Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sonikgav

New Toys! First Separatist List.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So i haven't had an in depth look at what does what in this expansion but there's a few things i really like the look of so am i on the right lines?

General Grievous (47)
Elusive (3)
Kraken (10)
Impervium Plating (6)
Soulless One (10)

Haor Chall Prototype (23)
Discord Missiles (6)
Grappling Struts (3)

Haor Chall Prototype (23)
Discord Missiles (6)
Grappling Struts (3)

Separatist Drone (22)
Energy-Shell Charges (4)
Grappling Struts (3)

Separatist Drone (22)
Energy-Shell Charges (4)
Grappling Struts (3)
Total: 198

Edited by Sonikgav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't had a chance to fly with these guys yet, but I suspect the vultures will start dropping quick even with asteroid shenanigans. Because of that I am considering TV-94 instead of Kraken for the relay for the extra damage potential, but until I hit the table it is just guess work. Let me know how these guys fly for ya though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had some success last night with:

Vulture-class Droid Fighter - Separatist Drone - 26
    Separatist Drone - (22)
        Energy-Shell Charges (4)

Sith Infiltrator - •Darth Maul - 95
    •Darth Maul - Sith Assassin (65)
        •General Grievous (3)
        •Chancellor Palpatine (14)
        Hate (3)
        •Kraken (10)

Vulture-class Droid Fighter - Separatist Drone - 26
    Separatist Drone - (22)
        Energy-Shell Charges (4)

Vulture-class Droid Fighter - Separatist Drone - 26
    Separatist Drone -  (22)
        Energy-Shell Charges (4)

Vulture-class Droid Fighter - Separatist Drone - 26
    Separatist Drone -  (22)
        Energy-Shell Charges (4)

Total: 199/200

The drones hit surprisingly hard with the stored calculate from kraken i with the energy shell charges, they drop like flies though meaning Maul has to do a lot of work, but if your opponent decides to focus on Maul the drones can reload and have another go. Note though that one droid can't reload and use another droids calculate to fire the energy shells, so reloading takes some planning. Also not sure about palpatine on Maul, the extra force is nice but 14 points for handing out a stress token is a bit steep. I didn't use his calculate once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Kraken seems like the best Tac Relay, which makes sense since he is twice as much as the other two.

I was toying with a similar list but dropping a Vulture for Wat and having him hold Kraken at the back of the formation of Vultures so Maul wouldn't be concerned about keeping range 3 to the group.

I won't get it on the table until Saturday though so it's all theoretical.

Edited by Burius1981

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Also considering slimming it down to the point where i can make it a 6 Ship Swarm.

 

General Grievous (47)
Treacherous (3)
Kraken (10)
Impervium Plating (6)
Soulless One (10)

Trade Federation Drone (20)
Discord Missiles (6)

Trade Federation Drone (20)
Discord Missiles (6)

Trade Federation Drone (20)
Energy-Shell Charges (4)

Trade Federation Drone (20)
Energy-Shell Charges (4)

Trade Federation Drone (20)
Energy-Shell Charges (4)
Total: 200

I kinda just noticed actually that yea, they might be not very good, but the Vultures can still do a 10 ship swarm if you run them bare. That's mental.

Edited by Sonikgav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sonikgav said:

Also considering slimming it down to the point where i can make it a 6 Ship Swarm.

 

General Grievous (47)
Treacherous (3)
Kraken (10)
Impervium Plating (6)
Soulless One (10)

Trade Federation Drone (20)
Discord Missiles (6)

Trade Federation Drone (20)
Discord Missiles (6)

Trade Federation Drone (20)
Energy-Shell Charges (4)

Trade Federation Drone (20)
Energy-Shell Charges (4)

Trade Federation Drone (20)
Energy-Shell Charges (4)
Total: 200

I kinda just noticed actually that yea, they might be not very good, but the Vultures can still do a 10 ship swarm if you run them bare. That's mental.

Maximum ship count of eight in the tournament regulations unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

try this

Droid-myśliwiec klasy Vulture - Dron Federacji Handlowej - 20
    Dron Federacji Handlowej - (20)

Droid-myśliwiec klasy Vulture - Dron Separatystów - 26
    Dron Separatystów - (22)
        Pociski energetyczne (4)

Droid-myśliwiec klasy Vulture - Dron Separatystów - 26
    Dron Separatystów - (22)
        Pociski energetyczne (4)

Droid-myśliwiec klasy Vulture - Dron Separatystów - 26
    Dron Separatystów - (22)
        Pociski energetyczne (4)

Droid-myśliwiec klasy Vulture - Dron Separatystów - 26
    Dron Separatystów - (22)
        Pociski energetyczne (4)

Infiltrator Sithów - •Hrabia Dooku - 75
    •Hrabia Dooku - Darth Tyranus (61)
        Wiązka ściągająca (2)
        •Sejmitar (4)
        Wyczulone zmysły (3)
        •K2-B4 (5)

Total: 199/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a note for people to be aware of, the reload on Energy-Shell Charges incurs a weapons disabled token just like the normal Reload action. You're not, as of right now since Seps don't have a way to mitigate the token, going to be able to reload them and fire in the same turn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2019 at 12:10 AM, Hiemfire said:

Just a note for people to be aware of, the reload on Energy-Shell Charges incurs a weapons disabled token just like the normal Reload action. You're not, as of right now since Seps don't have a way to mitigate the token, going to be able to reload them and fire in the same turn.

Why is that? It is not a normal reload action. This is "Action:" which has reload in text. I don't see any indication otherwise, but I can be mistaken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BoskiChe said:

Why is that? It is not a normal reload action. This is "Action:" which has reload in text. I don't see any indication otherwise, but I can be mistaken.

Reload is the keyword for the process not the action. If it didn't follow the reload process but instead just recovered a charge it would use "recover a charge" like in Quinn Jast's pilot ability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

Reload is the keyword for the process not the action. If it didn't follow the reload process but instead just recovered a charge it would use "recover a charge" like in Quinn Jast's pilot ability.

To add to this, there are already clear examples of how performing an action and obtaining the outcome of that action are different only in that the cost of spending an action is not incurred. As an example, an instruction to “acquire a lock” still obeys the range restrictions of a target lock action. This is why ST-321 and Dutch specify that the locks they grant can be obtained ignoring range restrictions.

Following this line of thinking, the instruction to reload follows the same process as performing the reload action - including gaining a disarm token - just without requiring the use of an action. Obviously in this case the action is used via other means (the Action: header), but that’s because to just have this card provide a white reload action would allow for the soon-to-be released Hyena Bombers to gain a white reload action, which would make them extremely powerful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...