Indy_com

Krennic Article! - Architect of Terror

4 minutes ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

compel gives you more suppression, courage 2 on turn 5 or 6 means you loose 1 action if you don't clear it. and inspire is very nice for the counter to this. but sadly the most empire can have for inspire is 2 commanders and 6 corps units with 20 point upgrade.

I think he's saying that with compel, even if you lose an action to being suppressed, you can still move + attack

7 minutes ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

compel gives you more suppression, courage 2 on turn 5 or 6 means you loose 1 action if you don't clear it. and inspire is very nice for the counter to this. but sadly the most empire can have for inspire is 2 commanders and 6 corps units with 20 point upgrade.

Yes, but Compel still technically gives you two actions, at the cost of an additional suppression. Death Troopers also have a way to guarantee a suppression removal, further emphasizing their connection to Krennic. I think Krennic will likely want only a minimum of Corps, which may serve as Inspire farms for removing suppression from your other, more important/expensive units. 

Also as a note, if you take Krennic, you can only have 1 inspire Commander in a normal game.

Meanwhile, your opponent is not nearly as likely to have built around Krennic dropping 1-2 Suppression on ALL of their Troops, and as you control whether or not that card is played and WHEN, you can play it when it will benefit you the most, putting some number of your opponent's units into enough Suppression to cause Panic.

2 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Also as a note, if you take Krennic, you can only have 1 inspire Commander in a normal game.

commander yes, inspire removal no each corps can have a officer that removes 1 suppression from other units.

Do you think that Krennic might be good alongside Vader where he is giving out courage - so that 1 or 2 suppression won't be as big a deal as far as panicking goes or would it be better just to build him for courage 2 units and hope to clear some/not have 3+ suppression for that action loss?

Just now, azeronbloodmoone said:

commander yes, inspire removal no each corps can have a officer that removes 1 suppression from other units.

Yes, I know. I was limiting myself to correcting the portion of your comment that was incorrect.

most empire can have for inspire is 2 commanders and 6 corps units

However in order to include the 3 pip card, then the numbers change to 1 commander and 6 corps units. Not a big change, but was just pointing out a minor error you had made. 

44 minutes ago, Manchester said:

Looks very good for 90 points!

My biggest problem though is the defense die and unarmed attack

Dude, krennic had to be pushing 50, upper 40s at least, and at no point displayed any hand to hand ability. I think a black dice is generous. The defense dice and surge are consistent with all unarmored characters.

1 hour ago, thepopemobile100 said:

Guardian still only works on ranged attacks. Wookies and Luke can still beat him up and take his lunch money

Then have your guardians stand literally around him.  No room to melee!  

25 minutes ago, HelHound said:

Krennic’s 3-pip, Death Troopers weapon card, and the Occupier Tank can dish out a TON of suppression in one well timed and set up round. 

Plus E-Webs with Barrage Generator. It may be possible to cause multiple units to Panic. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

Krennic- Annihilation Looms!   Muwahahahahah!

*Death Star Appears*

Han- Change of plans

*Death Star Disappears*

Krennic- ....wut?

wouldn't be the first time that card was played turn 6 to grab a victory from my hands!

Edited by Gridloc

2 pip is going to be amazing with Death Troopers and Overwatch, and/or E-webs.  Rush the center of the board turn one and then pop this turn two and dare the opponent to advance.  The real downside is snipers.  if you are not behind LoS cover you will just lose those standby tokens.  I could see it being really good on a dense urban board though.

Also just realizing how powerful Voracious Ambition is with Krennic's Cunning ability.  You're guaranteed first activation (unless Han shoots first or messes with your plans) and you get to determine the order of 4 units (or 5 if you are running with death troopers)!  HQ uplink and Comms relay are going to be great with this.

Think about it.  Is luke about to Son of Skywalker? Play voracious ambition, automatically win the initiative tie and the throw a sacrificial unit at him in melee so he cant go to the target he wants.

7 minutes ago, PhantomFO said:

So let me get this straight: 

The Death Star appears in the sky, and your infantry are going to try and escape the blast on foot?

If you run fast enough Movie Plot armor will protect you!

Just now, Indy_com said:

Movie Plot Armour didn't save Jyn or Cassian...

Their fault for not signing a multi movie contract... though Cassian is getting a show on disney.  So its like he survived... kinda... 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Gridloc said:

If you run fast enough Movie Plot armor will protect you!

Just get to a U-Wing and slam the hyperspace button.  Hyperspace calculations are for square, rule following losers like Solo.

Edited by Katarn

16 minutes ago, Darth evil said:

Why cant the Empire get an abusable 2 pip like Leia, wouldn't Krennics 2 pip combo nicely with hq uplink if it didnt have a 2 in it 😞

how is her 2 pip abusable? yeah you can change the order to a different unit and her command card will allow that unit to do a speed 1 move instead of that trooper.

16 minutes ago, Darth evil said:

Why cant the Empire get an abusable 2 pip like Leia, wouldn't Krennics 2 pip combo nicely with hq uplink if it didnt have a 2 in it 😞

I think a board filled with range 3 standbys for free would be way dumber than anything Leia can do...