Chutney

Is Mansions over?

So I noticed they haven't announced anything new for this game in a quite a few months.  This is the longest the game has gone without some sort of update even if it's as small as a dlc scenario.  I've noticed that Arkham the card game seems to be getting all the love now.

Is Mansions over?  I really hope not because this very well may be my favorite board game of all time.

Hopefully not - it could just be a natural slow-down.

That said, Nikki Valens has left FFG, not sure who has taken over the IP.

Edited by icabod
Name correction

Icabod,

Nikki worked only on the core set for Mansions. Then, starting with the first expansion, the lead passed to Grace Holdinghouse and Kara Centell-Dunk (aided by various other developers over the years), while Nikki was working on other stuff (AH 3rd, Legacy of Dragonholt, Eldritch Horror). So, Nikki leaving FFG had zero impact on Mansions

FFG appear to focus on their new hotness, which nobody can blame them for as they are a business.

When Star Wars Legion was announced, Imperial Assault took a real dive in news and expansions. Whilst the Imperial Assault community is always in a loop of 'is this game dead => this game must be dead => yes, some news! => back to is this game dead' Legion was the real push for their Star Wars following. Then X-Wing 2.0 did the same thing. Currently, 'The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle Earth' is FFG's new hotness, the new app-driven game that they will push hard until release and beyond. Of course, MoM Figure & Tile packs not being on the reprint list will cause some alarm, but it will either be just a matter of patience or FFG have something up their sleeve. 

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I love this game (it's my favourite!) and was looking forward to the cycle continuing of small box expansion at the start of the year and the big box expansion near the end of the year. I'm hoping that we'll be surprised soon. :)

Edited by Phoenix_FFG

It gives me some breathing space as I still have to buy Horrific Journeys 😁

Also, I have absolute faith things are coming along, no news doesn't mean it's bad news.

Edited by kyozu

On 3/20/2019 at 7:40 PM, Phoenix_FFG said:

Currently, 'The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle Earth' is FFG's new hotness, the new app-driven game that they will push hard until release and beyond.

My hope is that 'Journeys in Middle Earth' will introduce non-Arkham folk to the app-hybrid format, and that some of that interest will bleed over into revitalized MoM sales.

I would've thought MOM would be around at least until all investigators have appeared and have plastic figures for.  I'd really like figs and cards for the mechanic and the dreamer...

It seems that the new Lovecraft get more attention for the fall (ie Halloween-Christmas) season, while the Star Wars hype starts int he winter until GenCon. There is no reason to abandon Mansions yet- and there are more great scenarios/campaigns that could be done yet. Still waiting to investigate the Black Pharaoh in Egypt or Yig in Mezoamerica.....