Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

Happy Friday

I'm normally an Empire man.  The Separatists just came out, but I think I will enjoy them.  More than Empire?  I'll have to see in a few waves.  I only bought the Vultures and 2 Bellubalubs.  I flew a list that had 7 Vulture Droids with Energy Cased Shells and really enjoyed it.   I will have to fly a list with at least one Bellubablub.   I have one that still has 6 Droids in it.  I think the Hyena Bombers will make me happy.   

Out of the first five factions, I think I'm probably a Resistance guy more than anything.  I love the T-70, RZ-2, and the Bomber.  I just put my new Republic and CIS ships on the table last night, and they're super fun.  I think I'm going to like the Jedi and the Vultures the most. Landing the vultures on asteroids and rotating them around is great.  I also already have a soft spot for fully upgraded Greivous.  I know he's only I4, but I think I'll be fielding him a lot. I need more Vultures before I can fully commit, but I'm leaning a little separatist at the moment.

I've only taken the Republic out for a single test drive but I think I'm going to have fun experimenting with them. Obi-wan with just Calibrated Laser Targeting is a blast and soooooooo easy to line up the bullseye. 

7 minutes ago, dadocollin said:

I think I'm going to like the Jedi and the Vultures the most. Landing the vultures on asteroids and rotating them around is great.  I also already have a soft spot for fully upgraded Greivous.  I know he's only I4, but I think I'll be fielding him a lot. I need more Vultures before I can fully commit, but I'm leaning a little separatist at the moment.

Basically what he said ^^^

I could only get the Infiltrator and SoS yesterday, so I couldn’t field as many Vultures as I’d like to, but Grievous was fun. Honestly I felt like the Belballub’s dial was the one that would take the most getting used to, whereas Vultures I adjusted to with relative ease.

Cant wait to get the rest of my stuff! ^_^

Scum with a secondary Rebel bent in 1.0, switched to Scum with Resistance for 2.0, and I have to say that right now, my favourite is the Resistance.  I've had a blast flying Vennie + AAces in preparation for a local tournament. 

However, the shininess of the new factions called to me, so I pitched my lot in with the Separatists - Maul was far and away the best part of the Prequel era to me, and I have a soft spot for the Infiltrator.  Plus, my playgroup will now have all eras represented.

Posted (edited)

Tough one... I think I'll always be a Rebellion player first at heart.

I've been playing and enjoying the Resistance quite a bit lately and now the one I'm most looking forward to is the Galactic Republic. I guess if I had been "smart" I would have only converted Rebels and Resistance for 2.0, then only get Republic from the brand new factions. But I know I would really miss the other factions as well. I don't like everything from each faction, but I can't imagine not playing at all several ships from each of them.

Edited by admat

I can't decide if I want to play Republic or Seperatists more. My main reason to lean towards Republic is that I'm not particularly interested in the Bentobox-22, while I am interested in flying all the ships on the Republic side. Plus, I feel like Seperatists want me to have six-eight vulture droids and I don't want to make that commitment right now.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

I can't decide if I want to play Republic or Seperatists more. My main reason to lean towards Republic is that I'm not particularly interested in the Bentobox-22, while I am interested in flying all the ships on the Republic side. Plus, I feel like Seperatists want me to have six-eight vulture droids and I don't want to make that commitment right now.

I do feel like I need way more than the three Vultures I have right now after flying them.  But don't discount Grievous in the Belarubadubdub.  I was flying him with Outmaneuver (which pairs with his pilot ability), Soulless One, Impervium Plating, and Kraken.  Just sneak him around out of arc while they're going after the Vultures and watch him shine.  Impervium Plating is great too paired with the +2 hull from the title.  I found with the double re-roll and the -1 defense when you're attacking out of arc, you can take stress from moving and you're still getting a decent attack.  Looks like he'll fit with five Trade Federation Drones + Shells.

Edited by dadocollin

Galactic Empire! TIE strikers + TIE reapers; TIE interceptors + Lambda-class shuttle. Those are beautiful squads to behold!

...but my all-time favorite Star Wars character is Kylo Ren, so now that I have a First Order Conversion Kit, they will be hitting the table a lot in the next few weeks!

Still only flying Imperial.

I think I need to get around to getting the conversion kits before they stop being easily available to find, but I've been very cheap and trying to get by with the minimum spent on the game for the last year. I've also been investing my hobby money in more paints and painting/modeling related tools instead. 

Still flying my favorite 3 ship Empire list. I am having the most fun with it currently. And with Darth Vader crew being hyperspace legal I am one step closer to my extended version becoming hyperspace legal.

I am looking at Republic though, I have a few list ideas that could be quite fun.

Happy Friday CubanBoy!  

My new favorite is Grievous and Maul.  I'll be fitting both of those into lists for awhile, but probably going back to empire at some point too.  Those Hexes always get me!

Posted (edited)

I played with 6 ships with Grappling Struts, but didn't land on a single asteroid.  6.5 years of trying to avoid them and I only treated them as a safety net in case I did land on a rock.  I think to really utilize them I need to plan on being on the rocks all the time.  I need to think about placement to help me and how to utilize being on them as opposed to a "just in case" thing.

Lots of people getting Republic, but I'm the only local getting CIS.  Well, another guy who comes in sometimes.   It will be interesting. 

Edited by heychadwick

21 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

Lots of people getting Republic, but I'm the only local getting CIS.  Well, another guy who comes in sometimes.   It will be interesting. 

How’s it feel to be the only one making the correct decision for a change?

😆

I still haven't figured it out, to the point where I'm actually taking another break from the game.

I was looking forward to some Republic stuff and thought about picking up a ship with Buzz Droids, but I ended up only picking up the Arc. Even then, I almost didn't do that, but I didn't have a Rebel one yet, and I figured I might as well finish my "ships I flew in Star Wars Galaxies" collection, since it's the last one I can get.

There's something I like about ships from all factions, but so far I've had a really terrible flying record and it's made it impossible for me to figure out what I like to actually play.

Republic is so shiny and new. Love the ARC and the Delta looks like my kind of ship.

Still, I don't think I'll find anything I enjoy playing as much as good old Imperial aces.