TallGiraffe

Adepticon Announcement

Yeah, upgrades, objectives for standard play, new terrain (including monsters that move around the map), more pilots for 'Rogues and Villains' they mention by name (not '...squadrons II'???), new campaign with rules for creating a custom commander specific to the campaign, and new campaign-specific rules for 3'x3' map area.

Interesting stuff on the campaign, it seems. They've indicated that this new campaign was made in collaboration with their RPG group. So it will be a narrative driven campaign. We'll see how that works out. But it looks interesting!

Just now, RobertK said:

Interesting stuff on the campaign, it seems. They've indicated that this new campaign was made in collaboration with their RPG group. So it will be a narrative driven campaign. We'll see how that works out. But it looks interesting!

Agreed, I hope for more from this campaign than the Corellian Conflict.  I mean, it was alright, but not really what you look for in a campaign.

Question on points rebalancing for Armada...

"Options we're considering, but nothing further to announce at this time."

On campaign...anything they can tell us about that?

"Leaving specific details to marketing.  Campaign written for 200 pt fleets, but a number of sidebars through the book to explain how to use at larger scales.  Adding ships or upgrades to fleet will work very differently, removing a lot of the accounting that happened in Corellian Conflict.  Adding new upgrades or units just happen at a certain time, on a certain budget.  Focusing on narrative, less on resource management."

1 minute ago, xanderf said:

, removing a lot of the accounting that happened in Corellian Conflict.  Adding new upgrades or units just happen at a certain time, on a certain budget.  Focusing on narrative, less on resource management."

Very weird to me. 

Just now, xanderf said:

"Leaving specific details to marketing.  Campaign written for 200 pt fleets, but a number of sidebars through the book to explain how to use at larger scales.  Adding ships or upgrades to fleet will work very differently, removing a lot of the accounting that happened in Corellian Conflict.  Adding new upgrades or units just happen at a certain time, on a certain budget.  Focusing on narrative, less on resource management."

Best news I've heard all day

5 minutes ago, dominosfleet said:

little underwhelming. That "we are still developing ships" pretty much confirmed clone wars for me but, like all things armada, the development time is SLOW. Glad to see the new campaign, I'd bet no one plays the old campaign once it comes out. 

Not a lot of people play it now.

Honestly, I won't expect a lot of people to play the new one, either...

That's why they're Chock, "CHOCK!" full of Stuff that's Legal for Regular Play for a Cheap Price......  To keep us all Happy :D

And this one seems to be forgoing half of the Squadrons for Upgrades as well!

21 minutes ago, eliteone said:

I wonder if we will get the new box and SSD at about the same time. The box shouldnt be that hard to produce? It looked like it's promo artwork was what they showed on the sldies, so maybe a preview article will be out very soon. 

Release date for the campaign was listed as Q3. So same as the SSD now.

Just now, IronNerd said:

200 points? Is the only good solution to faster games to play smaller games?

How will this change the squadron game?  What would that be like 60 points for fighters?