(6) Outmaneuver

(48) Black Sun Assassin [StarViper-class Attack Platform]
(2) Fire-Control System
(6) Outmaneuver

(2) Fire-Control System
(6) Outmaneuver

Total points: 200

Any thoughts on this list would be welcome. I know this post will probably be overlooked due to the new releases but hey it's worth a try.

I want to take this to a store hyperspace tourney

On 3/24/2019 at 5:06 AM, stormblest said:

Viper x3 + Seevor

(30) Captain Seevor [Modified TIE/ln Fighter]
(2) Trick Shot

(2) Fire-Control System
(6) Outmaneuver

(2) Fire-Control System
(6) Outmaneuver

(2) Fire-Control System
(6) Outmaneuver

Any thoughts on this list would be welcome. I know this post will probably be overlooked due to the new releases but hey it's worth a try.

I want to take this to a store hyperspace tourney

Interesting to say the least :) I don't think that Outmaneuvers are worth it. This made me thinking though. Ditching one StarVipers gives an option to field another Ship!!. Look:

Captain Seevor (30)
Trick Shot (2)

Black Sun Enforcer (46)
Fire-Control System (2)

Black Sun Enforcer (46)
Fire-Control System (2)

Zealous Recruit (44)

L3-37 (Escape Craft) (26)
Tactical Officer (2)
Total: 200

Still Hyperspace. One ship more. Assassins downgraded to Enforcers because no talent is used on them. Naked basic Fang offers a nice substitution to the third StarViper (There is a possibility to exchange him and trick shot for a third Enforcer - I suggest Fang because I don't have 3rd Viper and I like the concept:) ). As the icing on the cake we have L3-37 in Escape Craft to give some coordination. I think this has some legs but would be difficult to fly effectively.

My only request is that if you go with original design, you call it Seevipers. 

Your actual list looks really good! Vipers are always good (even if Guri got nerfed a bit), and 18 health with 11 attack dice isn't anything to sneeze at. 

2 hours ago, Cow-of-Doom said:

My only request is that if you go with original design, you call it Seevipers. 

Your actual list looks really good! Vipers are always good (even if Guri got nerfed a bit), and 18 health with 11 attack dice isn't anything to sneeze at. 

"Seevipers"

(5) Juke
(6) Afterburners

(2) Fire-Control System
(3) Elusive

(2) Fire-Control System
(3) Elusive

(2) Fire-Control System
(3) Elusive

Modified a touch. What about this list? 

On 3/25/2019 at 12:04 AM, Greebwahn said:

Hey man, it could work! On paper, its certainly solid

Or this one . . . ?

(5) Juke
(6) Afterburners

(2) Fire-Control System
(3) Elusive

(2) Fire-Control System
(3) Elusive

(2) Fire-Control System
(3) Elusive

Thoughts would be that Seevor will attack and break a lock or burn a green token with Jam. Juke to block any other evades. 

I liked outmaneuver on the vipers in the first list because it is unlikely that the ships I will be attacking will have all three of them in arc every single round. If I could even proc that EPT twice, it is a win.

On 3/25/2019 at 11:49 AM, BoskiChe said:

I don't think that Outmaneuvers are worth it.

Why, if you dont mind me asking? Even with the low Initiative it is unlikely that the target will have ALL THREE starvipers in arc..

12 hours ago, stormblest said:

Why, if you dont mind me asking? Even with the low Initiative it is unlikely that the target will have ALL THREE starvipers in arc..

I see Your point,  but You are paying premium points for it on a platform with relatively low initiative. In this list  it is 18 points to due to quantity to lower agility of one ship for one attack.  I don't see this trade worth it. It is a worst tracktor beam basically. 

Outmanuever is good for aces,  but spamming it,  reduces the amount of ships You are going to field. 

2 hours ago, BoskiChe said:

I see Your point,  but You are paying premium points for it on a platform with relatively low initiative. In this list  it is 18 points to due to quantity to lower agility of one ship for one attack.  I don't see this trade worth it. It is a worst tracktor beam basically. 

Outmanuever is good for aces,  but spamming it,  reduces the amount of ships You are going to field. 

On any other platform I’d agree, but the difficulty in predicting where StarVipers are going to end up makes it very useful in this case.

Besides, on the basis of wanting to stick with the particular ships in the original list, your options for an extra ship are quite limited... with no upgrades on any ship you have 26 points to play with, or 32 if you drop the Assassins to Enforcers.

So an Escape Pod, MGT or Z-95 at best. The pod might be interesting for coordinate, but I’m not sure the extra action justifies the potential hinderance of tying a ‘Viper to R2 of it.

1 hour ago, DaProfezzur said:

I think that FCS makes no sense, they'll be doing BR or focus actions and will not be able to get a TL.

Having played the list in the original post, I agree... target locking wasn’t generally an action I had either much opportunity or inclination to take. I did try a couple with the two ‘Vipers I managed to get behind my opponents list, but they disappeared when the 1-Agi ship I locked quickly evaporated due to having no defence dice to roll!

Removing FCS from all 3 gives you the points to add either a Collision Detector on one ‘Viper or Afterburners on Seevor...

51 minutes ago, DexterOnone said:

On any other platform I’d agree, but the difficulty in predicting where StarVipers are going to end up makes it very useful in this case.

Besides, on the basis of wanting to stick with the particular ships in the original list, your options for an extra ship are quite limited... with no upgrades on any ship you have 26 points to play with, or 32 if you drop the Assassins to Enforcers.

So an Escape Pod, MGT or Z-95 at best. The pod might be interesting for coordinate, but I’m not sure the extra action justifies the potential hinderance of tying a ‘Viper to R2 of it.

See my proposal in the thread. Basically ditching out Outmanuever, downgrading Assassins to enforcers give points for a L3-37 Escape Pod, which is a very good trade-off. 

53 minutes ago, DexterOnone said:
2 hours ago, DaProfezzur said:

I think that FCS makes no sense, they'll be doing BR or focus actions and will not be able to get a TL.

Having played the list in the original post, I agree... target locking wasn’t generally an action I had either much opportunity or inclination to take. I did try a couple with the two ‘Vipers I managed to get behind my opponents list, but they disappeared when the 1-Agi ship I locked quickly evaporated due to having no defence dice to roll!

Removing FCS from all 3 gives you the points to add either a Collision Detector on one ‘Viper or Afterburners on Seevor...

I actually Like FCS on them. It is very cheap and there are situations when You can land a Target Lock without sacrificing much. It is not that there are torpedoes onboard or something. FCS is nice system especially for those platforms. Once You have a lock action efficiency is dramatically better for a small cost.

See my proposal in the thread. Basically ditching out Outmanuever, downgrading Assassins to enforcers give points for a L3-37 Escape Pod, which is a very good trade-off.

Fair point... I’d somewhat skimmed over that because you also dropped on of the ‘Vipers down to a Fang, which I certainly wouldn’t want to do!

But I’m still not sure it’s a ‘very’ good trade off, as keeping it in range for co-ordinate potentially hampers the overall  manoeuvrability of the list.

I actually Like FCS on them. It is very cheap and there are situations when You can land a Target Lock without sacrificing much. It is not that there are torpedoes onboard or something. FCS is nice system especially for those platforms. Once You have a lock action efficiency is dramatically better for a small cost.

In principle I agree... and I’d probably consider leaving it on if I was dropping the Outmanoeuvre. In practice, however, you want to be repositioning a lot to make it difficult for your opponent to predict where you’ll be - which limits the opportunities for taking a lock.

16 hours ago, DexterOnone said:
18 hours ago, BoskiChe said:

Fair point... I’d somewhat skimmed over that because you also dropped on of the ‘Vipers down to a Fang, which I certainly wouldn’t want to do!

But I’m still not sure it’s a ‘very’ good trade off, as keeping it in range for co-ordinate potentially hampers the overall  manoeuvrability of the list.

You only need to be in range for one ship. I think it is doable, especially L3-37 has the same Initiative as Enforcers. This gives additional flexibility. You can also coordinate Seevor to Jam and then move :)

16 hours ago, DexterOnone said:
18 hours ago, BoskiChe said:

In principle I agree... and I’d probably consider leaving it on if I was dropping the Outmanoeuvre. In practice, however, you want to be repositioning a lot to make it difficult for your opponent to predict where you’ll be - which limits the opportunities for taking a lock.

FCS is a gimmick, this is why it is 2 points :) Having access to coordinate allows for an easier Locks. If not there are always times during the game when You don't have anybody in arc and You are not in an arc.

(2) Trick Shot

(46) Black Sun Enforcer [StarViper-class Attack Platform]
(2) Fire-Control System

(46) Black Sun Enforcer [StarViper-class Attack Platform]
(2) Fire-Control System

(24) Mining Guild Sentry [Modified TIE/ln Fighter]

The biggest issue is Seevors I3 the vipers are I2 and the Ties are I1 

I thought the Ties can be used for blockers, vipers for fire power and seevor for token stripping. 

Having so many ships should help in limiting options for the opponent in regards to arc dodging. 

I was kicking around a similar idea, but including Fenn Rau because he is a monster:

Fenn Rau: Predator

Seevor

Black Sun Assassin

Black Sun Assassin

196 Points.

With practice, you can do great things with Fenn Rau.  You just have to learn when to engage/disengage with him so he stays alive and threatens the board.  I went with BSA for two reasons; first they match I3 with Seevor for ease of maneuver selection.  Second, they are effectively mini-aces to anything that moves before them.  With all of I1s and I2s on the table lately they could do some amazing work for their low cost.  Add in Seevor shooting before them to strip a defensive token and their may be something here.

The downside is that this is 17 hit points behind 3 agility so well considered flying is required.  There isn't a whole lot of lists that this want's to joust with, so probably bring the biggest asteroids possible and use bait and flank, hit and run tactics.

I like the ideas! 

Flying the fang is beyond me, so I'd go for a different flavor. All initiative three. Small bid because why not. 

Black Sun Assassin (48)
Trick Shot (2)
Fire-Control System (2)

Black Sun Assassin (48)
Trick Shot (2)
Fire-Control System (2)

Captain Seevor (30)
Elusive (3)

Outer Rim Pioneer (28)
Tactical Officer (2)

Black Sun Soldier (27)
Intimidation (3)
Total: 197

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Edited by flooze

On 3/25/2019 at 5:49 PM, BoskiChe said:

Captain Seevor (30)
Trick Shot (2)

Black Sun Enforcer (46)
Fire-Control System (2)

Black Sun Enforcer (46)
Fire-Control System (2)

Zealous Recruit (44)

L3-37 (Escape Craft) (26)
Tactical Officer (2)

I took this for a spin. It dominated 5 Interceptor list (I know it is not the best in the world). However it has the same amount of ships as mine and all of them have higher initiative.  I have a knack for playing unnamed characters/units in all game systems. For whatever reason generics always perform well for me. This was also true this time. My dice loved me. I've pulled a great block using The Recruit. After it I have lost 3 HP from one StarViper and managed to destroy 2 Interceptors. Then it was downhill.

Couple of observations:

1. Seevor's ability never triggered. My opponent was blocked almost every time either by me or by himself.
  2. FCS wasn't used at all. Locks I had, I used to re-roll more than one dice.
  3. Coordination for generic ships is golden.
  4. Trick Shot on Seevor is a luxury item. It delivered a killing blow but it doesn't matter. 

I think that the real tweak for this list is to go with:

Captain Seevor (30)

Black Sun Assassin (48)

Black Sun Assassin (48)

Zealous Recruit (44)

Outer Rim Pioneer (28)
Tactical Officer (2)

Rack up to Initiative 3 for all ships barring the best blocker Scum have: The Recruit! Having all pieces the same initiative helps. Lack of FCS does not invite to take locks when it I snot beneficial. I see this list as my go-to Scum for now.