Sign in to follow this  
ozmodon

Key Abduction question?

31 minutes ago, ozmodon said:

Is the card saying forge a Key at 15  minus one for every card in your hand? If so has anyone ever done it?

Not often because I don’t have a deck specced for it but I’ve gotten it off once in a sealed. Best bet is any deck with a good number of mars creatures and logos for either large draw or archive 

Yes, that is how Key Abduction works. You may forge a key for current cost (presumably 6) +9, -1 for every card in your hand. 

Yes, many people have forged this way. It isn't too difficult if you have Library Access or a bunch of creatures on the board. If you also have a Total Recall in the deck, it can make it quite easy.

It's also good at flinging enemy mars card back to the opponent's card, but it's occasionnal to forge. Got a double forge in the turn against me with it due to battle fleet's drawing of cards and a lucky way end of draw/redraw. 

It's not as bad as it sounds. If you have 4 mars creatures on the board, key abduction pulls them into your hand first. If you reap with those creatures, that's 4 aember. +4 aember and being able to forge for the normal 6 out of turn.

Yeah 4 living mars creatures is not common :) But even base cost key abduction (no mars creatures, 5 cards in hand after playing key abduction) lets you forge for 10. That's slightly better than key of darkness in it's worst case.

On 3/22/2019 at 1:27 PM, saluk64007 said:

It's not as bad as it sounds. If you have 4 mars creatures on the board, key abduction pulls them into your hand first. If you reap with those creatures, that's 4 aember. +4 aember and being able to forge for the normal 6 out of turn.

Yeah 4 living mars creatures is not common :) But even base cost key abduction (no mars creatures, 5 cards in hand after playing key abduction) lets you forge for 10. That's slightly better than key of darkness in it's worst case.

Incubation chamber is good with it.  I've also pulled it off once using a bunch of reap effects before the mars guys bounce back. I've got one deck, it's one win was when I had a Blypyp stick on the table (why is't it evasive?). Used them to reap then key abducted for my 2nd key. Then replayed him ready to set up chains and get enough aember for my 3rd key next turn.