Sign in to follow this  
Sturn

Meets Instead of Exceeds Thresholds?

Posted (edited)

I'm about to start my first Genesys campaign this weekend (fingers crossed). I've run Warhammer FFG and SW FFG before. I've got new potential players. In the past, I've had players (including myself when new to FFG narrative) take a bit getting used to exceeds Wound and Strain thresholds. I guess it seems more natural to use meets. It's also simpler when using Minions to use meets instead of exceeds. If I toss thresholds completely, call them just Wounds and Strain, and knock out characters at "damage" equal to Wounds and Strain, are there going to be any issues? The only one I can think of quickly is everyone's relative toughness is reduced by 1 point (which I suppose could be compensated by raising the racial defaults by 1 point each, a.i. +11 instead of +10)??

Edited by Sturn

I don't see it making too big a difference. It is just one point, so raising everything by 1 should be fine. You could switch to the HP-like system and say anything less than 0 (at -1 or less) means a character becomes incapacitated, which is functionally the same as RAW, but easier to understand for most people.