Hoarder of Garlic Bread

The Petty "I Told you so Thread"

I am a petty person, and thus I am starting this petty thread. I could claim "I told you so" over Delta 7B costing in the ballpark of 16-8pt, but I am still wrong because I did not call the scaling cost. I will say this, to all the people who tried to make Han have all the upsides of his mods with none of the downsides. May I present to you, the official ruling posted 35 min ago:

Q: How does Han Solo [Rebel, Modified YT-1300]'s ability interact with "Midnight" [TIE/fo Fighter]?

A: "Midnight" prevents dice modification. Because Han Solo's ability is a dice modification effect, "Midnight" prevents it from being used. 

Check the ruling thread.

I'm getting a little sick and tired of these large ship nerfs, particularly when they're not taking top spot or crowding out the rest of the field. It's almost like they only want a certain number of ships to be good. 

Somewhere on these boards, a week or so ago, I estimated CLR+Supernatural Anakin to be 102pt. I'm sure of it.

I told you so. Probably.

Also, 1 month ago- 'this HS ship is not remotely competitive'. Someone placed well with it in a large HS trial recently. It's not the ship, it's you.

Delta's will be semi decent and not massively overcosted, you mark my words!

3 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

Somewhere on these boards, a week or so ago, I estimated CLR+Supernatural Anakin to be 102pt. I'm sure of it.

I told you so. Probably.

Also, 1 month ago- 'this HS ship is not remotely competitive'. Someone placed well with it in a large HS trial recently. It's not the ship, it's you.

Delta's will be semi decent and not massively overcosted, you mark my words!

I like how you can fly a 123 pt Anakin effectively with the rest of points going to the Senate on Wolffe. Given the synergy between the super-powered knight and Wolffe, it should be named "Artorias and Sif".

8 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

I like how you can fly a 123 pt Anakin effectively with the rest of points going to the Senate on Wolffe. Given the synergy between the super-powered knight and Wolffe, it should be named "Artorias and Sif".

As an aside, does this have the potential to be a real list? Never take a hit with Ani and then just win on points because you'll still be 61.5% of a list. 

The Rules thread are not an official ruling but it is a useful tool for TOs to set some sort of precedent and standards across all the tournaments. 

IMHO the best rules are written sort of like an analog program. You keep rewriting the rules until you no longer have contradictions or paradox. But the sad truth is the tournament environment of X-wing does not allow for enough time to write them ensuring there won't be any contradictions. However @Tvboy is right, at any time FFG can put out an FAQ/Errata that overturns any thing on the rules thread. I an way the rules are interpreted more like a way laws are interpreted by judges rule lawyers rejoice <_<

Either way there is a hierarchy of the rules from highest to lowest

1. FFG Official F.A.Q. and Errata
  2. FFG Moderated Ruling Thread
  3. Tournament Judge and Officials
  4. X-wing Rule books

Now for most rules you can stay at the lowest the Rule Book and the lowest ironically is the most consistent, but as you go up higher and higher interpretation takes more prominent of a role.

2 minutes ago, Ximatique said:

Pretty sure it has "official" in its title though. But maybe I'm wrong.

It is managed by an administrator but it isn't a published format. Much like wikipedia they can be changed in a day if the admin chooses to do so. When you have a F.A.Q./Errata that is a published format. It is through official channels of communication. Granted the Ruling thread is better than say a random email from the developers, but it terms of communications it is rather informal.

Edited by Marinealver

Just now, Maui. said:

So the thread just kind of declared itself official? Is... is that even legal?

Related image

Being as it was set up by FFG? How about you shoot them a question as to how official their Official Rulings thread is. I'm sure they could use a laugh...

4 minutes ago, Maui. said:

(i was being facetious. of course it's official.)

Internet + /sarc = easily lost in translation :)

Too many are serious in their disregard for things that don't mesh with their personal definition of what is "official".

Edited by Hiemfire

1 hour ago, ThinkingB said:

As an aside, does this have the potential to be a real list? Never take a hit with Ani and then just win on points because you'll still be 61.5% of a list. 

Probably not. 13 wounds in a two ship list? Sounds like hot garbage.