clanofwolves

Sith and the Inquisition

34 minutes ago, Okapi said:

Interesting idea. Dooku with Palpatine and Scimitar flanked by three Inquisitors with FCS is 199 points. Now to mind trick the opponent into thinking this is perfectly legal...

Yeah... now I'm not into the new Wave yet, and I know the Republic is basically pre-Empire, but when you have a Sith, it just fits with the Inquisitors right? Plus, the ship designs were made for each other. This (^) is the list I'd like to run. 

MJYhPqY.jpg Let's keep his ego down a bit...

7xvOWNf.jpg X3 = fantastic

Edited by clanofwolves

33 minutes ago, clanofwolves said:

So is it just me, or would an illegal squad consisting of a Sith Infiltrator and three TIE Advanced Prototypes not look pretty good on the mat; and possibly be fun?

...or whatever, maybe...now where's my tea?

Not even close, because the Infiltrator is the worst looking model FFG has put out in a long time.  Detail is non-existant, the paint job is trash, the wings are always at the wrong angle (particularly when fully open).

That said, a right-looking Infiltrator model would indeed look pretty cool next to TIE v1s.

22 minutes ago, Okapi said:

Interesting idea. Dooku with Palpatine and Scimitar flanked by three Inquisitors with FCS is 199 points. Now to mind trick the opponent into thinking this is perfectly legal...

O-66, lore wise, makes more sense as a pilot with Empire than Separatists.  As far as I know, they only flew the Scimitar during the Galactic Empire era.

6 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Not even close, because the Infiltrator is the worst looking model FFG has put out in a long time.  Detail is non-existent, the paint job is trash, the wings are always at the wrong angle (particularly when fully open).

..glad for the 411 mate; I cannot tell how well these guys look from the promos, vids and pics... sad they want all that jack and didn't take time on the design. I'd rather the model be smashingly good without the moving bits if they had to choose ...it's cheesy and dumb if the decision for moving parts sacrifice money that could have been allocated on the details of the model itself.

1 minute ago, clanofwolves said:

..glad for the 411 mate; I cannot tell how well these guys look from the promos, vids and pics... sad they want all that jack and didn't take time on the design. I'd rather the model be smashingly good without the moving bits if they had to choose ...it's cheesy and dumb if the decision for moving parts sacrifice money that could have been allocated on the details of the model itself.

I dunno if it was a sacrifice to moving parts.

Quality this wave has felt... weak.  I think the Sith Infiltrator looks bad.  Several of my Torrents are built wrong, a bit crooked with the fin and stand-mount.  Oh, and there was the whole "wrong dial" bit.  My Belbullab (and at least one person's other at the FLGS) had a backwards peg in it.

While I think the 2e Y-Wing is wicked goofy with the giant turret and nose guns, I haven't felt the 2e models were typically bad.  The Core Set X-Wing is wicked sharp.  The RZ-2 A-Wing is great.  Wave 3, however, just seems blah.  And it's a shame, since there's a lot of cool ships.

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

I think the Sith Infiltrator looks bad.  Several of my Torrents are built wrong, a bit crooked with the fin and stand-mount.  he Core Set X-Wing is wicked sharp.  The RZ-2 A-Wing is great.  Wave 3, however, just seems blah.  And it's a shame, since there's a lot of cool ships.

Errrrrr...shame. My last purchase was the Reaper which is a very nicely done model IMO. I'm holding out on any new stuff as I am still neck deep in a full FO grouping that I am playing with different squads therein. This Sith ship looks great from the distance of 'behind the monitor.'

7 minutes ago, clanofwolves said:

Errrrrr...shame. My last purchase was the Reaper which is a very nicely done model IMO. I'm holding out on any new stuff as I am still neck deep in a full FO grouping that I am playing with different squads therein. This Sith ship looks great from the distance of 'behind the monitor.'

Isn't the "new" Reaper a hold-over model from last year's 1.0(+preview!) Reaper? That model was excellent.

18 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

I dunno if it was a sacrifice to moving parts.

Quality this wave has felt... weak.  I think the Sith Infiltrator looks bad.  Several of my Torrents are built wrong, a bit crooked with the fin and stand-mount.  Oh, and there was the whole "wrong dial" bit.  My Belbullab (and at least one person's other at the FLGS) had a backwards peg in it.

While I think the 2e Y-Wing is wicked goofy with the giant turret and nose guns, I haven't felt the 2e models were typically bad.  The Core Set X-Wing is wicked sharp.  The RZ-2 A-Wing is great.  Wave 3, however, just seems blah.  And it's a shame, since there's a lot of cool ships.

Yeah. One of my Torrent's peg was crooked. I just wiggled it loose a bit, straightened it out and re-glued it. Am thinking of getting the Seperatists Pack, so I hope my B-Bop's peg is not backwards also. ( I've heard of quite a few of these were backwards.) Crabbock on his unboxing video had one backwards!

I suspect that this is all an elaborate attempt to set up the opportunity to shout out

“NO-ONE expects the Sith and Inquisition!”

when your opponent sees what you’re putting on the table and says “I wasn’t expecting that!” 😛