3 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Let’s get Vader down there to double some efforts...

But seriously, they deserve a pass.  They’ve written consistent articles of late, we’ve got at least two new products confirmed, and they actually bothered to tell us.

Exactly this - I'm cool with how this has played out.

Let us be reminded that, at one stage, in universe, it was stated that the SSD project was so riddled with delays and errors, that Darth Vader had to execute not one, not two, but SEVEN project managers over the course of the project.

I think were in “could be worse “ territory here 😁

That's...not my favorite thing ever.  Guess I'll put down on that new PC rig I've been wanting... 

FAQ/Errata update while we wait please?

16 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Let’s get Vader down there to double some efforts...

But seriously, they deserve a pass.  They’ve written consistent articles of late, we’ve got at least two new products confirmed, and they actually bothered to tell us.

WHY didn't they make this reference!!???  Inject some humor into the situation!

Image result for we shall double our efforts

6 minutes ago, BDrafty said:

WHY didn't they make this reference!!???  Inject some humor into the situation!

Image result for we shall double our efforts

Probably because they didn’t want to make light of a situation that might make some folks legitimately mad. Note the repentant tone of directing people to customer service at the end. I think they meant to take the delay seriously, even if many of us are passe about it.

Posted (edited)

They told us, Transparency thank you.  We have the announcement for adepticon, to look forward to I hope that does some damage control in the community.   People in my community are talking about leaving now and canceling their preorder *sigh*

Edited by xero989

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Weyoun42 said:

Any bets on what hits the market first: The SSD or whatever they announce on Thursday?

August 1st it is a Thursday  and the first day of Gencon. 

Edited by xero989

8 minutes ago, xero989 said:

They told us, Transparency thank you.  We have the announcement for adepticon, to look forward to I hope that does some damage control in the community.   People in my community are talking about leaving now and canceling their preorder *sigh*

I have to say, my first reaction is close to this. The announcement best be a doozie, because I'm pretty much out of patience. It appears I'm in the minority here, so I won't harp on it. I am incredibly disappointed, and I don't even want (read: don't plan to buy) an SSD. I just want something...

9 minutes ago, xero989 said:

The announcement is that the SSD is delayed I am willing to bet

13 minutes ago, RobertK said:

Probably because they didn’t want to make light of a situation that might make some folks legitimately mad. Note the repentant tone of directing people to customer service at the end. I think they meant to take the delay seriously, even if many of us are passe about it.

I feel bad for the customer service folks who have to field those calls.