Sign in to follow this  
Blail Blerg

DFS-311 looks really useful. Is it? Also, please give nickname

8 hours ago, TheCeilican said:

Kinda useful... I mean you can network tokens already right?

At the moment I'm thinking any of the I1 droids are probably a write-off.  They're so squishy it's almost essential to get up to I3 and do something before you get splatted.

Do people really feel like must go up to I3? 

31 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

Do people really feel like must go up to I3? 

Think it might depend on a few things.  What are you really giving yo to do it? If its not too bad, then I say yes.  If you get the Init drop on someone, it's a big difference. 

11 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

also, what does DFS stand for?

Likely something along the lines of "Droid Fighter System", considering one of the pilots for the Hyena bomber is "DBS-404" (Droid Bomber System).

(The first two letters are pretty obvious, but the third one throws me off - I guess it could be "ship" instead of "system").

54 minutes ago, Freeptop said:

Likely something along the lines of "Droid Fighter System", considering one of the pilots for the Hyena bomber is "DBS-404" (Droid Bomber System).

(The first two letters are pretty obvious, but the third one throws me off - I guess it could be "ship" instead of "system").

Now this is the research I support. Looking up what the Hyena was. 

10 hours ago, TheCeilican said:

Kinda useful... I mean you can network tokens already right?

At the moment I'm thinking any of the I1 droids are probably a write-off.  They're so squishy it's almost essential to get up to I3 and do something before you get splatted.

He's effectively a Coordinate action that only lets you Calculate, but you can do it at range 1-3. You also get to do it at the start of engagement, so you'll know that the board state looks like and where the token will be most useful. 

1 hour ago, PhantomFO said:

He's effectively a Coordinate action that only lets you Calculate, but you can do it at range 1-3. You also get to do it at the start of engagement, so you'll know that the board state looks like and where the token will be most useful. 

That last part, is where it becomes SO useful. 

Also, you can pass it to other ships, like Maul, who can take the Tactical Relay to convert it to an evade. I have a build with Maul who takes 1 dmg from 4hits in an attack (and has Gonk). 

6 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

At I1 Butterbot has a very good chance of getting that calculate token to kick to someone else while gumming up your opponent's movements. :)

Let’s just appreciate how good that last part would sound if we decided on the nickname Public Nudity.

My problem, at least in using butters for other Vultures, is that with networked calculations, any droid is basically doing the same thing, just with less range and without paying more points.  It's, of course useful, for getting off energy shells or possibly buzz droids, but you're paying the points of a ship that can have energy shells to ensure that a ship can get off energy shells...why are you not just taking an I1 with energy shells and shooting them yourself?  It also doesn't do as much as thought in blocks because, most of the time, my blockers are at R1 of friendlies anyways.  It's actually one of the strengths of the vulture swarm is that you have floating actions that anyone can use, so doing that slightly better just wasn't overly useful. 

This also might be a problem with the fact that I've been just been steadily upping the number of vultures and with 8 of the dopey little things calculating, I could care less who specifically has what token.  I'm not completely writing off butters for lists with less vultures, but I really think in a full 8 swarm, he just doesn't find enough value.