20 minutes ago, Kylemcph240 said:

Yes because that will work. Coming from someone that has worked customer service for a long time, they are probably emotionally dead already rendering any attempt at emotional manipulation pointless

The hardest part about working service other than people who have no business touching our products (and walking them through troubleshooting), is that it's so rarely a positive interaction. Nobody calls to say thanks. It's neutral at best, and personally insulting at it's worst.

Maybe I should call and just say I'm sorry. 😯😄

I'm a new player, this will be my first new release I have been around for. In fact, the announcement of the SSD is the reason I bought into the game in the first place. It's my first ever more traditional style game I've played since like monopoly with my family as a child, and I love it. I know all of you are calloused to this, and others, like me, like to complain. But frankly, this is a bit shocking to me.

This is a company that's been in business for nearly 25 years, been making miniature games since at least 2004 (if I can trust Wikipedia), and they can't get a release like this even close to right?

I know it's a super ambitious project, and I am thankful that the cost of preordering this thing was in no way a setback for me. But you mean to tell me that when they announced it last August they couldn't foresee whatever issue they are having with this thing? 

I believe I read that an uncirculated pamphlet said originally Q4FY18, then they widely said Q1FY19, then Q2, now Q3, a year after the announcement. When they moved it from Q1 (which is only just coming to an end this week) to Q2, what did they not take into consideration that's delaying it an entire additional quarter?

I don't run a game publishing company, I am speaking out of pure ignorance, but this just doesn't seem  remotely acceptable.

Is anyone who was on the fence about purchasing the SSD more inclined to pre-order after the delay announcement? Knowing the long times between restocking expansions in general and the headache this is potentially causing internally at FFG it is not inconceivable a restock takes +12 months.

2 hours ago, Do I need a Username said:

Imperials more so than rebels.  Rebels tend to Bail on well laid plans, but Imperials wait until the Pryce is right.

Pun gun fired!

1 hour ago, ISD Avenger said:

I just don’t get FFG. Announce a flagship model. Say virtually nothing about it for months & months. Finally put out an article then announce a delay just as they were getting close to an alleged release.

What the actual frak?

they should have said there would be a delay about a month ago, they should have been saying more in general about the ship, they should have announced the next wave by now. They've been surprisingly successful at Armada in general, but the past month has been pretty solid so I'm hoping this is the level of interaction from now on. First step on the road to disappointment. 

6 hours ago, xero989 said:

They told us, Transparency thank you.  We have the announcement for adepticon, to look forward to I hope that does some damage control in the community.   People in my community are talking about leaving now and canceling their preorder *sigh*

lolz this at least they told us stuff is hilarious to me.

They literally told you around 48 hours before their release window (of three months) closed. You mean to tell me they didn't know this six weeks ago when it wasn't on a boat?

While I have a glimmer of hope CW is coming to Armada the SSD feels a lot like a swan song.

5 hours ago, Varulfr said:

Sigh, but I AM annoyed that I included some Death Troopers in my MM order which I now won't see till this summer! #best1stworldproblems

Call MM to adjust your orders. They should accomodate. I've done it numerous times with CoolStuffInc.com.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, codytx2 said:

Is anyone who was on the fence about purchasing the SSD more inclined to pre-order after the delay announcement? Knowing the long times between restocking expansions in general and the headache this is potentially causing internally at FFG it is not inconceivable a restock takes +12 months.

I'm still planning to wait. In my personal experience the first batches of ffg product always have some wonkiness to them. Example was my core set was bought early and the fighters molds were out of shape. Few months later and they seemed to have increased QC on new reprints. I saw the same thing happen to Legion purchases. So I usually wait out my purchases haha. This sadly means I'll need to wait longer.

Disclaimer: not bashing ffg at all but just my own experience and approach

Edited by Muelmuel

9 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Let’s get Vader down there to double some efforts...

But seriously, they deserve a pass.  They’ve written consistent articles of late, we’ve got at least two new products confirmed, and they actually bothered to tell us.

Consistent articles of late???

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the past 6 Months we've seen the following:

(1) Here's a preview for the SSD, a ship we hinted at 20 months ago and officially announced 8 months ago.  PS: It's the same as what was in a print magazine a few months ago.
(2) Here's an article about the format you can use when you use your SSD, that ship we announced 8 months ago.  PS: It's the same set of rules we've used at our larger team events ever since Origins 2015
(3) Here's an article about how that ship we hinted at 20 months ago and announced 8 months ago is getting delayed, again.
(4) Here's an article about how we're going to be announcing some cool stuff, including something for Armada, at Adepticon!
(5) Here's the prizes for Worlds 2019

What a time to be alive!!!!  🤣

To be fair, I'd only really call (1) and (5) articles with any substance, and (1) was scooped by the press magazine article that was well circulated among the community.  (5) was pretty sweet though, as though prizes are legit.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

(1) Here's a preview for the SSD, a ship we hinted at 20 months ago and officially announced 8 months ago.  PS: It's the same as what was in a print magazine a few months ago.
(2) Here's an article about the format you can use when you use your SSD, that ship we announced 8 months ago.  PS: It's the same set of rules we've used at our larger team events ever since Origins 2015
(3) Here's an article about how that ship we hinted at 20 months ago and announced 8 months ago is getting delayed, again.
(4) Here's an article about how we're going to be announcing some cool stuff, including something for Armada, at Adepticon!

To be fair, I'd only really call (1) and (5) articles with any substance, and (1) was scooped by the press magazine article that was well circulated among the community.  (5) was pretty sweet though, as though prizes are legit.

We also had an interview article with the current World Champion.  Not to mention the articles for the Season Four OP kits and the Regionals prizes.

Edited by Admiral Calkins
Added the November and December articles

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Are they articles?  Yes.  Are they consistent?  Yes.  It wasn’t too long ago that we were desperate for any trace of content.  Before we move the goalposts (and they should probably be moved) let’s take a moment to appreciate the different treatment we’re receiving.

Edited by The Jabbawookie