Sign in to follow this  
Jedu

So, do the buzz droids stick to the ship or not?

I still can't find a clear answer. The reference card added in vulture droid blister doesn't really clarify this.

If enemy ship flies into buzz droids and I place them:

1) in the front guides, and then enemy ship performs a barrel roll;

2) in the rear guides, and then enemy ship performs a barrel roll or boosts/SLAMs;

3) in the rear guides, and next turn enemy ship performs its normal manouver,

are the buzz droids going to stick to the ship and fly with it, even though the ship has repositioned and the template or the ship hasn't overlapped the buzz droids token?

How do you play them?

They don't stick, they only "move" after launching when moved through or overlapped. They are in effect a 6 pt hazard that is placeable during the course of gameplay that messes with your opponent's maneuver, action and target choices and which can hurt if your opponent ignores them.

5 minutes ago, Anselmmunilev said:

Doesn't that defeat the point of buzz droids? If Obi-wan could just barrel roll off of them what's the point? Where's the danger?

The danger is that they get placed on the board AFTER the perform action step for everyone, so whoever they hit the turn you launch them can't shake them.

You also need to, you know, HAVE the barrel roll action available to you. Any ship without it has to get someone to shoot them off or aim for an obstacle so they can't be placed at the front. And not be stressed/lose your action so you can actually roll if you have the action.

And they stick around on the board, rolling them off doesn't remove them from play. They become something else on the board you need to avoid.

Plus, rolling to remove them then, in most cases, leaves you tokenless and maybe not in the position you wanted to be, and therefore you could end up taking attacks that end up giving you more than just the 1 crit damage that the Buzz Droids would have.

And if buzz droids are attached to, let's say, PS5 ship (to which they have sticked the previous turn) and other PS1 ship moves through it, buzz droids has to jump from PS5 ship onto a PS1 ship, correct? It seems to me, that yes, if I read the card correctly.

11 minutes ago, Jedu said:

And if buzz droids are attached to, let's say, PS5 ship (to which they have sticked the previous turn) and other PS1 ship moves through it, buzz droids has to jump from PS5 ship onto a PS1 ship, correct? It seems to me, that yes, if I read the card correctly.

That is correct. 

Correct me if I am wrong. If an enemy ship moves through my Buzz Droids and rams his wingman with a rock at his rear guides. The buzz droids would be destroyed and the ship that flew through them takes a damage because you cannot assign them to an unobstructed guide. But, if the wingman crashes into the ship with an assigned Buzz Swarm I could just assign it to an unobstructed ship guide of the wingman because he overlapped them.

If the wingman has no unobstructed guides after bumping his ally through the droids, would both the bumping ship and the ship with the initially assigned Swarm, take a damage along with the Buzz Droids, or do you have to choose one ship that will receive the damage? (see the poorly drawn example below)

From Vulture Droid Rules Insert posted on X-Wing: Second Edition Wiki

https://xwing-miniatures-second-edition.fandom.com/wiki/Remote 

Buzz Droid Swarm

Buzz droid swarm is a remote.

System Phase, Activation, and End Phase: No effect.

Engagement Phase: When you engage, each enemy ship at range 0 of the buzz droid swarm suffers 1 Icon damage crit damage.

Other Rules: After an enemy ship overlaps or moves through a buzz droid swarm, the swarm's controlling player relocates it by aligning the tab to that ship's front or rear guides (this ship is at range 0 of the swarm).

The swarm cannot be aligned to a set of the ship's guides if doing so would cause it to overlap an object. If the swarm cannot be place at a chosen set of guides, it's controlling player must align it to the other set of the ship's guides.

If it cannot be aligned to the other set, the swarm and the enemy ship that overlapped or moved through it each suffer 1 Icon damage hit damage.

Exampe.PNG.25bea73db9e425c384cd636fc89d2b80.PNG

21 minutes ago, SILENT FURY said:

Correct me if I am wrong. If an enemy ship moves through my Buzz Droids and rams his wingman with a rock at his rear guides. The buzz droids would be destroyed and the ship that flew through them takes a damage because you cannot assign them to an unobstructed guide. But, if the wingman crashes into the ship with an assigned Buzz Swarm I could just assign it to an unobstructed ship guide of the wingman because he overlapped them.

If the wingman has no unobstructed guides after bumping his ally through the droids, would both the bumping ship and the ship with the initially assigned Swarm, take a damage along with the Buzz Droids, or do you have to choose one ship that will receive the damage? (see the poorly drawn example below)

First, nice diagram, and a good question as well!

My understanding is that the 'active' ship would be the one to suffer the damage, which in your diagram would be ship 2. Ship 2 initiated the overlap, triggering the attempted relocation, so it would follow that it would suffer the damage.

22 hours ago, SILENT FURY said:

the droids would trigger on the first ship and move with it, forcing you to align it to its front guides, because it would overlap the asteroid in the rear guides. the second ship would then overlap the droids, triggering them and forcing the droids and the second ship to take a damage each, since the swarm would be unable to align to the seconds ships front or rear guides because the swarm would overlap the other asteroid in the rear guides or the first ship in the front guides.

there is no choice, only the second ship and the droids take a damage each.

On 3/26/2019 at 8:46 AM, Jedu said:

I still can't find a clear answer. The reference card added in vulture droid blister doesn't really clarify this.

If enemy ship flies into buzz droids and I place them:

1) in the front guides, and then enemy ship performs a barrel roll;

2) in the rear guides, and then enemy ship performs a barrel roll or boosts/SLAMs;

3) in the rear guides, and next turn enemy ship performs its normal manouver,

are the buzz droids going to stick to the ship and fly with it, even though the ship has repositioned and the template or the ship hasn't overlapped the buzz droids token?

How do you play them?

they don't stick through movement unless a ship moves through them during that movement. so basically, they don't stick if you barrel roll either way. they will follow the ship if it boosts, if they are stuck to the front of the ship, since the boost would be a movement through the droid swarm. if they are stuck to the back, boosting leaves them behind. the same goes for SLAMing (all assuming you're not SLAMing a reverse maneuver). if they are in the rear, a normal maneuver will also leave the droid swarm behind.

On 3/28/2019 at 4:41 AM, Anselmmunilev said:

Doesn't that defeat the point of buzz droids? If Obi-wan could just barrel roll off of them what's the point? Where's the danger?

Did Obi-Wan perform a barrel roll to shake them off in the movie? 😏

On 3/30/2019 at 8:27 AM, Arma Quattro said:
On 3/27/2019 at 8:41 PM, Anselmmunilev said:

Did Obi-Wan perform a barrel roll to shake them off in the movie? 😏

I think Obi-Wan already looked a little Panicked before the droids latched on, then he got a Damaged Sensor Array (They're shutting down all the controls!) when the droid swarm engaged ;)

latest?cb=20180514202954latest?cb=20180514202827

On 3/29/2019 at 10:49 PM, SILENT FURY said:

This diagram looks like some sort of instruction regarding a blocked septic system...

10 minutes ago, Dr Zoidberg said:

This diagram looks like some sort of instruction regarding a blocked septic system...

To be fair, some consider Buzz Droids to be on the same level or lower in the ranking of things they want to deal with in life. :)