Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Benioff and Weiss’ First Star Wars Film to Begin Filming this Fall

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

angry guy posts angry review

news at 11

Not without reason.

But poor D&D, if they think the G. R. R. Martin crowd is mean to them, just wait till they see what the G. Lucas crowd has in store for them!

Edited by Marinealver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:48 PM, That Blasted Samophlange said:

To certain points of view it is a lot of adulation for a game steeped in mediocrity.

You're going to find that a great many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:27 PM, Marinealver said:

Not without reason.

But poor D&D, if they think the G. R. R. Martin crowd is mean to them, just wait till they see what the G. Lucas crowd has in store for them!

They're going to need to work on the scriptwriting, for a start...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

 

 

 

doesn't quite work with the mountain being able to shrug off sword blows. At first it matches and of course the other scenes like the tower of joy but with Clegane to simply block sword blows with his arm, it breaks the aesthetics of lightsaber combat. They should have added that TR-8R hand to hand combat baton from episode 7 to his arm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Marinealver said:

doesn't quite work with the mountain being able to shrug off sword blows. At first it matches and of course the other scenes like the tower of joy but with Clegane to simply block sword blows with his arm, it breaks the aesthetics of lightsaber combat. They should have added that TR-8R hand to hand combat baton from episode 7 to his arm.

Hey, if it is stupid enough to include in kotor, why not here?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Hey, if it is stupid enough to include in kotor, why not here?  

Oh, this isn't a KotOR only thing, its alive and well in current canon material...

Quote

Crushgaunts, are strength-enhancing gloves designed centuries ago by the Mandalorians. They are constructed from a reactive, polymer-enhanced material reinforced by beskar plates. When worn, crushgaunts increase a wearer’s grip strength to the point that they can shatter bone, crush durasteel, destroy weapons, and perform other deadly feats of strength. Thanks to their peculiar construction and beskar reinforcement, crushgaunts can even turn a lightsaber blade.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/5/15/taking-flight/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2019 at 2:23 PM, Marinealver said:

doesn't quite work with the mountain being able to shrug off sword blows. At first it matches and of course the other scenes like the tower of joy but with Clegane to simply block sword blows with his arm, it breaks the aesthetics of lightsaber combat. They should have added that TR-8R hand to hand combat baton from episode 7 to his arm.

Cortosis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luke hit Vader pretty solidly on the shoulder in Empire and Vader only grunted, didn't seem to impede him in any way.

 

For that matter, the guard rails in the throne room in Jedi (and, I think, on the catwalk in Bespin) take some really heavy blows and it is only the one that cuts off Vader's arm that slices through them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kris40k said:

Oh, this isn't a KotOR only thing, its alive and well in current canon material...

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/5/15/taking-flight/

 

I don't believe Roleplaying games are canon..  I mean, by the nature of them, a player can kill Luke Skywalker, Han, or any character.   They seem to include a number of things that haven't shown in films/comics.   Crushgaunts don't seem to be in the databank on StarWars.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I don't believe Roleplaying games are canon..  I mean, by the nature of them, a player can kill Luke Skywalker, Han, or any character.   They seem to include a number of things that haven't shown in films/comics.   Crushgaunts don't seem to be in the databank on StarWars.com

What occurs during an individual playing session has no expectation to be considered canon. But they should be using approved source material with the license. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I don't believe Roleplaying games are canon..  I mean, by the nature of them, a player can kill Luke Skywalker, Han, or any character.   They seem to include a number of things that haven't shown in films/comics.   Crushgaunts don't seem to be in the databank on StarWars.com

Crushgaunts are in canon sources, but I don't think the lightsaber bending is. Star Wars: The Last Jedi Visual Spoiler and Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide. I don't have any info about what's actually said about them in those sources, though.

37 minutes ago, kris40k said:

What occurs during an individual playing session has no expectation to be considered canon. But they should be using approved source material with the license. 

I'm pretty sure none of the FFG SW RPG stuff is not generally considered canon, although what they put out seems to be shaped by the new canon stuff coming out, and they sometimes add details to existing canon concepts and those added details are sometimes taken as canon even if they aren't established in a proper canon source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...