after all. Already have a Raider-class that needs some tabletime.

Also, with them putting out another campaign expansion for Armada and other games, it really looks like FFG considers these a good option for making money, so we should get some good campaign kits for X-Wing. Awesome thing for narrative play.

51 minutes ago, Seraphimtoaster375 said:

IF epic gets future content, I expect it'll be for sep and republic. Scum still needs its second ship, but I cant think if anything in cannon that fits the size and roll. Maybe Hondo's crazy flying saucer, that'd be a nightmare on the game mat. Maybe a legends marauder corvette, that'd be neat.

I'm curious if the larger Mandalorian ship would be large base or Epic. It's dimensions are larger than the Ghost except for height. (the one that Maul steals and Ezra uses later on one, like a super large Fang Fighter) 

53 minutes ago, Seraphimtoaster375 said:

latest?cb=20180507144614

latest?cb=20130304092552

Slight sparsity of data on the first, but the second is the size of 2 imp assault carriers sitting side by side...

5 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

latest?cb=20180507144614

latest?cb=20130304092552

Slight sparsity of data on the first, but the second is the size of 2 imp assault carriers sitting side by side...

Is it that large? It's 50 m x 50m x 14m, right? 

7 minutes ago, Arc170Chris said:

I'm curious if the larger Mandalorian ship would be large base or Epic. It's dimensions are larger than the Ghost except for height. (the one that Maul steals and Ezra uses later on one, like a super large Fang Fighter) 

3 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

latest?cb=20180507144614

latest?cb=20130304092552

The Corellian gunship would be cool. The Gauntlet's stated dimensions do not match its onscreen appearances in the slightest. Its way smaller than its listed anywhere.

Image result for fang fighter 

Image result for gauntlet fighter landed

If those buildings are, generously, 10 ft tall, than the gauntlet is maybe 50-60 ft. (15-20 meters) not 175-225 ft (52.3-68 meters).
gimme a maul scum pilot in a gauntlet dang it

21 hours ago, Hippie Moosen said:

I'm really impressed by how much X-wings production seems to be sped up. 3rd wave just dropped, 4th wave has been revealed for a while now, they're getting ready to officially reveal the 5th wave, and we have confirmation that not only have they been working on Epic, but it's pretty much done at least with development. All this done less than a year after the relaunch seems pretty great. Can't wait to dust off my old Rebel Transport for Epic.

FFG did say when 2nd was announced that they were looking to speed up releases and get as much content out as possible.  They're certainly living up to that statement!

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

The Kom'rk? 52m x 52m x 13m  for the small version, 68m x 52m x 13m for the large version (rounding down on both).

That's whats listed, but it doesn't really match what we see. Size and scaling of ships in the star wars universe is infamously wildly inaccurate for ships that aren't "hero ships"

*EDIT: I couldn't find a picture of it in frame with the Ghost to compare, just with the buildings and fangs, but I don't know where that squadron pic is from.

There is no way a Z-95 fits inside any version of the YV-666

Plus it doesn't really fit the epic style of play. The Gauntlet/Kom'rk is basically a big 'effin fighter that also carries soldiers. 

Edited by Seraphimtoaster375

1 hour ago, Seraphimtoaster375 said:

The Corellian gunship would be cool. The Gauntlet's stated dimensions do not match its onscreen appearances in the slightest. Its way smaller than its listed anywhere.

Image result for fang fighter 

Image result for gauntlet fighter landed

If those buildings are, generously, 10 ft tall, than the gauntlet is maybe 50-60 ft. (15-20 meters) not 175-225 ft (52.3-68 meters).
gimme a maul scum pilot in a gauntlet dang it

If anything, the Seps have proven that an arc-locked large ship CAN be a maneuverable ace. They just have to do something similar for the Gauntlet. I can’t see it NOT happening now.

6 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

If anything, the Seps have proven that an arc-locked large ship CAN be a maneuverable ace. They just have to do something similar for the Gauntlet. I can’t see it NOT happening now.

If I were designing it there'd be 2 distinct types of pilots:

The large base ace pilots, probably Maul and Fen Rau (if there isn't a better option) that fly around and blow stuff up. 

And pilots with more support oriented abilities that intentionally partner really well with the fang fighter, priced to fly with 2 fangs. Fearless Fen and Terry gives you 70 points of wiggle room, which is more than enough for something like that.

Hopefully we see some new additions to the roster for the Rebels and Imperials. 

Could the Pelta-class and Imperial light carrier be used or are they far too large for even X-wing's scale fudging?

20 minutes ago, Kehl_Aecea said:

Hopefully we see some new additions to the roster for the Rebels and Imperials. 

Could the Pelta-class and Imperial light carrier be used or are they far too large for even X-wing's scale fudging?

Those are both probably a bit too big. The Pelta is almost double the length of the CR90, aka Tantive IV. If the Imperial Cruiser your talking about is the Arquitens that is seen in Rebels, and is in an expansion with that name in armada, that ship is actually even bigger. Light is a relative term on those things. They would probably still look good on the table with their sizes shrunk down a bit, but I'm guessing the Rebels and Imperials will probably not see much in the way of new Epic ships, for at least a little while, since they both already have two options from 1st ed.