Da_Brown_Bomber

Are you buying republic, separatists or neither?

Posted (edited)

Are you buying republic, separatists or neither? [or BOTH??]

me? maybe republic but lets wait and see.

I'm playing scum and rebels... eyeing up buying an Arc-170 for a 4 ship rebels, even tho the republic Arc-170 pilots look a bit more interesting.

I only discovered yesterday that the Arc-170 is playable by republic and rebel factions. Haha. That info slipped under the radar because iv only ever played scum in 2.0 and shipped most of my rebel conversion kit dials and pilot cards to a friend who plays rebels (i took the Moldy Crow title and a selection of X,B,Y and YT-1300 pilots i needed to round out my 1.0 rebel ships).

I am going to see how the meta develops. I'm wondering if the republic aethersprites are going to be as good as they are popular.

B-Wings and Bombers being unleashed in hyperspace is interesting and will likely give the empire and rebels a key ship to base a list around or a hard hitting ship to beef up existing squads.

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

Both :D

I got in a couple games with just a bit of the new stuff, but unfortunately a busy weekend means I'll only get to fly it in it's full glory on Monday night... D&D is on Tuesday, and we leave for Adepticon on Wednesday. And after my first multi-day tournament there's no telling how long of a break I'll need from this game 😅

Sad I don't have more time right now, but still looking forward to trying them out more.

Seps. Been looking forwards to putting droids on the mat since the first preview article. Planned purchase list at the moment is 1 SoS, 3x Vulture singles, 1 Infiltrator and 2x Hyenas when they release, pending available funds. Have to replace our home's evaporative cooler first though, the bottom is almost rusted through...

Posted (edited)

Both.

I dont know if Separatists are S-Tier competitive but fun to play.

You want a wall of them to always have one with a bullseye.

Grappling struts are too expensive I feel.

Calculates go quick so Kraken is really good. And if you have Kraken, Sear allows for crack shot.

Heres my current thinking on CIS

Kraken Shell Swarm (range 2-3 only) - Best Far Distance / Closing

Kraken (3 calc carried) - so double mod shot with crit

Hunters bullseye reroll

Haors might get you a lock as well at range 0-2

Kraken Crack Swarm - Best Close (range 1)

Kraken (3 calc carried) to allow double mod primary shots

Captain Sear (crackshot with bullseye and calc)

Hunters and Haors (Init 1 blockers - if ignored and bullseye trigger - then next turn k-turn for modded shot)

Buzz Swarm - Best Medium

Only 3 and pricey one shots

Good against non-barrel rolling ships - so near useless against Jedi

Auto one damage potentially against swarms - maybe good deterrence to jousters

Hit TV Swarm - best medium

Squad Primary TV-94 -  3 hits possible at ranges 2-3 spend calc

TV-94 (calc to add hit with 2 dice or less) SO NOT RANGE 1

Need rerolls and mods so Hunter and Hadr

Add Sear and DFS-311 to add hit and crack to one ship - decide bullseye at engagement

Edited by aswitcher

1 hour ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

I'm playing scum and rebels... eyeing up buying an Arc-170 for a 4 ship rebels, even tho the republic Arc-170 pilots look a bit more interesting.

I only discovered yesterday that the Arc-170 is playable by republic and rebel factions.

Just don't forget that it is currently only Hyperspace Legal with Republic.

1 minute ago, Innese said:

Just don't forget that it is currently only Hyperspace Legal with Republic.

kk. didnt realise. thanx for the heads up. this means im not in a real hurry to get one. rebels will be my faction for the next little while. im hanging up my scum boots periodically.

Just now, ScummyRebel said:

Neither. Already have a lot of factions. Would rather just buy stuff for factions I own as it comes and hope that I can get some of the cool new stuff that way.

Like the Clone Wars era, sure. Just a matter of costs and if I get enough time to play as it is.

Wise indeed. I know i have plenty of rebel and scum ships to tide me over. seems quite wasteful to just keep buying and buying new stuff when u have lots that ur not playing with.

In time i expect some of the force upgrades to become easy to pick up from ppl who have multiples.

I wonder if people actually have a long term plan for developing their fleets.

1.0 taught us not to just keep buying everything. those ppl got burned when 2.0 hit.

If u started playing towards the end of 1.0 you probably didnt have too many ships yet. Those ppl who just started playing when 2.0 dropped are ok but might be repeating the same mistakes that 'we' made.

Financially it makes sense to stick to a small number of factions. With 7 factions available. Depends on ur budget and how much you play. Hard to justify spending massive amounts when ur not playing that often. Depends on the local scene near you. Everyone has their own formula.

13 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

I have only preordered Republic, but after playing vs Separatist on vassal I just have to get them too.

Maul, Grievous and calculating droids hanging out on rocks - it's just tons of fun.

maul is way undercosted. the dial. 3 force. he should be cross faction scum pilot. :)

Both. Although I’ve got a full collection. I’ve been hoping they’d do Clone Wars for some time, so I had to go for it. I have to say, even though the ships got smaller and yet more expensive, FFG did a good job making these new ships feel different and adding new, fun mechanics and pieces to the game.

I’ll be getting at least two more vultures and telling myself daily I don’t need to buy more Aethersprites and repaint them in all the Jedi colors.