Posted (edited)

Every single one of my squads is painted, with my uniques having red on them (Imperial) or a different color scheme (Rebels).  I enjoy it so much I started painting my friend's squadrons too.

Edited by Admiral Calkins
Grammar

I am up to about 260 official squadrons & probably close to 350 unofficial, (see plastic crack addiction). So far I have about 1/3rd painted, including unofficial squadrons. Mostly painted by me, but after several Imperial squadrons, I decided to subcontract to @Drasnighta.

I decided I have too many ships I would rather be painting, and nobody paints squadrons like Dras!

But when I'm done, I will have 10 playable factions.

Imperial, Rebellion, Mining Guild, Corporate Sector, Pirates/Mercenarys, CIS, Republic, Sith Empire, Old Republic, Naboo Resistance, and Imperial Customs, & Local Sector Defense. 

Yes, I have a problem. Now that I have admited it, I can get back to painting. ;)

Some time down the road, I'm going to run a full RPG style Campaign. 

That's the plan anyway, and it's good to have goals.

I could never understand why the Warhammer crew throws away such an enormous amount of time by painting miniatures. But I really despised the unpainted squads next to those beautiful ship minis. Hence, grudgingly I started to paint my squads. Now, I am addicted. I have not only painted all my squads, I even harass my little one that he allows me to paint the minis of his board games 😁

I’ve painted two packs of wave 1 Rebel squadrons (including two Core sets), two packs of Rogues and Villains (Rebel and Imperial), and most of my TIEs. I think I just have a few TIE Fighters left to do and one pack of each Rebel and Imperial wave 5 fighters. Haven’t done any painting in a long time though!

Happy Friday!

My Armada stuff has been painted or sharpied for some time (even if it isn't, it's buried away due to home remodeling). Everything recently has been Legion figures, Terrain, or Zombicide Black Plague figures. 

I initially used fine tipped sharpies on my Squadron and then took the plunge and painted them. It was the first miniature painting I have ever done and it was so much fun. I think I have a tie fighter or two that isn’t painted.

On 3/22/2019 at 3:14 AM, Darth Veggie said:

I could never understand why the Warhammer crew throws away such an enormous amount of time by painting miniatures. But I really despised the unpainted squads next to those beautiful ship minis. Hence, grudgingly I started to paint my squads. Now, I am addicted. I have not only painted all my squads, I even harass my little one that he allows me to paint the minis of his board games 😁

One of us! One of us!