Volt80

Forcepoint Cost to Activate Farsight Control Upgrade

My apologies if this has already been asked and answered, but my searches have not been successful.

This question could possibly apply to other powers, too, but Farsight is the one that I'm currently confused about. 

Question:
If a PC wants to activate Farsight: Control "Spend FORCEPOINT to see through a single object at medium range as though it were transparent", how many pips total would that require the PC use?  Would it be 2 total (to first activate the Basic Power and then the Control Upgrade), or would it be just 1 total (to activate just the Control upgrade)?

Same question would apply to the other two similar Control upgrades: See Fine Details and See Microscopic Details.

4 minutes ago, Volt80 said:

My apologies if this has already been asked and answered, but my searches have not been successful.

This question could possibly apply to other powers, too, but Farsight is the one that I'm currently confused about. 

Question:
If a PC wants to activate Farsight: Control "Spend FORCEPOINT to see through a single object at medium range as though it were transparent", how many pips total would that require the PC use?  Would it be 2 total (to first activate the Basic Power and then the Control Upgrade), or would it be just 1 total (to activate just the Control upgrade)?

Same question would apply to the other two similar Control upgrades: See Fine Details and See Microscopic Details.

It's one Force Point total, plus any you use for Magnitude, Strength or Range upgrades.. That Control upgrade replaces the base effect when you use it. 

On 3/20/2019 at 7:17 PM, Tramp Graphics said:

It's one Force Point total, plus any you use for Magnitude, Strength or Range upgrades.. That Control upgrade replaces the base effect when you use it. 

This was my thought, too, but I can't find any rules that make this clear.

It's right at the beginning of the Chapter under Control Upgrades on page 283. to quote:

Control: Control upgrades add new effects to Force powers, or modify existing effects (adding or changing the way a Force sensitive character spends Force points). 

The Control upgrade in question changes the way the character spends his Force points.