Sign in to follow this  
Innsmouth13

Kingsport and punishing a success role...

Is it just me or do some of the kingsport cards seem to punish a good roleenfadado.gif.  One of the other world cards reads:

The Underworld

Nuguth-Yug demands homage be paid to Noden, his lord. Discard any number of clue tokens, then roll that many dice.  Your Sanity and Stamina are reduced to the number of successes you roll. If they are reduced to zero, or if you have no Clue tokens to discard, you are devoured.

I think there are other cards that screw investigators for successful roles but dont have time to hunt through the deck.

Innsmouth13 said:

Is it just me or do some of the kingsport cards seem to punish a good roleenfadado.gif.  One of the other world cards reads:

The Underworld

Nuguth-Yug demands homage be paid to Noden, his lord. Discard any number of clue tokens, then roll that many dice.  Your Sanity and Stamina are reduced to the number of successes you roll. If they are reduced to zero, or if you have no Clue tokens to discard, you are devoured.

I think there are other cards that screw investigators for successful roles but dont have time to hunt through the deck.

First, I suppose you meant to write 'roll', second, I guess you've been misreading the card:

Sanity and Stamina are set TO the number of successes, they are not decreased BY the number of successes.