Seventh Fleet Gunner (9)
Hull Upgrade (3)

Plo Koon (51)
R2 Astromech (4)
Delta-7B (17)
Spare Parts Canisters (4)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Of course I couldn’t put it on the table but it looks solid on paper. The trick in that list is a follows....

With two 7th fleet gunners, 2 ships in that list can attack with 4 attack dice, which are decently modded. Wollfe gets a reroll, Jag can get a lock if your opponent shoots at a friend and Plo has the force. The gunner needs to recharge by taking a disarm token in the system phase. Plo can take that token at the beginning of the engagement phase, so the arc can attack again, if necessary. This gives this list lots of flexibility. Plo also got the R4 to recharge a shield when he’s disarmed and spare parts for more charges or to break some locks.

I gave them shield hull upgrade and a crack shot because I had the points. But there might be other things to consider instead.

I also think that this list gives your opponent a tough choice, who to kill first because Jag can get free locks. If you kill him first, fine, he’s the weakest ship.

Looks solid on paper. What are your thoughts?

Edited by Ryuneke

2 hours ago, Ryuneke said:

"Jag" (49)
Seventh Fleet Gunner (9)
Shield Upgrade (4)

"Wolffe" (51)
Crack Shot (1)
Seventh Fleet Gunner (9)
Shield Upgrade (4)

Plo Koon (51)
R2 Astromech (4)
Delta-7B (17)
Total: 199

Of course I couldn’t put it on the table but it looks solid on paper. The trick in that list is a follows....

With two 7th fleet gunners, 2 ships in that list can attack with 4 attack dice, which are decently modded. Wollfe gets a reroll, Jag can get a lock if your opponent shoots at a friend and Plo has the force. The gunner needs to recharge by taking a disarm token in the system phase. Plo can take that token at the beginning of the engagement phase, so the arc can attack again, if necessary. This gives this list lots of flexibility. Plo also got the R4 to recharge a shield when he’s disarmed. 

I gave them shield upgrade and a crack shot because I had the points. But there might be other things to consider instead.

I also think that this list gives your opponent a tough choice, who to kill first because Jag can get free locks. If you kill him first, fine, he’s the weakest ship.

Looks solid on paper. What are your thoughts?

I like it, the shield upgrade and crack shot don't feel like the right choices (as you mentioned). The only thing I could find that could be a upgrade is spare part canister on Plo to give him more regen or get rid of locks. This leaves you with 6 points which could go towards 2 hull upgrades on the arcs or some sort of EPT but not sure what would be more effective then 2 hull. 

Posted (edited)

You could take Palpatine

"Wolffe" (51)    
    Seventh Fleet Gunner (9)    

Ship total: 60  Half Points: 30  Threshold: 5    

"Jag" (49)    
    Chancellor Palpatine (14)    
    Seventh Fleet Gunner (9)    

Ship total: 72  Half Points: 36  Threshold: 5    

Plo Koon (51)    
    Delta-7B (17)    

Ship total: 68  Half Points: 34  Threshold: 3    

Total: 200    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic Republic&d=v6!s=200!342:,,,227,,:;339:,217,227,,:;312:,,201,:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Also, I don't think you can call this squad anything but Plo's Bros.

Edited by Yearfire

Mine is called Plo, Plo, Plo Your Boats...

Plo Bro's works :D

Following this with interest. Been trying to figure out if R3 and Sync Console add any actual usability to each other. Cheap combo if it can work.

Attracted to Battle Meditation Plo, double mod the 7th Gunner attacks with an I5 lock. Palp may figure... coord the coord and replenish Plos force at the same time. But I feel like the Palp ARC will not last long.

14 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

Palp may figure... coord the coord and replenish Plos force at the same time. But I feel like the Palp ARC will not last long.

Something is getting shot anyway, right? Might as well be the (arguably) worst endgame ship. Also, if your opponent prioritize Palp, you can use his peaceful side to stress them.

1 hour ago, Yearfire said:

Something is getting shot anyway, right? Might as well be the (arguably) worst endgame ship. Also, if your opponent prioritize Palp, you can use his peaceful side to stress them.

Good point, I keep forgetting he has a good side :D

The main reason I'm hesitant about including him is the potential for that ARC to get roasted in one turn. I'd feel more comfortable with those points contributing more reliably.

Still, the best traps have good bait ;)

Thank you all for your ideas. I renamed the topic to Plo Bros!

5 hours ago, Cuz05 said:

But I feel like the Palp ARC will not last long.

I totally agree because I want to give my opponent a tough choice on how to focus first. I also don’t see the benefit of him for the list. Maybe you can trigger his stress ability 2-3 of times or coordinate someone but I rather have a 3rd ship that can deal damage.

6 hours ago, K13R4N said:

I like it, the shield upgrade and crack shot don't feel like the right choices (as you mentioned). The only thing I could find that could be a upgrade is spare part canister on Plo to give him more regen or get rid of locks. This leaves you with 6 points which could go towards 2 hull upgrades on the arcs or some sort of EPT but not sure what would be more effective then 2 hull. 

Totally forgot about this upgrade. Awesome. I updated the list.

The basic outline of Plo, Jag, and Wolfe with 2 SFG seems really strong. Plo passes a focus to Jag round 1, so he and Wolfe have 4 dice, rerolled-focused attacks. Then, take 2 turns to reset for that.

So Plo really isn't there to hit. With that in mind, I wouldn't take a config at all.  R2 and spare parts gives him 3 regen, and leaves room for Palp on Jag for great versatility

Posted (edited)

Funny, my very first list looked very similar... it now has evolved into this:

Plo Koon (51)
R2 Astromech (4)
Calibrated Laser Targeting (8)

“Wolffe” (51)
Elusive (3)
Seventh Fleet Gunner (9)
R4-P17 (5)
Synchronized Console (2)

“Jag” (49)
Seventh Fleet Gunner (9)
R3 Astromech (3)
Synchronized Console (2)
Total: 196

A few thoughts:

- Not the biggest fan of 7B on I5 and higher - I feel like CLT is much more cost effective.

- 7th fleet gunner is amazing!

- Whole list is really fun to fly and feels like a Republic list should with all the handshaking, but you have to be careful who to joust against and when you wanna take your time setting up the initial engagement - ARCs die fast if focused :D

Only thing I'm not really sure about is Sync Console and R3... having 2 locks is nice and all, but so far hasn't made that much of a splash. Same with SC: It was a nice gimmick for the few times when Jag rolled no blanks at all, but usually Jag wants to use that TL for himself to make things go boom. Thought about switching all of these for 2 shield upgrades on the ARCs. Less fun and gimmicky, but probably more effective. I'm also facing a lot of lists in the 197-200 points range around here, so going from a 4 to a 3 point bid also seems a bit dangerous.

Edit: Oh, I also call the list Order 66 instead of Plo's Bros... 2 ARCs are what Plo flew with when the order was issued, after all. Oh yeah, and the slight detail that it was Jag who shot down Plo ;)

Edited by Marev

13 hours ago, Marev said:

Oh, I also call the list Order 66 instead of Plo's Bros... 2 ARCs are what Plo flew with when the order was issued, after all. Oh yeah, and the slight detail that it was Jag who shot down Plo

I don't think you're allowed to do that! 😭 Could we make this illegal please!

Ok so forgive me if this is a dumb question. I've just gotten back in after a 6 month hiatus. How does Jag use the Gunner ability without a charge? I must be missing something here.

13 minutes ago, migs6000 said:

Ok so forgive me if this is a dumb question. I've just gotten back in after a 6 month hiatus. How does Jag use the Gunner ability without a charge? I must be missing something here.

All cards that use charges also have charges themselves... it‘s the yellow number on the right.

Quick update: my current and likely final incarnation of the list is this:

Plo Koon (51)
Sense (6)
R2 Astromech (4)
Calibrated Laser Targeting (8)

“Wolffe” (51)
Seasoned Navigator (5)
Seventh Fleet Gunner (9)
R4-P Astromech (4)

“Jag” (49)
Seventh Fleet Gunner (9)
Total: 196

I played it at the Hyperspace tournament of the German System Open yesterday. Had an absolute blast and went 3:1 before I had to drop. The combination of Sense, Navigator and R4-P is really good!

5 hours ago, Dreadai said:

So you can replace some of the upgrades on Plo and the arcs with a whole extra Arc ... 

Plo Koon (51)

104th Battalion Pilot (42)
Seventh Fleet Gunner (9)

Seventh Fleet Gunner (9)

Clone Commander Cody (3)
Total: 198

Problem is: If you build it like this, Plo goes from potentially dangerous ace or supporter to toothless guy you can safely ignore. And ARCs die FAST. So you‘ll likely be stuck in an endgame where you have no viable endgame ship.

That being said, 3 ARCs + Jedi definitely has potential. Many generics are not my style, but I am going to try Plo, Sinker and 2 ARCs sometime soon.

Posted (edited)
On 3/22/2019 at 4:25 AM, Cuz05 said:

Following this with interest. Been trying to figure out if R3 and Sync Console add any actual usability to each other. Cheap combo if it can work.

It could be nice on an initial engagement if you're carrying torps on the lower initiative ships. But otherwise, these 3-die primary ships want to keep TLs for themselves.

But I guess you could pass it to another ship, who gets two TLs with R3. Then that ship spends its lock to give the other ship two TLs back with R3. I dunno how effective it is. Probably situational and would be nice if you're rolling nattys and can afford to give over the TL.

Edited by kempokid

So I was inspired by this build and decided to run with it, and so far it's been fun. I made some modifications with a friend who goes to my LGS. Here's what we came up with:

Plo Koon (82)

Stealth Device (8)

Delta-7B (17)

Brilliant Evasion (6)

104th Battalion Pilot (59)

Freelance Slicer (3)

R3 Astromech (3)

Synchronized Console (2)

Seventh Fleet Gunner (9)

104th Battalion Pilot (59)

Freelance Slicer (3)

R3 Astromech (3)

Synchronized Console (2)

Seventh Fleet Gunner (9)

Total: 200/200

Now, of course this gives you absolutely no bid whatsoever, yet there are significant benefits to this build.

The 4 dice at range 2-3, especially at 2, can be brutal for the opposing pilots. I have deleted aces on the first engagement a handful of times with this build. Having Plo with 4 dice and force can be ridiculous. 

The splicers are fun since you can erase any focuses or locks on your Arcs just by having a lock on them. It makes it much harder for your low initiative Arcs to be bullied, but you have to predict who will be the biggest threat 

Plo also allows your Arcs to reload with the Gunners by taking their disarm tokens if hes on the run.

All in all, i love this list. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, kempokid said:

It could be nice on an initial engagement if you're carrying torps on the lower initiative ships. But otherwise, these 3-die primary ships want to keep TLs for themselves.

But I guess you could pass it to another ship, who gets two TLs with R3. Then that ship spends its lock to give the other ship two TLs back with R3. I dunno how effective it is. Probably situational and would be nice if you're rolling nattys and can afford to give over the TL.

Not how R3 and Sync work unfortunately. Sync allows you to acquire a lock, R3 requires an action to activate the 2nd acquisition. 

I'm looking at Jag with R3 and Sync, with Wolffe, R4-P and Sync, and Anakin with R4-P17, 7B and Sync atm.

Jag has his ease of lock acquisition, with Anakin and Wolffe potentially not needing their locks, might add up to something.

Not sure it will dovetail with Plo so well, if he's taking disarm tokens. Passing a lock down an Init chain seems to open it up a bit more. Like you say, on the lower end of things, they're quite likely to spend the lock themselves.

Needs more actual testing on my part to see if it's worth including at all in this context.

Edited by Cuz05

1 hour ago, Cuz05 said:

Not how R3 and Sync work unfortunately. Sync allows you to acquire a lock, R3 requires an action to activate the 2nd acquisition. 

I'm looking at Jag with R3 and Sync, with Wolffe, R4-P and Sync, and Anakin with R4-P17, 7B and Sync atm.

Jag has his ease of lock acquisition, with Anakin and Wolffe potentially not needing their locks, might add up to something.

Not sure it will dovetail with Plo so well, if he's taking disarm tokens. Passing a lock down an Init chain seems to open it up a bit more. Like you say, on the lower end of things, they're quite likely to spend the lock themselves.

Needs more actual testing on my part to see if it's worth including at all in this context.

Ah good catch. Then yeah I'd go with one or the other, not both, like you have above.

On 4/29/2019 at 6:30 PM, Marev said:

Problem is: If you build it like this, Plo goes from potentially dangerous ace or supporter to toothless guy you can safely ignore. And ARCs die FAST. So you‘ll likely be stuck in an endgame where you have no viable endgame ship.

That being said, 3 ARCs + Jedi definitely has potential. Many generics are not my style, but I am going to try Plo, Sinker and 2 ARCs sometime soon.

I think that the lists will need to fly very differently. Plo in this list enables the high value alpha from the ARCs ... after that, hehelps to keep them engaged, and punching.  I don't think he's meant to be the high threat ace in the list...

My concern with powering him up, is that he becomes an attractive and viable early target, where in the 3 arc list, he is ... as you say ... ignoreable, which means he is enabling the Arcs to do their thing for longer while your opponent chews through all those hull and shields.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dreadai said:

I think that the lists will need to fly very differently. Plo in this list enables the high value alpha from the ARCs ... after that, hehelps to keep them engaged, and punching.  I don't think he's meant to be the high threat ace in the list...

My concern with powering him up, is that he becomes an attractive and viable early target, where in the 3 arc list, he is ... as you say ... ignoreable, which means he is enabling the Arcs to do their thing for longer while your opponent chews through all those hull and shields.

True, but my experience is that ARCs are gone really, really, REALLY fast. Basically, if your alpha strike doesn‘t do enough damage (which is common enough in my experience ;) ) you have a huge problem because there is no viable endgame ship.

Also, so far every opponent focused on Jag first. It’s one of the strength of the Plo/Wolffe/Jag list... none of the ships is ignorable because all of them present a clear threat. The one time someone went for Plo first was the easiest win of all for the simple fact that Plo like all Jedi is super maneuverable and quite hard to hit, unlike the ARCs who are gone quickly if focused. He barely scratched Plo while the ARCs completely destroyed his list ;) Point is: If the opponent goes after Plo first, that‘s actually good because it‘s easy to force him to take bad shots.

That‘s not to say your list doesn‘t have merits. I‘m just not a fan of having the high initiative Jedi without a configuration, doesn‘t mean I‘m objectively right though :) 

Edited by Marev