Sign in to follow this  
ryanabt

Thank You FFG

13 hours ago, ryanabt said:

*This thread is for demonstrating your appreciation of FFGs recent communication. If you have complaints about this policy, I request that you please keep it to another thread. 

While I agree with your sentiment (and reacted accordingly), and I'm very glad that FFG is improving their communication and giving us articles, updates, and information, this part of your thread is confrontational.

You're posting a thread in a public forum.  That in itself is an invitation for debate.  You don't really have the ability to post your opinion and tell people with opposing opinions to shove off.  There is no safe space for only positive or only negative opinions.  This isn't a comment against you specifically, but the forum as a whole.  Every post, positive or negative, has people that come into it defending the other side of the debate.  It's the nature of a public forum.  Trying to restrict the opposition to stay in their lane, stick to their own posts, or avoid posting anything in contradiction to your own sentiment is futile and only works towards dividing a community.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, kmanweiss said:

While I agree with your sentiment (and reacted accordingly), and I'm very glad that FFG is improving their communication and giving us articles, updates, and information, this part of your thread is confrontational.

You're posting a thread in a public forum.  That in itself is an invitation for debate.  You don't really have the ability to post your opinion and tell people with opposing opinions to shove off.  There is no safe space for only positive or only negative opinions.  This isn't a comment against you specifically, but the forum as a whole.  Every post, positive or negative, has people that come into it defending the other side of the debate.  It's the nature of a public forum.  Trying to restrict the opposition to stay in their lane, stick to their own posts, or avoid posting anything in contradiction to your own sentiment is futile and only works towards dividing a community.

I understand and appreciate your sentiment, but respectfully disagree. I phrased my statement as a request. Thus, while we often emphasize the right to speak and have ones opinion heard, we should also note that treating others respectfully (in this case by acting in line with their wishes as much as possible) ought to be a priority as well. When someone makes a request, it shouldn't be ignored unless honerous. I suggest speaking in a public forum might allow for free speech, but does not necessitate debate. 

So that leads to discovering whether or not my request is oppressive or otherwise objectionable. You claim that since it is on a public forum it invites debate. The problem is that I didn't deny anyone the right to debate. I will gladly discuss the topic with anyone, I simply requested that such debate not occur here. The request in no way requires anything more than someone simply creating their own thread in order to discuss the issue further. If said person wanted to tag me and quote my topic they could do that.

Edited by ryanabt

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

All they need to do is communicate with us regularly.

That’s not a lot to ask. 

People would find more patience if they did.

That's the point of the OP.  They are communicating with us regularly now.  And that's a good thing.  We've had more news/articles in the last month or so than the previous year.

I am not happy about the delay as I'm sure almost all of us are but I am happy that they are informing us directly and making attempts to give us articles even if it's just SSD info ee already had it an interview or a delay article. It shows they are putting effort into talking to the armada community and that they maybe are finally understandong what most of us have been saying for a year or more.  (we can deal with a slow release schedule as long as you tell us what is going on and so we know you haven't given up on Armada.)