Sign in to follow this  
kingofpain97

Can Dooku (pilot) remove target lock?

latest?cb=20190225181317

Is Dooku allowed to removed a target lock as a red token when spending a force after defending and they are in your arc?  Also, if removing a cloak token, does it count as a decloak, or is the token just removed?  Just wanted to clear it up before I gave him a try for the first time.

Posted (edited)

Yes. Locks are red tokens and can be removed from his ability.

RR pg 12

An object is locked while it has at least one lock token assigned to it.
Lock tokens are red tokens.

No, removing the cloak token is not the same as decloaking. In order to decloak, you have to Spend the cloak token, not simply remove it.

Edited by Lyianx

14 minutes ago, Lyianx said:

RR pg 12

No, removing the cloak token is not the same as decloaking. In order to decloak, you have to Spend the cloak token, not simply remove it.

That’s what I thought for both of those, just wanted to make sure I didn’t start making any bad habits, and telling the other players in my area that’s how it’s played.

11 hours ago, Lyianx said:

His ability only applies to HIS red tokens. I would say that red target lock tokens are not his tokens, so he cannot remove them because they are his opponent's.

On 3/23/2019 at 12:47 PM, jcohn82 said:

His ability only applies to HIS red tokens. I would say that red target lock tokens are not his tokens, so he cannot remove them because they are his opponent's.

he can remove his opponent's TL, they are red

yes, lock tokens are assigned to the ship being locked - and since "you" or in this case "your" is referring to the ship the text is on, you can definitely remove a lock assigned to you.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nj3478 said:

he can remove his opponent's TL, they are red

@jcohn82 is pointing out that Dooku's ability reads "remove 1 of your red or blue tokens," and that a lock token wouldn't belong to Dooku, so he can't remove it.

However I would say that "remove 1 of your red or blue tokens" means that you can remove any such token that is assigned to your ship, and origin/ownership are not relevant. As such Dooku can use his ability to remove an opponent's lock token from his ship, and he can't use it to remove his own lock token from another ship.

Edited by Maui.

So what happens if the cloak token is removed? I assume that he is just not cloaked but does not do a roll or boost. That may be the rule but it doesn't fit for my interpretation of the intent of cloak/de-cloak. I suspect the barrel boll/boost is there because the cloak makes it hard to locate the ship and it represents the error in calculating its location. I realize that you still measure, lock and shoot at the location- but I assumed that was a playability concession and the increased agility was the quickest mechanism to do get an equivalent effect.  If that is the case the boost/barrel roll would make sense to apply when then token is removed. But rules get written and interpreted after the initial intent concessions and here we are. Because it doesn't say anywhere that the de-cloak process is used, it is not used. Black letter rules over intent in my book but that happens a lot.

6 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

He just removes the token. He loses the benefit of decloaking...

...which also denies him the benefit of the Scimitar's other special ability, to assign jam tokens.  Just sayin'.  (The above is 100% correct, of course)

73d545fd02afd29fa8aa9e9015e7be6e.png