Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Scubadude

Commit one (podcast) interviews Steve Horvath on Jan 5th!!

Recommended Posts




Commit one (podcast) Interviews Steve Horvath !!


 


 


That’s right guys the long awaited first ever-audio interview with the creator of UFS Steve Horvath is set for Jan 5th!!  We need all your help though to make this a success please submit all your questions.  If you want to know about how UFS is developing with upcoming events, the future sets, licenses, and the overall future of the game submit your questions.  We can’t wait to hear the questions from everyone get him or her in now before it’s too late.


 


See you in the arena,


 


Scuba


 


sdoubleg@yahoo.com


 


paperlinkzero@hotmail.com


 


ckovaz@aol.com


 


remhotep80@yahoo.com



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

trane said:

the red pains my eyes. why did you make it so bright?

 

I had some issue copying and pasting it from word and it not showing up and I tried to go back and edit it back and i cant edit anymore man we need this part of the forum changed lol . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question # 1- How do the developers decide what symbols and abilties define the characters that they make?

Question # 2- What were you considering when you created the UFS card games and were there times in which you thought to yourself that certain ideas might not work?

 

Just two questions to start out. More questions from  the UFS audience would be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my questions:

#1: why so many ryus and mais?

#2: when you desiegned UFS did you have the games (SF,SC,KoF,etc) in mind?

#3: do the game companies (Namco, SNK Playmore and Capcom) have any say in what charecters you make, how strong they are, or other set content isues?

the first question is just for luaghs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jadrax said:

trane said:

 

your link doesn't seem to work.

 

Intresting, the same workaround is still working for me.

 

must be my computer. the things 8 years old and hates links.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

trane said:

jadrax said:

 

trane said:

 

your link doesn't seem to work.

 

Intresting, the same workaround is still working for me.

 

 

 

must be my computer. the things 8 years old and hates links.

Try right clicking on the link and launching in a new window.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may be kind of petty, but I've always been curious as to why Capcom and SNK have had their logos plastered on the backs of boosters and playmats yet Namco Bandai's logo has never been featured on a wrapper or playmat to date.

If you could slip this into the interview, it would be much appreciated! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TokoTamer said:

This may be kind of petty, but I've always been curious as to why Capcom and SNK have had their logos plastered on the backs of boosters and playmats yet Namco Bandai's logo has never been featured on a wrapper or playmat to date.

If you could slip this into the interview, it would be much appreciated! :)

 

No problem man make sure you listen to it to hear your question though and tell everyone you know. But it might have to do with bandai has 2 popular CCG's just my thought though . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Any word on new licenses?

2. Can you give some examples of how Hata has changed how things were done? Comparing some cards from playtesting, to 'final design', to how Hata has redesigned it would be nice.

3. How has the switch to FFG effected things?

4. Is there going to be any effort in reigning in the sheer number of character variants with completely different effects?

5. Related to 4, have they made any decisions when it comes to the issue of reprints of older, non broken cards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. What are the plans for artwork for future sets as Set 11's only real flaw was terrible artwork and bad foiling.

2. Why does UFS rotation not happen after the last release of a watermark block, but at the first release of next watermarked block.

3.  Why does UFS release two sets at once? (something I have always wondered)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1: Evil has won the past two World Championships. Even though it seems a bit weakened now, I want to know if the fact that Evil has kind of been the favored symbol as far as power cards in this game, is that something that is taken into consideration when designing new cards?

2: Many of the popular kill cards, and the cards that enable them, have been made rather hard to get, thus making it harder for alot of players to get their hands on them. Is this intentional, or is there going to be a movement towards making more common/uncommon/rare cards that aren't completely chase cards, but are very adequate win conditions?

3: Combo decks, for the most part, have been nearly non-existant in many regards in UFS. Is this intentional? If so, why?

4: Is Zhao Daiyou (SP?) going to be released and legal in the near future?

5: With the recent news of a Penny Arcade re-release, is there any indication that cards may be designed for a new PA set? If so, would those likely be based off of the PA videogame?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wilding said:

1: Evil has won the past two World Championships. Even though it seems a bit weakened now, I want to know if the fact that Evil has kind of been the favored symbol as far as power cards in this game, is that something that is taken into consideration when designing new cards?

2: Many of the popular kill cards, and the cards that enable them, have been made rather hard to get, thus making it harder for alot of players to get their hands on them. Is this intentional, or is there going to be a movement towards making more common/uncommon/rare cards that aren't completely chase cards, but are very adequate win conditions?

3: Combo decks, for the most part, have been nearly non-existant in many regards in UFS. Is this intentional? If so, why?

4: Is Zhao Daiyou (SP?) going to be released and legal in the near future?

5: With the recent news of a Penny Arcade re-release, is there any indication that cards may be designed for a new PA set? If so, would those likely be based off of the PA videogame?

 

Zhao Daiyou is now legal in Jan but we will ask the rest thanks dude. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it's okay for me to ask a question or two even though I hardly ever post!

1. Are you still working with Imaginary Friends Studios? The only art done by them in the recent sets were cards that were designed earlier and were supposed to be part of a Battlepack...(Terry, Rock, Billy, and Geese)

2. Will UFS eventually have expanded licenses of the already acquired licenses? By that I mean adding Street Fighter IV characters, Street Fighter EX characters (I think they'd need more than just Capcom's license though), more King of Fighters characters (not just 2006), and more Samurai Shodown characters (not just from 5)?

3. I recall someone at Sabertooth stating a long time ago that they got a new license for UFS, as well as a half license. I assume the half license was for Soul Calibur IV, but what about the other license? Was that just a miscommunication?

4. Will there be no more Soul Calibur 3 sets after the first Soul Calibur 4 set is released? Several bonus characters haven't received any Character Cards yet (Abelia, Luna, Girardot, Hwang, Li Long, Valeria, Lynette, Hualin, Aurelia) and some normal characters are no longer in SC4 (Olcadan, Abyss) and the secret boss Night Terror is no longer in SC4 either...what is their fate? And what about Colossus!?

Sorry for asking so many!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think these summarizes my feelings about the game right now, as I like it more when it is more attack oriented lasting 3-5 turns and 15-25 minutes.

1. During the last year, the game is more and more about staging area control wars, and then an almost sure kill when everything is under control, with decks running very few attacks, and only playing them in the kill turn. This isn't like fighting videogames. Can we expect this situation to change in 2009?

2. Can we expect a reduction of the power level in cards? I mean, more balanced cards as far as costs/effects are concerned.

3. Will there be more attacks worth running (I mean really playable) printed, balanced, that are common/uncommon?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wilding said:

1: Evil has won All Three World Championships and Canadian Nationals 08. Even though it seems a bit weakened now, I want to know if the fact that Evil has kind of been the favored symbol as far as power cards in this game, is that something that is taken into consideration when designing new cards?

^fixed for truthiness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Thanks guys I am now importing all the questions from this topic to our list so if you have additional questions tonight or tomarrow mourning email me . 

ckovaz@aol.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...