Sign in to follow this  
infyrana

Scum advice for G-1A

Might be able to pick up another discount item or two tomorrow and wanted to know if grabbing a G-1A Mist Hunter is worth it given my ship collection?  My collection is more than enough for now to limit purchases but I continue to see the G-1A being used and wondered if it's a great addition for my 2x Firespray, 2x Fang, 2x Mining TIE, Shadow Caster, Jumpmaster and Lando's Falcon + 2e Scum Conversion Kit.

I've seen some 'stress lists' using Han / 4-Lom / Asajj (I'm all for using Asajj!) and wondered if there are any other list varieties with my ships and the G-1A  to try please?

I'm currently getting my limited flight time in using the wonderfully created Fly Casual simulator (thank you!) and losing - so if anyone has any flight advice for the list it would be appreciated please.

My primary scum list right now is 4-LOM, Lando, and Asajj as well. Lots of options to throw stress around. 4-LOM is probably the best use case for it. Lots of value for its point cost. Adv Sensors means you can do an action, a red maneuver, and gain a calculate and potentially even lose the stress at the end of turn. The one agility die makes it easy to destroy however, but it has the health to soak up damage for a turn or two. Elusive is a decent consideration, but I'd warn you of putting too many upgrades on it.

I use it more for a distraction than anything else. You can probably accomplish the same thing with just a generic Firespray with a few upgrades, though those are costed a little more. Also, keep in mind it's not hyperspace legal so that could be a factor in your decision making. It doesn't exactly fill a role that you're currently missing, but it's still a good ship. 

adv sensors jumping to 10pts really hurt 4-LOM who was scums primary option in the G-1A. with misthunter title he was scums new bumpmaster with the annoying ability to give stress. hes borderline not worth it without adv sensors. iv hear rumour zuckus is good but i havent seen a list using him i really like.

if u can pick the ship up cheap, it might still be worth it. i own one. just not playing it right now.

This is my go to list.   Just took 2nd at a 14 person wave championship. I started with Lando but he was usually the first to go.  Palob has been awesome.  He always makes the oppenent think about actions and movement and only 2 points for the engine upgrade is the icing on the cake.  4-LOM is a beast and he doesn't go down easy.  As @kempokid said above, AS is a must for him I feel.  Zuckuss is there for those times when you can't stay put and have to clear stress.  

Asajj Ventress (76)    
    Hate (3)    
    Ship total: 79  Half Points: 40  Threshold: 5    

4-LOM (49)    
    Advanced Sensors (10)    
    Zuckuss (2)    
    Ship total: 61  Half Points: 31  Threshold: 5    

Palob Godalhi (40)    
    Engine Upgrade (2)    
    Moldy Crow (18)    
    Ship total: 60  Half Points: 30  Threshold: 3    

Total: 200    

On 3/28/2019 at 8:01 AM, Boba Fatt said:

This is my go to list.   Just took 2nd at a 14 person wave championship. I started with Lando but he was usually the first to go.  Palob has been awesome.  He always makes the oppenent think about actions and movement and only 2 points for the engine upgrade is the icing on the cake.  4-LOM is a beast and he doesn't go down easy.  As @kempokid said above, AS is a must for him I feel.  Zuckuss is there for those times when you can't stay put and have to clear stress.  

Asajj Ventress (76)    
    Hate (3)    
    Ship total: 79  Half Points: 40  Threshold: 5    

4-LOM (49)    
    Advanced Sensors (10)    
    Zuckuss (2)    
    Ship total: 61  Half Points: 31  Threshold: 5    

Palob Godalhi (40)    
    Engine Upgrade (2)    
    Moldy Crow (18)    
    Ship total: 60  Half Points: 30  Threshold: 3    

Total: 200    

impressive. i love seeing Asajj in a squad. thats rare in my area where impersials and rebels are popular. i really like ur addition of zuckus crew. gr8 synergy with 4-LOM. im guessing Asajj is often the last ship to be destroyed?

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

20 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

impressive. i live seeing Asajj in a squad. thats rare in my area where impersials and rebels are popular. i really like ur addition of zuckus crew. gr8 synergy with 4-LOM. im guessing Asajj is often the last ship to be destroyed?

Yep, almost always.  Most go for palob or 4-LOM.  I roll Lom and Palob in slow and usually go 4 or 5 with Asajj.  I love just parking 4-LOM in the middle of everything and just stay put for rounds by handing off the stress.  It's probably the most fun list I've played since like Chewie and Dash waaayyyy back.  

So I managed to pick up the G-1A pack yesterday, I'm not fond of the ship at all, but after using it in the fly cas sim I'm quite looking forward to playing it on the table!

No palob for me at this time and I'll admit to hardly having looked at any pilot or dial for it, what does the ship bring to the list please?

I'm currently 5-0 with the following list: 

(65) IG-88D [Aggressor Assault Fighter]
(3) Elusive
(1) IG-2000
(0) Jamming Beam

(49) 4-LOM [G-1A Starfighter]
(2) Zuckuss
(2) Deadman's Switch
(1) Crack Shot

(68) IG-88A [Aggressor Assault Fighter]
(3) Seismic Charges
(0) Jamming Beam
(3) Fearless
(1) IG-2000
(2) Deadman's Switch

Total points: 200

Edited by K13R4N

2 hours ago, infyrana said:

So I managed to pick up the G-1A pack yesterday, I'm not fond of the ship at all, but after using it in the fly cas sim I'm quite looking forward to playing it on the table!

No palob for me at this time and I'll admit to hardly having looked at any pilot or dial for it, what does the ship bring to the list please?

Palob brings indecisiveness.  His ability allows you to steal 1 evade or focus token at the start of the engagement phase from a ship at range 0-2 in your firing arc.  That paired with the "moldy crow" title, allows him to keep up to 2 focus tokens per round, gives you a 3 attack primary and the ability to cover 90 degrees with your primary & turret arc.  He's also not as fragile as he seems.  He has 2 agility with 3 hull & 2 shields and he usually sticks around longer than your opponent would like, partly because of the extra focus tokens (or evade).   Adding engine upgrade allows him to stick in and out of place without worrying about the stress. Just a fun scummy ship.   

3 hours ago, K13R4N said:

I'm currently 5-0 with the following list: 

(65) IG-88D [Aggressor Assault Fighter]
(49) 4-LOM [G-1A Starfighter]
(68) IG-88A [Aggressor Assault Fighter]

How do you fly that? I have terrible performance with Brobots or any other list that shoot neither lots nor first.

43 minutes ago, Quarrel said:

How do you fly that? I have terrible performance with Brobots or any other list that shoot neither lots nor first.

4lom and A start together and D come on in a flank. You want D to be your last remaining ship. 

4 Lom.

Every game I've played 4Lom has dealt a minimum of 2 damage with Dead man's switch. You want him to be I'm the centre doing what he does best always at r1. He will be the first to die so you want to get as much from him as possible. Often you can TL then give him a calc along with crack shot to give a big punch. 

Never do red moves with both bots in a single turn. You NEED at least one calc for mods. Other then that I'm not too sure as I'm no bot master. Oh and one more point get good at medium bases that helps 

4 hours ago, Boba Fatt said:

Palob brings indecisiveness.  His ability allows you to steal 1 evade or focus token at the start of the engagement phase from a ship at range 0-2 in your firing arc.  That paired with the "moldy crow" title, allows him to keep up to 2 focus tokens per round, gives you a 3 attack primary and the ability to cover 90 degrees with your primary & turret arc.  He's also not as fragile as he seems.  He has 2 agility with 3 hull & 2 shields and he usually sticks around longer than your opponent would like, partly because of the extra focus tokens (or evade).   Adding engine upgrade allows him to stick in and out of place without worrying about the stress. Just a fun scummy ship.   

180 deg, not 90. Each arc other than the full arcs and the bullseye arc are 90 deg. The rest is correct. :)

Edited by Hiemfire

4 hours ago, K13R4N said:

4lom and A start together and D come on in a flank. You want D to be your last remaining ship. 

4 Lom.

Every game I've played 4Lom has dealt a minimum of 2 damage with Dead man's switch. You want him to be I'm the centre doing what he does best always at r1. He will be the first to die so you want to get as much from him as possible. Often you can TL then give him a calc along with crack shot to give a big punch. 

Never do red moves with both bots in a single turn. You NEED at least one calc for mods. Other then that I'm not too sure as I'm no bot master. Oh and one more point get good at medium bases that helps 

I’ve been really wanting to try brobots and 4Lom in extended, will give it a try!