Sign in to follow this  
faxx2

Vulture Drods firing Proton Rockets

I noticed that they can technically take the Proton rockets as a missile upgrade. However, they cannot have a focus result (unless you darth Sidious force command). . . 

Are calculate classified as acting as a focus for the purpose of Proton rockets ect?

Just now, faxx2 said:

I noticed that they can technically take the Proton rockets as a missile upgrade. However, they cannot have a focus result (unless you darth Sidious force command). . . 

Are calculate classified as acting as a focus for the purpose of Proton rockets ect?

Nope! Its a 7-point paperweight on droids.

There might be cards or abilities in the future that can let vultures get a focus, Sidious is the only way that I know of atm, unless there is a Bellyrub or infiltrator pilot that do something.

9 minutes ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

There might be cards or abilities in the future that can let vultures get a focus, Sidious is the only way that I know of atm, unless there is a Bellyrub or infiltrator pilot that do something.

Only Sidious at the moment. There is another Tac Relay coming with the Hyena Bomber next wave which may enable it. Honestly I really hope it does or FFG adjusts the rules for ordnance to allow Calculate tokens to count as Focus tokens for enabling an attack with Focus requiring ordnance since the Hyena has Barrage Rockets in its preview spread.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

Only Sidious at the moment. There is another Tac Relay coming with the Hyena Bomber next wave which may enable it. Honestly I really hope it does or FFG adjusts the rules for ordnance to allow Calculate tokens to count as Focus tokens for enabling an attack with Focus requiring ordnance since the Hyena has Barrage Rockets in its preview spread.

^^^ I'm definitely leaning towards a new Tac Relay allowing it. Would keep you from Kraken-stacking Calcs for the shot.

Edited by SpiderMana

6 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Ya, I am too.

Though it’s not as though that would be too extremely powerful. Hopefully he’s real cheap or gives another bonus along with firing focus-requirement ordnance.

2 minutes ago, Anselmmunilev said:

What about the pre-build for DFS-081? It has proton rockets, would it gain the focus action like Iden Versio's tie gained target lock for her proton torpedo? 

Not unless the Focus action is shown on the Quickbuild card

51 minutes ago, Anselmmunilev said:

What about the pre-build for DFS-081? It has proton rockets, would it gain the focus action like Iden Versio's tie gained target lock for her proton torpedo? 

There are a whole bunch of quick builds that have elements that are broken as written. I tend to assume they work as presumably intended.

3 hours ago, Anselmmunilev said:

The only place I know of that indicates the Iden Quick build gains the lock action is on the special release cards from one of the tourney kits. I didn't see anything on any other resources indicating it.

2 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

There are a whole bunch of quick builds that have elements that are broken as written. I tend to assume they work as presumably intended.

This is how I would rule it as well, especially considering the more casual nature of Quick Builds.

On 3/20/2019 at 5:50 PM, KiraYamatoSF said:

...unless there is a Bellyrub...

You know, at first I thought this was some new lingo for a "handshake" type of game mechanic. 🤣 

Which I guess Sidious would be...

"And then I use Sidious to bellyrub this Vulture so it can fire rockets later"