6xFleet Troopers
-Scattergunner
-Frags
-Recon Intel

2xWookie Warriors
-Tenacity
-Duck and Cover
-Recon Intel

This list is for Tabletop Simulator, since I'm not about to buy this many Fleet Troopers. I almost always run 2 units of Fleet Troopers pretty successfully (except I usually have an extra trooper or, if I can afford it, a Rebel Officer). They either murder all sorts of stuff or my opponent freaks out and focus fires them into oblivion (so a win-win), so I figured I would give this a try. Please let me know what you guys think.

Your opponent will just kite you since you have nothing range 3, they can just pick you off at range with everything they've got without suffering any casualties themselves.

43 minutes ago, zeromoon17 said:

Your opponent will just kite you since you have nothing range 3, they can just pick you off at range with everything they've got without suffering any casualties themselves.

Then I'll sit on the objectives, Dodge, and win. Also, kiting doesn't really work when I can just double move.

On 3/21/2019 at 12:44 AM, arnoldrew said:

Then I'll sit on the objectives, Dodge, and win. Also, kiting doesn't really work when I can just double move.

You cannot double move if all your army is covered in suppression tokens. Luke is not enough for suppression removal.

Posted (edited)
On 3/22/2019 at 9:43 AM, Senjius said:

You cannot double move if all your army is covered in suppression tokens. Luke is not enough for suppression removal.

Under what magical condition is my opponent able to coat my entire 9-activation army in suppression tokens (short of Vader, who I rarely see and who must then himself be in range)? Is this a hypothetical featureless plain with no terrain? Kiting just simply does not work for an entire army, especially when there are objectives to consider as well as Wookiees.

Edited by arnoldrew

I don't think you need to kite the whole army, just enough to move out a unit's range and shoot with your longer range. Still kiting, just maybe not all of the army.

Your list does sound interesting, just two-dimensional. My opinion, but I think multi-functional armies can react to more what an opponent might throw at you. Typical rock, paper, sissors

Posted (edited)

I think this may have the effect youre

Looking for some of the time, but a smart or experienced player will pick off just enough of your figures to make them less effective. Once they take some casualties the unit is not as scary.

Ive have wondered how effective the red scatter gun would be en masse myself as i can't seem to get my white or black dice to hit the broad side of a large barn in many games

Try it out i say. Especially online.

Suppression is going to eat you alive in some games

Edited by buckero0

Posted (edited)
On 3/22/2019 at 11:57 AM, arnoldrew said:

Under what magical condition is my opponent able to coat my entire 9-activation army in suppression tokens (short of Vader, who I rarely see and who must then himself be in range)? Is this a hypothetical featureless plain with no terrain? Kiting just simply does not work for an entire army, especially when there are objectives to consider as well as Wookiees.

4x deathtroopers can hand out 3 suppression  between 2 targets every round, that would be enough to cover the entire 8 activation army, and not even address the regulars. 

Edit: At range 4, right? That’s pretty extreme against Range 2. 

Not to mention it would require Krennic, and he can layer on 1-2 more depending on the round. 

Edited by Derrault

15 hours ago, Derrault said:

4x deathtroopers can hand out 3 suppression  between 2 targets every round, that would be enough to cover the entire 8 activation army, and not even address the regulars. 

Edit: At range 4, right? That’s pretty extreme against Range 2. 

Not to mention it would require Krennic, and he can layer on 1-2 more depending on the round. 

I actually played this against a 2xDT+Krennic+Vader list and a 3xDT+Krennic list on TTS. The first game went pretty well with Advanced Positions and Limited visibility. I won it pretty handily even with both suppression bombs (they either didn't have that much suppression or were within range of Luke so no one panicked). The second game was a disaster with Advanced Positions and Rapid Reinforcements. Suppression wasn't the issue, death was. I was almost tabled by the end of round 4. Either way the games were super fun.