Rettere

1 Ship 4 Devices (In One Round)

So the official rules thread says:

Q: Do Paige Tico [Crew] and "Deathfire" [TIE Bomber]'s abilities supersede the "one device per round" limitation?

A: Yes. These abilities allow one ship to drop a second device in the same round (at the relevant timing windows), as they do not include the "if you have not dropped or launched a device this round" limitation (as included on Elon Kappehl).

Does this mean that a Resistance Bomber with VTG and Paige Tico can now drop FOUR bombs in one round? Systems phase, one for each primary shot, and then one more when it dies????

4 minutes ago, benlane17 said:

No, because bombs aren't primary attacks. 

No, he's right:

1) System phase - drop #1

2) Engagement, turret facing front-back:

a) primary front attack

b) Paige trigger - drop #2

c) VTG turret attack

d) Paige trigger - drop #3

e) being destroyed by lower initiative ship

f) Paige trigger - drop #4

13 hours ago, Ryfterek said:

No, he's right:

1) System phase - drop #1

2) Engagement, turret facing front-back:

a) primary front attack

b) Paige trigger - drop #2

c) VTG turret attack

d) Paige trigger - drop #3

e) being destroyed by lower initiative ship

f) Paige trigger - drop #4

The things to bear in mind here, before over-reacting, are;

This is effectively dropping the entire bomb load of a bomber as it’s destroyed (therefore taking no further part in the game)

The first Bomb will have detonated at the end of the activation phase before the remaining three are dropped during the engagement phase.

Paige only allows bombs to be dropped, not mines, therefore limiting the damage which can be caused.

The bombs dropped during the engagement phase will not detonate until the end of the following activation phase, therefore making them easily avoidable... especially since the bomber that dropped them has been removed as is no longer blocking your movement.

If there are multiple seismic charges, they will only be effective if there are multiple obstacles in range of the drop position, and rely on ships being in range of those obstacles in order to do any damage.

I really don’t see this interaction being a problem or any sort of cause for concern...

It's not massively a cause for balance concern, though the guy who drops adjacent to him can cover a scary area, it's more a cause for concern on the grounds that it violates the normal way that exception based rules systems work - that exceptions for general rules have to be specifically called out.

33 minutes ago, DexterOnone said:

I really don’t see this interaction being a problem or any sort of cause for concern...

Neither do I - I simply confirmed it is a valid interaction. ;)

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

It's not massively a cause for balance concern, though the guy who drops adjacent to him can cover a scary area, it's more a cause for concern on the grounds that it violates the normal way that exception based rules systems work - that exceptions for general rules have to be specifically called out.

^this (bold-italic-underline mine for emphasis)

The official ruling they gave us essentially says that everything is allowed to break a pretty specific rule, unless the card specifically says it follows that rule.

I mean, seriously!? How am I supposed to argue against the player who says, "Vader can spend a Force to perform actions after he Afterburners off a T-roll," when this ruling exists?

FFG, FFS just change the RR, please! Counter-logic rulings make this game harder to enjoy 😭

Edited by nitrobenz
bold-italic-underline