TBot

Ani!!!!

1 hour ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

I mean... exactly... so why not drop the 32pt Supernatural Reflexes...?  (or the 14pt Sideous)?

That's a question for after I get some matches in with the list.

Posted (edited)

Just flew this on vassal and it was pretty good. That 5k is a pretty **** useful maneuver. The seventh fleet gunners do a lot of work when they’re used on Anakin. Pretty cool that he can 5k, boost into range 1, lock, barrel roll if he needs to dodge arc, and finally focus or evade as needed. 89 points is a lot, but afterburners is probably not needed and it helps that the 104th battalion is so undercosted, and the seventh fleet gunners work really well with all of Anakins dice mods.

Temple Assault

(42) 104th Battalion Pilot [ARC-170 Starfighter]
(9) Seventh Fleet Gunner
(4) R2 Astromech

(9) Seventh Fleet Gunner
(4) R2 Astromech

(60) Anakin Skywalker [Delta-7 Aethersprite]
(18) Delta-7B
(6) Afterburners
(5) R4-P17

Total points: 199

Edited by Tvboy

50 minutes ago, Tvboy said:

Just flew this on vassal and it was pretty good. That 5k is a pretty **** useful maneuver. The seventh fleet gunners do a lot of work when they’re used on Anakin. Pretty cool that he can 5k, boost into range 1, lock, barrel roll if he needs to dodge arc, and finally focus or evade as needed. 89 points is a lot, but afterburners is probably not needed and it helps that the 104th battalion is so undercosted, and the seventh fleet gunners work really well with all of Anakins dice mods.

Temple Assault

(9) Seventh Fleet Gunner
(4) R2 Astromech

(9) Seventh Fleet Gunner
(4) R2 Astromech

(18) Delta-7B
(6) Afterburners
(5) R4-P17

You could swap out Afterburners for Brilliant Evasion

13 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

Why? Afterburners can be used after a k-turn to proc Ani’s ability.

Just now, GLEXOR said:

Why? Afterburners can be used after a k-turn to proc Ani’s ability.

Same cost as Afterburners and @Tvboy said he felt it wasn't needed.

Provides another tool and I'm not sure that his ability would proc off of Afterburners since it states "after you fully execute a maneurver". You'd have to proc the ability THEN activate Afterburners, which you wouldn't need unless you just don't have or want to spend the Force Charge for Fine Tuned Controls.

I think it is a "flavor to taste" situation

1 minute ago, NeonWolf said:

Same cost as Afterburners and @Tvboy said he felt it wasn't needed.

Provides another tool and I'm not sure that his ability would proc off of Afterburners since it states "after you fully execute a maneurver". You'd have to proc the ability THEN activate Afterburners, which you wouldn't need unless you just don't have or want to spend the Force Charge for Fine Tuned Controls.

I think it is a "flavor to taste" situation

Both abilities happen “after you fully execute a maneuver”. So you place them both in the queue, and activate afterburners first, then when it is time to check for the conditional statement in Ani’s ability, you will be at range one or have someone in bullseye.

1 hour ago, Tvboy said:

Temple Assault

(9) Seventh Fleet Gunner
(4) R2 Astromech

(9) Seventh Fleet Gunner
(4) R2 Astromech

(18) Delta-7B
(6) Afterburners
(5) R4-P17

Ohhhh, I really like that build, might give it a try actually.

19 minutes ago, GLEXOR said:

Both abilities happen “after you fully execute a maneuver”. So you place them both in the queue, and activate afterburners first, then when it is time to check for the conditional statement in Ani’s ability, you will be at range one or have someone in bullseye.

*shrug* ...ok...

Its a suggestion for a different option. You don't have to use it...

10 hours ago, NeonWolf said:

BE is actually terrible on 2 agility ships. For comparison is more than twice as likely to proc Heroic on defense than a 7b is to proc BE. I would definitely run BE on ships with Calibrated Laser, there’s some nice synergy there.

when I said Ani didn’t need Afterburners, I meant for other lists that didn’t have the 6 points to spare because of other ships in the list needing them and that you shouldn’t run Afterburners before including R4-P17. I’m actually considering dropping burners for Spare Parts Canisters as a way to ditch locks and to have a bid.

There is actually an interesting spectrum of Anakin builds that could be successful.

75 R4P17 + Calibrated Laser

79 R4P17 + Calibrated Laser

81 R4P17 + Calibrated Laser + Brilliant Evasion

83 R4P17 + Delta 7B

87 R4P17 + Delta 7B + Spare Parts Canister

89 R4P17 + Delta 7B + Afterburners

110 Supernatural Reflexes + Deta 7B

115 Supernatural Reflexes + R4P17 + Delta 7B

And strangely enough, almost no matter how expensive you make him, you can fit him in a list with 2 ARC-170s because they’re so cheap.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, mazz0 said:

Ah.  That's almost cheating!

Because SR Kylo and I are in a relationship, I looked at SR Anakin.

At first glance, he looks awesome with it. 3 Force charges and I 6, with boost and barrel roll. 

BUT

the chassis has two problems:

1) No double reposition before you reveal your dial.

2) You have to spend a force to reposition after your maneuver. So if you're using SR (1 charge) and still end up in a bad position+you want your regular Focus/TL, you have to use another charge to reposition again, which leaves Anakin with 1 charge left. Sadly you start the next round with only 2 charges. If you have to repeat that process, Anakin will definetly not become Vader.

Edited by Ryuneke

3 hours ago, Ryuneke said:

At first glance, he looks awesome with it. 3 Force charges and I 6, with boost and barrel roll. 

BUT

2) You have to spend a force to reposition after your maneuver. So if you're using SR (1 charge) and still end up in a bad position+you want your regular Focus/TL, you have to use another charge to reposition again, which leaves Anakin with 1 charge left. Sadly you start the next round with only 2 charges. If you have to repeat that process, Anakin will definetly not become Vader.

I'd say that's just Kylo being crazy powerful with SR, rather than a "problem" with the Aethersprite.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mazz0 said:

I'd say that's just Kylo being crazy powerful with SR, rather than a "problem" with the Aethersprite.

Kylo is also on a ship that is more resilient, too, but (and this is something I keep harping about the force) the built in action economy of autothrusters and vectored thrusters is just more efficient right now.  Paying the force point is a tougher choice than stressing on the thrusters ship.  Of course, Kylo gets the best of both, but I think it's that the Silencer is just a better platform, so -- at least unless cost changes -- it may be a problem with the sprite.

Edited by AlexW

5 hours ago, Ryuneke said:

BUT

SNR isn't amazing on the Aetherspite in general.  It "only" lets you do your ship ability before you move instead of after.  On Kylo, Vader, or a TIE/v1, you can use the SNR action link, afterburners, or pilot ability to add an extra action.  They can do a lot more to leverage the pre-move action for higher action economy.  Luke gains a big benefit in that it allows him to trade his essentially unlimited force for actions, which he can't do without SNR.  But on most Aethersprite pilots, it's only a one pre-dial movement action.  Don't get me wrong, that's still pretty good.  But others can leverage it more.

Where SNR seems quite potent on Anakin is the way he can get rid of stress depending on where he lands.  Pre-move actions can go a long way to making sure he'll have bullseye or range 1 for clearing stress.  In this way, Anakin is also able to leverage pre-move actions into extra action economy.

5 hours ago, Tvboy said:

BE is actually terrible on 2 agility ships. For comparison is more than twice as likely to proc Heroic on defense than a 7b is to proc BE. I would definitely run BE on ships with Calibrated Laser, there’s some nice synergy there.

when I said Ani didn’t need Afterburners, I meant for other lists that didn’t have the 6 points to spare because of other ships in the list needing them and that you shouldn’t run Afterburners before including R4-P17. I’m actually considering dropping burners for Spare Parts Canisters as a way to ditch locks and to have a bid.

There is actually an interesting spectrum of Anakin builds that could be successful.

115 Supernatural Reflexes + R4P17 + Delta 7B

And strangely enough, almost no matter how expensive you make him, you can fit him in a list with 2 ARC-170s because they’re so cheap.

I'm not sure I'd go R4-P17 on SNR Anakin.  In some ways, it feels a bit redundant.  SNR, R4-P17, and Afterburners are all going to be quite potent at making sure that after you're done with a red move, you'll be in position to clear a stress.  But If I have SNR (with a pre-move boost or barrel roll, do I really need also a post-move boost or barrel roll to get Range 1?  I guess it could get me a Lock, though), and maybe can afford Afterburners, I keep being tempted by R2 Astromech.  Regen isn't as easy as 1e, but I think it's still good.  Forcing an opponent to chew through five shields instead of three shields to get half-points on a 114-120 point ship is really appealing to me.

That said, redundancy is another term for consistency.  SNR/R4-P17/Canister is going to be super consistent at being able to clear stress on red moves.  I'm sure they both work fine, and I've just got my own preference.

On 3/22/2019 at 9:05 AM, TBot said:

I was a little underwhelmed by Obi. I didnt use his ability once. I may end up settling on Ani + 2 arcs. I do think r2 should probably be stapled to him. He is amazing at fleeing. And you can recharge your force pool and sheild pool while youre fleeing.

Still hard to beat an i5 Force user with repositioning. It's kinda like Kylo. His ability is OK but more often than not, you shouldn't bother with it.

23 minutes ago, FriendofYoda said:

How'd it go? Any other match ups you've tried yet?

I'm thinking about an Anakin, Wolffe, Luminara build also

I just played Anakin, Wolffe, and Mace. Worked pretty well vs 4 rza2 and an Xwing

40 minutes ago, FriendofYoda said:

How'd it go? Any other match ups you've tried yet?

I'm thinking about an Anakin, Wolffe, Luminara build also

It went well i presented them obi. And used the torrents as blockers. Obi survived long enough. He got ani to the end game where it was ani against 2 ships. Ani danced and picked the final two apart.

Only 1 game so far. I want to add r2 to ani. And add wolfe and a generic arc with 7th gunner for more punch.

20 minutes ago, Rangor said:

I just played Anakin, Wolffe, and Mace. Worked pretty well vs 4 rza2 and an Xwing

Nice wolf looks great. How was sam jackson?

I played a list with Anakin with 7b and Obi-Wan with calibrated laser, and I feel like the calibrated laser is better.  With the repositioning got the extra focus result on all but one round.  

I want to report back after playing the first four games with SR Anakin. This was the list:

Anakin Skywalker (60)
Supernatural Reflexes (32)
R2 Astromech (4)
Delta-7B (18)

104th Battalion Pilot (42)

104th Battalion Pilot (42)
Total: 198

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

I played against 4 slightly different Seperatist squads.

SR Anakin is nearly impossible to catch and can punch quite hard, his ablility with SR is awesome. The biggest letdown is that he's burning his force so fast, if you aren't careful. Because I had to SR and reposition afterwards + regular action, I sometimes ended up with 0-1 force at the end of the round. 

The other thing that feels strange is only having 2 green dice on an ace. But in all 4 games I played he never dropped to half hp, because of 1) impossible to catch 2) R2 Astromech, which is awesome on him.

BUT

just 2 generic Arcs cant carry the list and Anakin can't, either. I won those 4 games because I think that the seperatist faction is overprized, not because my list is so good. While playing, I was thinking about all the terror I can run into with my list (Rebel Beef, Tie Salad, Resistance A-Wings < Oh Oh!) which causes Anakin to nothing but running away for 75 minutes.

Despite the fact that SR Anakin is awesome to fly, SR is not the way to go here. My buddy Kylo got Quickdraw and Null as wingmans; Anakin don't.

I nearly forgot the most important thing I found out: SR Kylo is better imo. Double reposition before he moves is way better than Anakin. With SR Kylo I never had force problems, despite the fact that he only has 2 charges.
And because of Kylos 3 agility, I can play him a bit more aggressive than Anakin.

Goodbye SR Ani!