TallGiraffe

Adepticon Announcement

Actually not sure if i got this right but they announced some upgrade pack for SW: Legion... later when they finished the presentation they were asked a question do they plan to release such packs for other games...  they say they will do it for X-wing and Armada... but i was not paying attention what the upgrade packs contents were... 

so so yeah, they all but confirmed that Clone Wars content is coming. Likely will get announced when Disney allows them. Or they want to ride the Clone Wars hype longer. Xwing's launched, Legions was announced. We just have to wait for Legion's to launch I am guessing.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Green Squadron 3 said:

Actually not sure if i got this right but they announced some upgrade pack for SW: Legion... later when they finished the presentation they were asked a question do they plan to release such packs for other games...  they say they will do it for X-wing and Armada... but i was not paying attention what the upgrade packs contents were... 

Pretty much what it sounds like. Currently if you want Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (the upgrade card) you have to buy an MC30 and then you are rewarded with 1 copy of the card. That is the ONLY way to get a legal copy of the card, unless you participated in a tournament where they were a promo prize or buy one off ebay.

An upgrade pack would have copies of upgrades of like TRC or XI7 buyable in a card only pack so if, for instance, you were an empire only player that wanted to run turbolaser reroutes on an arquitens you wouldn't have to go third party or buy a rebel ship you don't want.

Edited by BrobaFett

The Legion Upgrade Card packs are "Copies of Current Faction Unaligned Cards".

So basically, if you pick up the Clone Wars Core Set for Legion, you can get the "Normal" cards from the Rebel/Empire packs, but not the Rebel/Empire Aligned cards.

5 minutes ago, hufflazon said:

I'm surprised nobody has managed to slam out a detailed analysis of those new Objective Cards that are posted on Twitter yet. 

D2w99LmXcAATJ2a.png

Do I don't understand the red objective yet. 

The yellow seems like a different forum of blockaid run essentially 

And Exploding asteroids! Definitely my favorite 

Just now, Green Squadron 3 said:

Thanks for the info gr8 move on FFG part... 

agree! and I think most others do. This has been a long time coming because it simply makes too much sense. Third party card sales are super common and it's just money FFG isn't tapping that is already in the market.

Just now, clontroper5 said:

I think it's like Navigation Hazards with space monsters. We just don't know what the space monsters do yet.

Just now, clontroper5 said:

The yellow seems like a different forum of blockaid run essentially 

And Exploding asteroids! Definitely my favorite 

The red is about getting rammed to death by purrgill

Also, new expansion has purrgill you can get rammed by :D

7 minutes ago, hufflazon said:

I'm surprised nobody has managed to slam out a detailed analysis of those new Objective Cards that are posted on Twitter yet. 

D2w99LmXcAATJ2a.png

Marked for Destruction:

1) Purrgil.  Seems you don't want to get close to them, but you can apparently "bait" them close to take a Bite (or a Hug) of a Star Destroyer.

Fleet in Being:

1) That's a lot of Token refresh.
2) I'm glad there's a pay off for making the enemy Refresh Tokens, and thus, forcing them to think about NOT doing it....

Volatile Deposits:

1) Exploding Obstacles.
2) GSR Lovers are going to LOVE that.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Captain_Nemo said:

One must admit, that this is one heck of an artwork

Dunno, looks like a bad day for that Interdictor.  MC75 and two Nebulon-Bs with X-Wings and B-Wings vs an Interdictor and Gozer flotilla with some regular TIE Fighters?  *ouch*

EDIT: as a thought, and given covert art featuring it...man, I sure hope some of those 'new upgrades' are Experimental Retrofits that are actually useful...

I'd even be willing to let the Rebels have a crew upgrade that adds an experimental retrofit slot to certain ships to balance that.

Pretty much exactly the sort of thing that could make for a fun 'narrative campaign', now that I think about it...

Edited by xanderf