Sign in to follow this  
Jedu

Maul Swarm

So, this is it. Powerful Maul, protected by Grievous, launching the droids in front of him.

Not sure about the right solitary choice, title and seismics. I guess some kind of bomb will be useful, because of only front fire arc of the Infiltrator.

Darth Maul (65)
Hate (3)
General Grievous (3)
Seismic Charges (3)
Scimitar (4)
Kraken (10)

Trade Federation Drone (20)

Discord Missiles (6)

Discord Missiles (6)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

I could change Kraken for other solitary, get rid of the title and the bomb to give 3 Vultures ESCs. It could be a good idea - if the Vultured even get a chance to shoot. I think that they will suffer for being PS1, especially when they encounter clones swarm. Which is nice, thematically.

I think elbowing in 5 Drones leaves it with too many holes. Dropping to 4 allows Ps3 ones to be taken, all with ESC's and/or Discords. Moves/shoots before other generics then, which with how little defense these things have is going to be vital.

Darth Maul (65)    
    Hate (3)    
    Proton Torpedoes (12)    
    General Grievous (3)    
    Scimitar (4)    

Ship total: 87  Half Points: 44  Threshold: 5    

Captain Sear (39)    
    Kraken (10)    

Ship total: 49  Half Points: 25  Threshold: 3    

DFS-311 (24)    
Ship total: 24  Half Points: 12  Threshold: 2    

Ship total: 20  Half Points: 10  Threshold: 2    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Separatist Alliance&d=v6!s=200!272:204,,136,219,,,,216,:;308:222,,:;337:,,:;279:,,:;279:,,:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

DFS-311 is there to give Maul calculate tokens, with kraken Maul keeps one and then can be given one at the start of combat. So the first volley will be Proton torp with target lock two calculate and three force charges, Mauls ability works off  any Attack so after proton, he spends two force fire a primary. He even might get bullseye and can use a calculate to crack shot off of his primary. Maul is not meant last, hope he make his points back. 

On 3/21/2019 at 12:09 PM, OgreOfClubs said:

Darth Maul (65)    
    Hate (3)    
    Proton Torpedoes (12)    
    General Grievous (3)    
    Scimitar (4)    

Ship total: 87  Half Points: 44  Threshold: 5    

Captain Sear (39)    
    Kraken (10)    

Ship total: 49  Half Points: 25  Threshold: 3    

DFS-311 (24)    
Ship total: 24  Half Points: 12  Threshold: 2    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Separatist Alliance&d=v6!s=200!272:204,,136,219,,,,216,:;308:222,,:;337:,,:;279:,,:;279:,,:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

DFS-311 is there to give Maul calculate tokens, with kraken Maul keeps one and then can be given one at the start of combat. So the first volley will be Proton torp with target lock two calculate and three force charges, Mauls ability works off  any Attack so after proton, he spends two force fire a primary. He even might get bullseye and can use a calculate to crack shot off of his primary. Maul is not meant last, hope he make his points back. 

I was toying with a similar idea, though I was using Wat instead of Sear, three Trade Drones, and Maul.  I traded the Proton Torps for a Shield on Wat and a Discord Missile.  YASB link: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Separatist Alliance&d=v6!h=200!279:224,,:;279:,,:;279:,,:;306:,222,165,:;272:204,12,,219,,,,216,:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

I like what you did here, clearly we are thinking along the same general lines.  It hadn't occurred to me to give Maul a Proton Torp, but that's probably because I've been smitten with the idea of ECS and Discord Missiles.

Have you put it on the table yet?  If so how did the game go?

Ok after a few games, Maul does not need Protons or the title. So new list will trade Protons to give all Vultures ESC or two of them discord and the title swap out for a shield upgrade.

The ESC will give a bigger range 3 punch, before formation breaks. Or Discord to mess with there joust plan.

15 hours ago, OgreOfClubs said:

Ok after a few games, Maul does not need Protons or the title. So new list will trade Protons to give all Vultures ESC or two of them discord and the title swap out for a shield upgrade.

The ESC will give a bigger range 3 punch, before formation breaks. Or Discord to mess with there joust plan.

I've came to the same conclusion.  I dropped the Torps from Maul and went with K2-B4 for the Tac Relay, that lets me squeeze in 5 Trade Fed Drones all with ESC.

I'm wondering if I should try to squeeze in a Discord or 2 though.