42 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Let us be reminded that, at one stage, in universe, it was stated that the SSD project was so riddled with delays and errors, that Darth Vader had to execute not one, not two, but SEVEN project managers over the course of the project.

I think were in “could be worse “ territory here 😁

It can always get worse.

1 hour ago, Drasnighta said:

But hey - telling us in this way is virtually unprecedented.

This was my first response too. I was actually excited to see this announcement, it means they're communicating. Literally what we've been asking for forever, just keep us informed with what's going on, giving us an idea what's planned would also be AWESOME, don't give us another 8ish month waiting period between announcements, they should be announcing a new wave right before they release a wave so we get something nifty as well as having something to look forward to. 

52 minutes ago, Alzer said:

That's...not my favorite thing ever.  Guess I'll put down on that new PC rig I've been wanting... 

FAQ/Errata update while we wait please?

eh, does anything need to be FAQ'd? Game feels like it's in a pretty good spot. 

35 minutes ago, RobertK said:

Probably because they didn’t want to make light of a situation that might make some folks legitimately mad. Note the repentant tone of directing people to customer service at the end. I think they meant to take the delay seriously, even if many of us are passe about it.

agreed. lol i worked retail for over a decade and have a dark sense of humor, in my experience a bad mood is seldom improved with a joke (people like us are the exception, not the rule). 

The only redeeming outcome of this delay is the possibility of Armada 2.0 forcing them to update the SSD for 2.0?

Otherwise, this model was too big to produce in a timely manner. I still have no idea how anyone in dev thought that making it 2/3rds the height of the playing mat was a good idea. Space is ... big, no? 🤣

To bad it got delayed that much, but good that they let us know like this.

At least this makes me feel better about spending on some X-wing expansions now knowing I won't be spending it on Armada soon.

20 minutes ago, Noosh said:

I see your long Dev time, and raise you a Half-Life 3. 

I see your Half Life Three and raise you, The Lord of the Rings. Which was infamously difficult for Tolkien to find a publisher for, due to its size. Orginally it was ment to be the Three Volumes it is today, but at first publication it was done in its smaller book format due to The War.

And also, the endless reworkings Tolkien did.

Fool  me  once shame on you fool me twice shame on me .   How can FFG expect us to believe them when they announced last Gen Con that it was coming out in early January of this year then delayed till May and now delayed maybe in September .   I noticed a rise of player interest in the game while we were playing in stores but now I’ll bet that people will lose interest .

8 minutes ago, SkyRaptor said:

Fool  me  once shame on you fool me twice shame on me .   How can FFG expect us to believe them when they announced last Gen Con that it was coming out in early January of this year then delayed till May and now delayed maybe in September .   I noticed a rise of player interest in the game while we were playing in stores but now I’ll bet that people will lose interest .

My guess would be problems or issues with consistency with the molds or post mold plastic parts.. this thing might be one of the largest toys / miniatures made. certainly the largest so far for FFG. 

The possibility of the 2.0 option, or maybe a power balance with older ships that havent had play time in a few waves, are being discovered to be SSD killers. 

1 minute ago, Stasy said:

Call it and start crying like an ex begging to get back together. Test that customer service rep!

Signed, a customer service representative.

Yes because that will work. Coming from someone that has worked customer service for a long time, they are probably emotionally dead already rendering any attempt at emotional manipulation pointless

Honestly, I'm not too bummed since the extra time gives me an excuse to pretend that this is within my budget.

Sigh, but I AM annoyed that I included some Death Troopers in my MM order which I now won't see till this summer! #best1stworldproblems

15 minutes ago, Varulfr said:

Sigh, but I AM annoyed that I included some Death Troopers in my MM order which I now won't see till this summer!

You think that's bad; I used a bulk deal, so included the X-Wing 2.0 Core Set, 2 other X-Wing expansions and a Rogues and Villains pack in my pre-order. And I was looking forward to trying out some X-Wing one of these years (and a YT-2400 spam list)...